Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Just played a WZ Game.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Just played a WZ Game.

aeterno's Avatar


aeterno
01.16.2013 , 12:59 AM | #21
I just played a NC warzone where every time I got out of our spawn on the south bunker side 3 maras ganked us one by one (starting with me) in seconds, all of them using annihilation.

You're fooling yourself if you think rage was the problem. Sounds like those guys would tare you a new one no matter the spec cos if they're capable of the level of coordination to chain smashes they're sure as heck capable of focusing you in whatever they'll respec to after all the QQs gets rage nerfed. Then we're all gonna be crying about their other trees heh.

Przemo_No's Avatar


Przemo_No
01.16.2013 , 01:05 AM | #22
hehehe,
and how a bout being owned by a band of Sorcerer ( who stuns you forever) and Jugg or Mara (who finishes you within the stunlock time)?
That's really annoying!
Dark side is a pathway to many abilities, some consider to be unnatural.

Calitri's Avatar


Calitri
01.16.2013 , 01:11 AM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by Ailie View Post
Why would you play a commando in the heals role when a sage/scoundrel has far superior surviveability?
I've got all 3 for healers, Commando I've found for me at least. Is what suits my style of play best.

Kiaxn's Avatar


Kiaxn
01.16.2013 , 01:14 AM | #24
I'm going on the side of that they NEED to be nerfed. For all you new jugs saying you cant do anything ... wait till lvl 50 and spec into rage, then you will see what we are talking about.

Was in a huttball match with 7 rage warriors and 1 healing src ... to say we got obliterated would be an understatement ....

In full honesty ... a guardian/jug is my kryptonite as a sniper ... i seriously cant hit most of them for more than 2k and they turn around and slam me for 7k ... really?

FrogSkin's Avatar


FrogSkin
01.16.2013 , 01:46 AM | #25
LOL, its very nice of you to all run together in a group. Will certainly make it easy for them.

Knight/Warriors that are specced Focus/Rage have a easy template to play for generating big numbers, however can easily be countered and nullified.

You just need to co-ordinate with your teams mates. If your in a pug, and they are stupid enough to bunch up and get smashed, then theres not much you can do. Do defend a node.

JefferyClark's Avatar


JefferyClark
01.16.2013 , 01:56 AM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by annabethchase View Post
I am seeing knights/warriors with over 100k more damage than anyone else. If that is getting consistent then there's a problem.

However, what caused this change? It's been all the rage this week but what changed?
More than likely they are not Guardian/Juggs. They are Sents/Marauders. Sents and Marauders can put out that kind of damage, even not in the smash/sweep specs, because they have insane single-target dps abilities.

If you take away smash/sweep from Guardians/Juggs, they have nothing. These are the ones you see doing less than 150k per match.
Jeffinas (Guardian)
Exceptional Legion
Prophecy of the Five

aeterno's Avatar


aeterno
01.16.2013 , 01:57 AM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by Kiaxn View Post
I'm going on the side of that they NEED to be nerfed. For all you new jugs saying you cant do anything ... wait till lvl 50 and spec into rage, then you will see what we are talking about.

Was in a huttball match with 7 rage warriors and 1 healing src ... to say we got obliterated would be an understatement ....

In full honesty ... a guardian/jug is my kryptonite as a sniper ... i seriously cant hit most of them for more than 2k and they turn around and slam me for 7k ... really?
You do know the classes mobility which makes it superb in HB has nothing to do with rage spec? If anything it's suboptimal there cos the other dps tree gives control immunity after each leap. Couple 7 leapers with push and one pulling sorc and if it's not 6:0 withing 6 minutes then they're playing badly, presumably chasing kills. No nerf is gonna change that. Also the numbers you say you post showcase that gear is an issue for you.

JefferyClark's Avatar


JefferyClark
01.16.2013 , 02:01 AM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by Anosa View Post
i think people are just getting sick of it and there is a lot rolling that now. I know i am seeing more and getting very sick of it. When i see knights or warriors getting 150k higher than other dps classes consistently it shows there is indeed an issue.
Why? Because the opponents are stupid enough to bunch together so as to allow the Knight/Warrior get a crit on 4 people instead of just 1?

Quote: Originally Posted by Ailie View Post
It's no different to having 2 or 3 scrapper scoundrels going around stunlocking and snapping necks, or 2 or 3 sages spamming forcequake and FiB. Any powerful class that is stacked together will be extremely powerful.

The annoying thing is that there often isn't much incentive to play something else. Why would you play a commando in the heals role when a sage/scoundrel has far superior surviveability?
Amen.

Quote: Originally Posted by aeterno View Post
I just played a NC warzone where every time I got out of our spawn on the south bunker side 3 maras ganked us one by one (starting with me) in seconds, all of them using annihilation.

You're fooling yourself if you think rage was the problem. Sounds like those guys would tare you a new one no matter the spec cos if they're capable of the level of coordination to chain smashes they're sure as heck capable of focusing you in whatever they'll respec to after all the QQs gets rage nerfed. Then we're all gonna be crying about their other trees heh.
Yep, 2 Vig Guardians is a massive force to deal with unless you overpower them with numbers. Not everyone uses focus/rage right now anyway, specifically for the reason that the second we sweep they assume we're rage/focus and we're marked and our life is made hell for the rest of the WZ. Sometimes it's a nice diversion. Othertimes people see that we're in Shien and know that we are Vig spec.
Jeffinas (Guardian)
Exceptional Legion
Prophecy of the Five

JefferyClark's Avatar


JefferyClark
01.16.2013 , 02:03 AM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by Kiaxn View Post
I'm going on the side of that they NEED to be nerfed. For all you new jugs saying you cant do anything ... wait till lvl 50 and spec into rage, then you will see what we are talking about.

Was in a huttball match with 7 rage warriors and 1 healing src ... to say we got obliterated would be an understatement ....

In full honesty ... a guardian/jug is my kryptonite as a sniper ... i seriously cant hit most of them for more than 2k and they turn around and slam me for 7k ... really?
That setup only works in Huttball. In every other WZ, it gets killed.

As for your dps/damage taken, if that's what you're doing, then get out of pve gear.
Jeffinas (Guardian)
Exceptional Legion
Prophecy of the Five

JefferyClark's Avatar


JefferyClark
01.16.2013 , 02:05 AM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by FrogSkin View Post
LOL, its very nice of you to all run together in a group. Will certainly make it easy for them.

Knight/Warriors that are specced Focus/Rage have a easy template to play for generating big numbers, however can easily be countered and nullified.

You just need to co-ordinate with your teams mates. If your in a pug, and they are stupid enough to bunch up and get smashed, then theres not much you can do. Do defend a node.
Yep. Easy enough to counter if you're paying attention.

Then there's also the fact that every other class can melt Guards/Juggs like butter... Sents/Maras are harder to take down with their "Guarded by Bioware" power, but still, are easy enough to kill if you catch them at the right time.

As I said in the last thread about this (a whole 2 days ago), this is a L2P issue, not an issue of 1 class being over/underpowered. For every 1 person out there saying this is OP, there are 2 more saying the only reason people play these specs is because the other 2 suck in pvp. Which is true, as a Vig Guardian I have to work my rear-end off to break 150k damage and, for every 1 mistake we make in a fight, the other guy has to make 3 or 4 to make up for it. Period.
Jeffinas (Guardian)
Exceptional Legion
Prophecy of the Five