Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Either update imbalanced PVP or stop hacks

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Either update imbalanced PVP or stop hacks

Kegparty
01.27.2013 , 01:52 PM | #41
Quote: Originally Posted by anwg View Post
Except your character isn't invisible, the name plate is there, you can click on it to target him, you can tab target him, you can attack him, you see his cast bar, etc. If he plants the bomb on you just because you couldn't see his body you are pretty bad.

I've had that bug happen countless times for and against myself, no advantage was gained by either side what so ever.
wow just wow. Why fix it then right? Or maybe requesting that it gets fixed like the /stuck exploit is dumb because both sides have the ability right?? You can not be a competitive Esport or even pretend to have competitive players when the player base and devs ignore these kinds of things. All the competition and competitive payers left long ago waiting for preseason to end. Now its just the people that will love it regardless if our ships stop working and we are stuck in fleet with the cartel market.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fmsZqWZ1gsw

Kegparty
01.27.2013 , 02:04 PM | #42
Maybe that was a bit strong. I just wish they communicated to us they are looking at fixing or have fixed these types of bugs. The communication is non existent

ShaitanRO
02.01.2013 , 06:02 AM | #43
First of all I want to say I never saw/experienced live speed hack and never had issues interrupting an invisible mara/sentinel after using force camouflage, but imho something is terribly wrong with the way the game processes stats during pvp.
First of all, I am a merc healer on TOFN full WH with 3 Elite pieces. I usually burst out quite a lot of healing, being always first or second in my team, and I usually mitigate damage quite well (always keeping at least 2 kolto shell buffs on me).
But last night I ran 3 WZ with full premade guild team. First encounter we were against the republic and had another 3 man premade and a pug with us. The amount of damage everyone took was tremendous every one was dying in 3, max 4, hits. But I thought maybe they were just that good. After that we fought another wz against the empire and the 3 man premade was against us and that's when it started geting annoying. All people in the other team were 17-18K health, all people in our team were at least in full WH gear and it was our guys that were dying in 3-4 hits. Moreover one powertech from the other premade, who I failed to keep alive against a slinger and a sage, while he failed to deliver at least 30% damage to the sage, he just 3-shot me, blowing a 6K kill strike on me. More over full Elite WH assi dps on our team was unable to solo kill isolated healer sorc in recruit gear .
And before those two WZ we encountered a WH republic premade along with some random pugs WH+Recruit, and we literally obliterated them, I mean none in our team was getting more 25% damage when hit by two or three pubs, but then again when you're on the advantage side we kept thinking "man, how good we are".
So it is my strong belief that is something terribly wrong with the way stats are being processed during WZs, either by some wishful programing trying to balance teams or by some bad programing resulting in bugs.

itsmymillertime
02.01.2013 , 09:19 AM | #44
Maybe those players are min-maxed? Default gear has terrible optimization and min-maxing can give you a really big boost.

Daxy
02.01.2013 , 09:41 AM | #45
in voidstar is is entirely plausible to have no interference after the first door cap if the capping team only slows but doesnt kill the defenders; so, basically, 3 min datacores are not unheard of in the least