Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Either update imbalanced PVP or stop hacks

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Either update imbalanced PVP or stop hacks

SiXXXX
01.15.2013 , 03:23 PM | #1
Alright well I played 50 Voidstar today with a guildy. Im a healer sorcerer on Bergeren Colony.

I am not the best PVP'er by any stretch of the imagination, I am learning and still only at like 55 valor.

Anyways, first of all. Match starts, and as soon as we get outta the gate somehow sentinels are already attacking us. Since when could they leap across the map or get there that quickly?

Then, I try and heal. I know healers get targeted but never before have I been what appeared to be 2-hit in a 1v1 battle. In a one on one fight I almost always win, and now I am dead before I can even drop a heal on myself? IMPOSSIBLE

So in less then 3 mins the pubs have captured the datacore. I don't care HOW talented your premade group is, there is no way you can just walk through on offense without any resistance. Not to mention they planted bombs across the bridge, less then 10 seconds after the bridge came down. Again, impossible.

My guildy said he had played a few matches today before I came online, and stuff like these same pubs getting the hutball and running past his teams acid pool while his team had just got to their acid pool. So basically, not only are pubs stronger and imbalanced in PVP, but now they are faster too? What a load of BS.

Either deal with the hackers, or I stop playing PVP for good. Or properly balance... I know pubs are better at teamwork and the average imp plays selfishly but cmon. Im pretty sure its a hack but I don't know. At any rate its a total turn off.
Bergeren Colony Liiara Överkill Cassüs

The Harbinger Nyhilüss Jay-Fett Thräsher

Huggsnotdruggs
01.15.2013 , 03:26 PM | #2
You sir are either a terrible troll or a very very ignorant player. Either of which is frustrating so i'm just going to see what kind of replies you get from the community regarding one faction being better than the other by design.

Quote: Originally Posted by X-Funk View Post
Things change, deal with it.
Quote: Originally Posted by JP_Legatus View Post
Yeah bro, cuz objectives are for suckers. Wizards vs barbarians is where it's at
Quote: Originally Posted by iiell View Post
I suggest they make a new forum called, "The QQ Forum"

JustinxDuff
01.15.2013 , 03:30 PM | #3
If it is a good premade(s) then capping the core in 3min is definitely possible. Sounds like your team just got rolled.
Bluntasaurus - Gunslinger - Ewoks Anonyous
Bluntskii - Sentinel - Ewoks Anonymous
Prophecy of the Five
Push the envelope, watch it bend

SiXXXX
01.15.2013 , 03:35 PM | #4
If you actually read my post, you'd see that I said its probably speed hacks.
Bergeren Colony Liiara Överkill Cassüs

The Harbinger Nyhilüss Jay-Fett Thräsher

itsmymillertime
01.15.2013 , 03:35 PM | #5
video proof of sentinels popping their cooldowns at the right time to win the match.

know the class before you complain.

JustinxDuff
01.15.2013 , 03:39 PM | #6
Sentinel speed + stealthers are what happened to OP.
Bluntasaurus - Gunslinger - Ewoks Anonyous
Bluntskii - Sentinel - Ewoks Anonymous
Prophecy of the Five
Push the envelope, watch it bend

jibboo
01.15.2013 , 03:40 PM | #7
Just another player that's ignorant to the abilities of other classes and decides to claim hacks before fully understanding them.
Zimbra - Assassin

stuffystuffs
01.15.2013 , 03:42 PM | #8
I think that hack is called "Transcendence".

Google it.
Node guarder

PoliteAssasin
01.15.2013 , 03:51 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by stuffystuffs View Post
I think that hack is called "Transcendence".

Google it.
There's an improved version of that hack too, comes with the combat/carnage 9.0 SE.
D E M A V E N D O B E R Y N

Desiirea
01.15.2013 , 06:02 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by SiXXXX View Post
Alright well I played 50 Voidstar today with a guildy. Im a healer sorcerer on Bergeren Colony.

I am not the best PVP'er by any stretch of the imagination, I am learning and still only at like 55 valor.

Anyways, first of all. Match starts, and as soon as we get outta the gate somehow sentinels are already attacking us. Since when could they leap across the map or get there that quickly?

Then, I try and heal. I know healers get targeted but never before have I been what appeared to be 2-hit in a 1v1 battle. In a one on one fight I almost always win, and now I am dead before I can even drop a heal on myself? IMPOSSIBLE

So in less then 3 mins the pubs have captured the datacore. I don't care HOW talented your premade group is, there is no way you can just walk through on offense without any resistance. Not to mention they planted bombs across the bridge, less then 10 seconds after the bridge came down. Again, impossible.

My guildy said he had played a few matches today before I came online, and stuff like these same pubs getting the hutball and running past his teams acid pool while his team had just got to their acid pool. So basically, not only are pubs stronger and imbalanced in PVP, but now they are faster too? What a load of BS.

Either deal with the hackers, or I stop playing PVP for good. Or properly balance... I know pubs are better at teamwork and the average imp plays selfishly but cmon. Im pretty sure its a hack but I don't know. At any rate its a total turn off.
It's not hacking (honestly I haven't seen any recently on BC) but there are teams that will completely wipe me out in 3 seconds (by my own guildmates on the opposing team... in fact just 2 nights ago) and had just what you basically describe happen and I'm probably one of the most (if not THE most) well geared sage/sorc on the server currently. Team make up happens. If you have a weak team and they have a really stacked one it hurts. I'm not saying it's fun. It is not fun. But it is part of the game.

If you are running a full heal spec and in mostly recruit gear you will get smushed very fast if you are not running with a good tank. A full healer well geared without a tank is painful. A hybrid Heal/Bubble spec might buy you a second or two until you get more gear, but if you have a bunch of folks jumping on you at once.. well everyone dies fast when that happens.

P.S. A lot of times it seems like there is a 1v1 and you didn't see that range hiding behind a pillar that was getting you too.
Desiirea, The Cookiegoddess Legacy - Seer Sage
You don't know the power of the Desi side
Server 1st Elite Warlord - Server 1st 16-man Infernal
Cookies4Ever