Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Game Update 1.7: Return of the Gree is coming soon!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Game Update 1.7: Return of the Gree is coming soon!
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Mevan
01.16.2013 , 07:03 AM | #121
Quote: Originally Posted by ripnami View Post
Your tears are delicious.
Yes, as a PvPer, I imagine pissing other people off is something you get off on. Hence why you want PvE to be mixed with PvP

ripnami
01.16.2013 , 07:07 AM | #122
I'm not a PvPer, I never said I was. I just said I wasn't scared to do all of the content in a game, rather than just pick and choose the bits and pieces that don't tax me too much.

Also, your tears are in fact not very delicious, have you been getting enough iron?

darthgroond
01.16.2013 , 07:10 AM | #123
Glad that the PvPers are getting a little something something, but if I'm forced to PvP to get PvE rewards, I'll simply not bother and wait for stuff to become available on the GTN. I've got no problem with them adding more PvP stuff, smeg knows they've needed to, but I rolled on a PvE server for a reason.
Still, there's many many people that will be very happy with the addition of more PvP things to do, and more happy gamers is never a bad thing.
Rest in peace little pixel. Your memory will live on.
-- The Pixel Legacy (The Red Eclipse EU) --

''A Sith craves adventure and excitement.'' - Firrez Pixel

Mevan
01.16.2013 , 07:17 AM | #124
I'm not a PvPer, I never said I was. I just said I wasn't scared to do all of the content in a game, rather than just pick and choose the bits and pieces that don't tax me too much.

Also, your tears are in fact not very delicious, have you been getting enough iron?
I'm not scared to PvP. I PvP occasionally, and I have no problem with it. What I do have a problem with is new content being added for PvE that requires PvP to obtain. As I've said, PVE servers are PvE for a reason. Trying to do PvE content and having 10+ of the other faction ambush me is not fun at all, except for the cowards who can't fight alone.

Bioware made servers to contain those people for a reason...

JohraTon
01.16.2013 , 07:23 AM | #125
Quote: Originally Posted by darthgroond View Post
but if I'm forced to PvP to get PvE rewards
People are not forced to "PvP to get PvE rewards", they are offered the chance to play the game to get game rewards. If this event isn't for their tastes then they simply leave it be and hope the next one is.

I'm sure the tokens will be traded just like in all the other events, so if people are so dead set against entering a PvP zone but must have the items from it, just run dailies and buy the tokens for the stuff you want.

P.S. that's not aimed at Darthgroond, just his quoted phrase seems to be something which is a common view among the people complaining here.
Jedi Covenant
Rhigus - Juggernaut
<Deceptýcons>

ripnami
01.16.2013 , 07:26 AM | #126
Wahhhhhhhh. I might have to play more than just the content I want to play. Wahhhhhhhhh. They're going to make me do something I personally find unpleasant so that I can do 100% of the pve content. Wahhhhhhh. I can't just do 99% of the pve content and be happy. Wahhhhhhhh. Only my opinion matters, and everyone else is just out to make me feel bad. Wahhhhhhh. Someone thinks that my disregard for their enjoyment of the game is wrong. Wahhhhhhhh. I don't like the vision of the team that created the game so I'm going to cry about it on the forum so that others like me that didn't design the game can agree with me that our opinion is the only one that matters. Wahhhhhh.

Mevan
01.16.2013 , 07:40 AM | #127
Wahhhhhhhh. I might have to play more than just the content I want to play. Wahhhhhhhhh. They're going to make me do something I personally find unpleasant so that I can do 100% of the pve content. Wahhhhhhh. I can't just do 99% of the pve content and be happy. Wahhhhhhhh. Only my opinion matters, and everyone else is just out to make me feel bad. Wahhhhhhh. Someone thinks that my disregard for their enjoyment of the game is wrong. Wahhhhhhhh. I don't like the vision of the team that created the game so I'm going to cry about it on the forum so that others like me that didn't design the game can agree with me that our opinion is the only one that matters. Wahhhhhh.
Oh dear. You do have issues don't you...

ripnami
01.16.2013 , 07:43 AM | #128
Wahhhh someone has a different opinion than I do, they are probably not taking their medication. Wahhhhh

darklordpotter
01.16.2013 , 07:49 AM | #129

Don't find it interesting = scared.

Obviously thanks for that insight into your thought process there. If they introduce PvP that isn't as much of a gear grind as their PvE endgame and actually has meaningful consequences rather than respawning at a medical centre then maybe I'd find it more interesting.

As it is I'll just skip any content that requires PvP which reduces the number of people willing to do thus giving EA more excuse to focus on the CM. A great victory all round really isn't it?

darthgroond
01.16.2013 , 07:51 AM | #130
Quote: Originally Posted by JohraTon View Post
People are not forced to "PvP to get PvE rewards", they are offered the chance to play the game to get game rewards. If this event isn't for their tastes then they simply leave it be and hope the next one is.

I'm sure the tokens will be traded just like in all the other events, so if people are so dead set against entering a PvP zone but must have the items from it, just run dailies and buy the tokens for the stuff you want.

P.S. that's not aimed at Darthgroond, just his quoted phrase seems to be something which is a common view among the people complaining here.
I'm more than happy to pass on the extra stuff if it does not suit my playstyle. I'm willing to accept that there's more than just 'my way' of playing the game, which is strictly PvE. There's plenty of stuff (in my opinion) for us PvE players to be getting on with, especially compared to those who enjoy their player versus player experiences. It's good that they're adding more stuff for them. Long overdue really and I think people need to understand that. They're getting the short straw when it comes to this game, with minimal Warzones, limited PvP game types and a lack of PvP-centric updates, and that's not taking into account how long it's taking them to find a mildly acceptable balance between the classes. Personally, I think this update will be good for the game, as long as they follow it up with some class balancing, otherwise I can see it creating a whole load more (understandable) whine.
Rest in peace little pixel. Your memory will live on.
-- The Pixel Legacy (The Red Eclipse EU) --

''A Sith craves adventure and excitement.'' - Firrez Pixel