Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Either update imbalanced PVP or stop hacks

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Either update imbalanced PVP or stop hacks

Exothermix's Avatar


Exothermix
01.25.2013 , 09:53 AM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by SiXXXX View Post
Im a healer sorcerer
Quote: Originally Posted by SiXXXX View Post
I am not the best PVP'er by any stretch of the imagination
Quote: Originally Posted by SiXXXX View Post
never before have I been what appeared to be 2-hit in a 1v1 battle.
Quote: Originally Posted by SiXXXX View Post
In a one on one fight I almost always win
I am struggling to rationalise the above sentences
Ex'xo- Looking for PvP guild
Sith inquisitor - Tomb of Freedon Nadd

Rynis's Avatar


Rynis
01.25.2013 , 12:02 PM | #22
Combat trans sending the smash monkeys straight into your spawn as I (the shadow) cap the door within 15 seconds and proceed to run through the rest of the place untouched thanks to my guardian friends spam slows.

Done and seen this done a million times.
<Poos>

Nategray's Avatar


Nategray
01.25.2013 , 12:18 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by itsmymillertime View Post
ive seen the hack youtube videos but never seen it in game. Show me proof of in-game hacking like every match based on all the qq and I will eat my shorts man.
Seriously you have seen the videos yet still want to pretend they don't happen because you have not seen them...
Is the video not proof...you can also go to plenty of sites that sell hacking tools and also implement them yourself with instructions from other sites.
Tell you what just remain willfully ignorant even after seeing proof then demanding more proof you are proof of my original statement.
The True Mind can weather all the lies and illusions without being lost.
The True Heart can tough the poison of hatred without being harmed.
Since beginning less time, Darkness thrives in the void
but always yields to purifying Light.

Jadescythe's Avatar


Jadescythe
01.25.2013 , 12:21 PM | #24
My only question out of this thread: Why are you asking for one or the other in the title? Shouldn't we want them to balance PvP AND stop hacks?
I have opinions and stuff

Nategray's Avatar


Nategray
01.25.2013 , 12:26 PM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by Jadescythe View Post
My only question out of this thread: Why are you asking for one or the other in the title? Shouldn't we want them to balance PvP AND stop hacks?

Agreed
The True Mind can weather all the lies and illusions without being lost.
The True Heart can tough the poison of hatred without being harmed.
Since beginning less time, Darkness thrives in the void
but always yields to purifying Light.

fungihoujo's Avatar


fungihoujo
01.27.2013 , 04:23 AM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by Jadescythe View Post
My only question out of this thread: Why are you asking for one or the other in the title? Shouldn't we want them to balance PvP AND stop hacks?
NO!

It's balance, or it's hacks- let's not go overboard and ask for everything.

A game without imbalance and hacking would be broken.

MusicRider's Avatar


MusicRider
01.27.2013 , 06:17 AM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by SiXXXX View Post
or I stop playing PVP for good.
Your server will be grateful.

lxynl's Avatar


lxynl
01.27.2013 , 06:48 AM | #28
Op your a 55 valor healer sorc and you say in 1v1 you almost always win, has to be a troll.

Surrena's Avatar


Surrena
01.27.2013 , 07:24 AM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by SiXXXX View Post
If you actually read my post, you'd see that I said its probably speed hacks.
speed hacking is decetable by bioware - trust me i know

however teleporting isnt but I believe that they recently changed how they code location packets because its no longer same

TalonKorr's Avatar


TalonKorr
01.27.2013 , 08:33 AM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by sotaerp View Post
Just a quote out of chat notes to the comments called "no hacks" or "dont cry, you got steamrolled"

"Voidstar

Players can no longer leave the spawn area prior to the match starting."

Patch notes from 23 of January
Not to state the blatantly obvious, but people are taking minute discrepancies and blowing them completely out of proportion. Just to indulge these claims of hacking, I went and YouTube'd the infamous Gingers clip. Yeah, he's hacking, we've established that. But the next most suggested videos of hackers were completely outdated. The big realization came when I saw that old, glorious resolve system that would white bar someone linearly, oh how we miss ye. Really all it takes is a little bit of common sense to check when the video is posted.

However, in regards to this claim. This is a fix for a bug I reported about a month ago. I don't use third party software and while I get accused of hacking once a week, I've never been suspended. I PvP constantly and still don't see this pandemic people are talking about. Regardless, the patch notes mentioned above is a fix to what could generously be called an exploit. You guys see the system working for you (i.e. player reports bug/exploit and it gets fixed) and you take it as rampant evidence that hacking is everywhere.

The best way I can think to sum all of this up, is we (the veterans) are seeing the influx of new players who aren't familiar with either A) core gameplay mechanics or B) aren't familiar with latency issues in the game, and they're crying foul.

Fun things to remember.

1) Sentinels/Marauders have Transcendence/Predation, this is a %50 increase in movement speed, team buff they're able to apply (assuming they're regularly in combat), almost endlessly if they choose to support their team. In addition, Combat/Carnage spec produces (imo) the highest single target sustained damage in the game, and this spec provides an addition %30 movement speed to teammates. Sentinels/Marauders also have a 1.5 minute cooldown, 99% damage immunity ability. So if they're standing in the firepit in huttball not dying, it's due to this.

2) Guardians/Juggernauts have a talent in the Vigilance/Vengeance tree called Unremitting/Unstoppable. Due to the popularity of Focus/Rage spec, likely the only time you'll see this talent is from a PvP tank. When they leap to a target, they are granted full on immunity to ALL forms of CC for four seconds, as well as %20 damage reduction. In addition, Guardians/Juggernauts have the most team utility as far as tanks in PvP are concerned, and are able to AoE spam a %50 slow around them at all times.

Quote: Originally Posted by ArchangelSolo View Post
FYI though, I see speed hack SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO much and it is not force speed or transcendence either. How does one imp toon get the hutball and jump all the way to the goal line???? How does a Jugg hit me a full War Hero geared Vanguard with 24K HP, for 27K damage with one hit? Hacks, plain and simple.
  • From experience, it is quite easy to score in Huttball in the first 25 minutes of the match with these two things in your favor. Combat Sentinel Transcendence to the ball, a quick Rescue from a sage up to the first rafters before a fire, sage runs through the fire pit, Guardian Leap (friendly target leap) to the sage, force leap to enemy between fire pits, force push enemy into the endzone, force push resets force leap, force leap into endzone and score. Unremitting would be up for the last 6 or 7 seconds of this and the Guardian would be completely unstoppable.
  • As far as your full War Hero (min/maxed?) Vanguard with 24k HP. I'd love to see proof of this allegation. If he hit you for 27k in one hit, then at the end of the match you could mouse over his name and see "biggest hit", and there for the world to see you could prove this. Or you could have screenshotted the fly text. Or anything. All you have is a BS allegation with no proof, and your credibility was shot when you bragged about have a full WH geared vanguard with 24k life.
  • In addition. It is easy to complete a Voidstar in three minutes. If the attackers are coordinated and have trapped you behind a Guardian spamming their %50 slow, then have sprinters like Shadows/Sages running ahead to plant, an entire Voidstar first round can be completed in three minutes, especially if a Combat/Carnage Sentinel/Marauder is assisting with Transcendence/Predation.
  • There is a deadzone in Ancient Hypergate near mid. If you step on it, or are knocked into it, it will automatically kill you.
  • /stuck is a command that is meant to be used in character problem situations, however it has been "exploited" (key word there) as of late because it outright kills the player so long as they're in combat. There is a two minute internal CD for this command. Assuming you have player death's being reported to chat log, you'll see somebody die by "Kill Target (0 Damage)". Emphasis again, this is not a hack, but an exploit. Used tactically a player or team can use this to their advantage. Regardless of semantics on what to call it, it's flat out cheating, which I don't condone and don't participate in.

Conclusion:

I'm not sure why, but I keep checking these forums, hoping for some proof, yet the most people are able to provide is "I saw", and "my Guildy saw". These are not evidence by any means and 99% of the claims I've seen are easily dismissed out of hand. I complete my daily and weekly the same day I pick them up, no issues, on two characters. I stream much regularly due to trading up from xSplit to OBS and I feel it isn't an exaggeration to say I have a 95% win ratio. I and my guildmates accomplish these things through teamwork and knowing what to expect from one another. We try not to queue up in fail compositions so that we'd be fighting ourselves as much as the team. In addition, no team is immune to defeat. If you're fighting your pugs as much as the other team, then an 8v8 turns into a 12v4.

TL;DR
Spoiler
Flak - Feesh / <Lethal Dose Fifty> / <LD-Fifty> - Jedi Covenant - Juggernaut/Merc
Retired: Cates/Grisha/Scuf/Michaleen