Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Just played a WZ Game.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Just played a WZ Game.

fuskr
01.16.2013 , 02:16 AM | #31
Quote: Originally Posted by BlueyedJedi View Post
Not sure what was going on there for you. I'm a knight and in pvp I get my behind handed to me. It seems if anyone might be op its the Inquisitors. I cant get even close before I explode into a lightning fireball

Inmlevel 42 and Im sitting there going "Nooooo I cant believe a level 22 just owned me"
Lol, as an experienced sweeper, yes it requires skill to handle the OPness. Inquisitor's are our easiest target. Do us all a favor and ding 50 before coming to the forums

kijthae
01.16.2013 , 02:50 AM | #32
Smash spec ( rage ) lacks control , self healing. They are easy but the problem exists when there are many players doing 6k aoe with smash.

I think putting a short casting time on smash would make things easy and make it interruptable so players would be granted a chance to deny it.

Draekos
01.16.2013 , 02:54 AM | #33
Don't stand in a pack.
Currently playing Nhatt Sixpack on the Bastion.

aeterno
01.16.2013 , 03:03 AM | #34
Quote: Originally Posted by kijthae View Post
Smash spec ( rage ) lacks control , self healing. They are easy but the problem exists when there are many players doing 6k aoe with smash.

I think putting a short casting time on smash would make things easy and make it interruptable so players would be granted a chance to deny it.
Players already have a chance to deny it if they know what to look for. Making it interruptable is basically killing the spec as that'd make gunnery commandos look born for pvp. 20 sec build up to a smash that can and will be interrupted during the cast time, completely shutting the player down for the next 20 sec? Ridiculous lol.

Kalfear
01.16.2013 , 05:13 AM | #35
Quote:
Not sure what was going on there for you. I'm a knight and in pvp I get my behind handed to me. It seems if anyone might be op its the Inquisitors. I cant get even close before I explode into a lightning fireball

Inmlevel 42 and Im sitting there going "Nooooo I cant believe a level 22 just owned me"

Quote: Originally Posted by Anosa View Post
smash/sweep are extrmeely overpowered. im assuming you are new lol
LOL no kidding

Smash monkey is so OP its silly

Its not just a jedi thing OP,
The Imps have been running 6 mauraders/2 sorc groups for awhile

And yeah when 3-4-5-6 all smash for 5-7k each,
not usually anything alive to talk about it

But hey, just remember this is high level skill and tactics in play

or so they all try to tell us.
In regards to lessening F2P and Preferred restrictions
In GAMING, as in LIFE,
You get what you pay for
No game restriction is so dire that $15.00/month will not eliminate it

slafko
01.16.2013 , 05:24 AM | #36
Is there any plans to fix this?
Spread out. Use interrupts and knockback. Stun.

What surprised me most when I entered PvP for the first time was the total lack of spike attacks. Now we have them and the QQ starts. Healers need protection spells as well as quick casting single target heals to combat spikes.

aeterno
01.16.2013 , 05:30 AM | #37
Quote: Originally Posted by Kalfear View Post
LOL no kidding

Smash monkey is so OP its silly

Its not just a jedi thing OP,
The Imps have been running 6 mauraders/2 sorc groups for awhile

And yeah when 3-4-5-6 all smash for 5-7k each,
not usually anything alive to talk about it

But hey, just remember this is high level skill and tactics in play

or so they all try to tell us.
Omg nerf commandos, when 4-5-6 of them start hammering you with 2.5 grav rounds every 2 sec and autofire each you're toast!

But hey just remember, they get shut down easily

or so they all try to tell us

Llama-Eight
01.16.2013 , 05:49 AM | #38
Quote: Originally Posted by aeterno View Post
Omg nerf commandos, when 4-5-6 of them start hammering you with 2.5 grav rounds every 2 sec and autofire each you're toast!

But hey just remember, they get shut down easily

or so they all try to tell us
The day I see more than 1 Gunnery Commando in PvP, yes, you can nerf them (& yes, my main is a Gunnery Commando & I quite like playing it in PvP, more matches than not, I won't be interrupted/etc constantly, though that does happen sometimes).

AsheraII
01.16.2013 , 05:49 AM | #39
AOE healing doesnt hurt the game
Actually, it can, it's just less visible because people don't die from being healed. So instead of blaming an OP healer, they think knights/warriors being healed are OP, because those are doing the damage while seemingly hardly taking any.

There might be some problem with smash specs, I still have to encounter them consistently on my Gunslinger. Maybe the spec simply doesn't work pre-50. Maybe it only works well against opponents with very little expertise, since that's not an issue pre-50. Maybe it's because I have a tendency to hang back a little from my team and deal with enemies from a distance, where they don't notice me or simply ignore me because they're drawn to the group 20 meters ahead of me. Meanwhile, I'm unloading such a big amount of Shrap bombs and other dots on them that the healers simply panic and need to tend their own wounds before saving their dying friends. And that's just one Gunslinger hurting them badly and tearing apart their strategy. Imagine what 3 Gunslingers, spread out a bit and unloading half their arsenal with relatively short cooldowns would do to them?

Does this mean Gunslingers and Snipers are going to be the Flavor of the Month February now? That would be interresting, since you still need a team as a Gunslinger/Sniper to perform, to stop the enemy from noticing you.
. . . . . . ▀‼▀▀▀▀
__=##(▀▀[Φ]▀▀▀▀‼‼▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀‼▀▀!
|####/ ( /==|####/

Llama-Eight
01.16.2013 , 05:54 AM | #40
AOE healing doesnt hurt the game
Probably due to the lack of healers in PvP, it's rare to see more than 2 on a team & when there are more than 2, that team can be very difficult to kill effectively. Imagine if a team 4 healers (& some tanks), true, their DPS would suck, but they'd make it virtually impossible (or at least incredibly difficult) to kill/cap.