Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Accuracy in end game

FlyinSpaghetti
01.16.2013 , 06:07 AM | #1
I'm a little confused on how much I actually need, and whether it is essential to reach a certain number over having a higher crit multiplier.

The basic part I understand is with a 100% your attacks wont be missed or dodged by normal mobs, but then I hear that operation bosses have a 10% buff to their defence chance. But the thing that confuses me is the fact many people say that stock endgame gear (like stock rakata or BH) has too much accuracy and that needs to be replaced in order to hit a certain DPS target.

My sent which is in full 61 tier gear is currently sitting at the 285 rating which is 99.89 with the 1% companion buff, I know I got to push that to 100% but do I need to go far above that for operations bosses or is there something I'm missing?
Quote: Originally Posted by BaronV View Post
Thats no moon... thats a CARTEL COIN!

wainot-keel
01.16.2013 , 06:43 AM | #2
lol, yeah, yesterday I was spending some Rakata and Columi tokens on my jugg tank for offspec . After I finish, I see my melee accuracy is over 103 % (without the skills from Vengeance tree) and my surge was 60 %

Anyway, never quite understood that 10% bonus to def on bosses, but in any case, if I'm reading this chart right, you would need to get your (melee) accuracy rating near 900 to fully counter that 10% and that would hurt your stats more than anything.

I'd say just upgrade a few Acute or Initiative enhancements from 61 to 63 and you should get melee accuracy 100%. Don't go beyond that.

zgiety
01.16.2013 , 06:47 AM | #3
On my Vanguard after getting rid of my accuracy enhancment from my rakata gear I went from 30% shield chance to 50% and shield absorb from 30% to 42% so I think that's worth more than the 10% accuracy I lost by doing so. Oh but i added some augments too so the numbers may be a little less but still worth more that the accuracy.

RikuvonDrake
01.16.2013 , 07:03 AM | #4
Tanks should never, ever have any accuracy in their gear.
Dread Master - Deposer of The Dread Masters - Conqueror of the Dread Fortress
Not Good Enough | Rikacha - Rikachu - Rikachi - Rebel Dream | Riku
Ruthless | Susannah - Fauna - Wildthorn - Krewel - Montör
Bloodworthy - Tomb of Freedon Nadd

Cabiria
01.16.2013 , 08:01 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by FlyinSpaghetti View Post
I'm a little confused on how much I actually need, and whether it is essential to reach a certain number over having a higher crit multiplier.

The basic part I understand is with a 100% your attacks wont be missed or dodged by normal mobs, but then I hear that operation bosses have a 10% buff to their defence chance. But the thing that confuses me is the fact many people say that stock endgame gear (like stock rakata or BH) has too much accuracy and that needs to be replaced in order to hit a certain DPS target.

My sent which is in full 61 tier gear is currently sitting at the 285 rating which is 99.89 with the 1% companion buff, I know I got to push that to 100% but do I need to go far above that for operations bosses or is there something I'm missing?
You have three types of abilities... 'normal' attacks, 'special' attacks and for your Sentinel, 'force' attacks.

Normal and special attacks are the white numbers, and force/tech attacks are yellow.

Your yellow attacks will never miss, but can be dodged/parried. Yellow attacks have a base 100% accuracy and any +accuracy you add will lessen the chance for those abilities to be dodged/parried.

Your normal/special 'white' attacks are different. 'Normal' attacks, which for the most part, only include your auto attack (slash, rapid shots, etc.) while your special attacks are pretty much everything else. 'Normal' attacks have a base 90% accuracy while 'special' attacks have a base 100%. 'Special' attacks work the same as 'force/tech' attacks in that they will never miss, but can be dodged/parried.

If you hover over your accuracy stat in both melee/ranged attacks, you'll see the number difference between 'normal' and 'special.'

To answer your question, you want 100% MELEE/RANGED ACCURACY. Don't concern yourself with force/tech accuracy. To clarify, when you open your character window and look under melee/ranged without hovering or clicking on anything, you want that number to 100%.

For example on my Mercenary, I have 100.27% ranged accuracy with an accuracy rating of 300.0.
Trois (Merc DPS) /// Cabiria (Jugg tank) /// Gradisca (Sorc healer)
<Chosen> // Officer
Prophecy of the Five
www.chosen-guild.com

lokozar
01.16.2013 , 08:15 AM | #6
There are 4 attack types.

Force and Tech:
- can't be dodged, parried or shielded.

Melee and Ranged:
- can be dodged, parried and shielded

Accuracy counts against defense (dodge/parry) and shield chance and only benefits melee and ranged attacks, which make for a fraction of your skill pool. That is why tanks in this game are loosing so much HP, compared to other games. Only armor mitigates Force and Tech attacks.

You can distinguish the attack types by opening your skill window and turn your attention to the column on the right side.
IRIS - Inter Rim Investigation Service
<<Imperiale RP-Gilde auf Vanjervalis Chain>>

Mennil
01.16.2013 , 02:20 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by RikuvonDrake View Post
Tanks should never, ever have any accuracy in their gear.
I disagree. When you miss an attack, especially a sundering strike, you generate 0 threat.

You should have 110% accuracy on Force/Tech to not miss on boss fights.

mxlm
01.16.2013 , 02:30 PM | #8
It may or may not be true that Guardian tanks can make good use of accuracy, but accuracy is the worst possible stat for Vanguard and Shadow tanks. High impact bolt misses once in a while, and that's about it. If for some reason you wanted to take dps stats instead of tanking stats you'd be much better off with crit, power, or surge.

Kitru
01.16.2013 , 02:41 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Mennil View Post
I disagree. When you miss an attack, especially a sundering strike, you generate 0 threat.
What you're not realizing is that Accuracy is actually a *worse* stat for threat generation than Power is. Yes, if you miss, you generate 0 threat but the chance of missing is so low that the itemization you devote to making sure you won't miss would actually be put to better use as Power since it makes sure that those attacks that *do* hit, which are already going to be a massive majority of them, generate more threat. Accuracy is a *wasted* stat for tanks: you generate more threat faster with Power, and you shouldn't even *need* it considering how easy threat is to generate and manage with Taunt spamming. You don't even need to hit with Strike or Sundering Strike in order to get the Focus, so *that* isn't even an issue.

Quote:
You should have 110% accuracy on Force/Tech to not miss on boss fights.
Force/Tech attacks default to a 100% hit chance and NPCs default to a 0% resistance chance: you're not going to miss with an F/T unless some other ability is in play that reduces your chance to hit and those aren't common enough or even outside of your control such that you should stack any accuracy at all to make up for it. This is why you should never see a Sage or Sorc with any accuracy: it's completely wasted. M/R special attacks (re: everything except for your basic attacks: Rapid Shots, Hammer Shot, Saber Strike, and Strike) need, at most, 6-8% accuracy to not miss because they default to 100% accuracy and ops bosses have 6-8% defense chance. 10% is redundant.
Walls of Text? I *love* Walls of Text!
My New Class Idea
Shadow Class Rep - Suggest/Review Questions Here
Quote: Originally Posted by Fende View Post
Listen to Kitru. Kitru knows all.

Mennil
01.16.2013 , 07:27 PM | #10
Kitru, do you have a website with data that supports your hypothesis? If so, I would be interested in reading it for myself. If not, then you are also citing your opinion, at which point we disagree - such is life.

From my readings of other websites (noxxic and mmo-champions), they disagree with your statement. Also, my infrequent review of my combat logs when I had sub 100% accuracy and over 100% accuracy skew to my opinion. I recognize we are discussing probabilities and trends, and need sufficiently large sample sets to draw any reasonable conclusion. But there are ways to test hypothesis, without resorting to only entrenched opinions.