Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Game Update 1.7: Return of the Gree is coming soon!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Game Update 1.7: Return of the Gree is coming soon!
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

ripnami
01.16.2013 , 05:57 AM | #111
Every time I play a game that has "pve servers" and "pvp servers" I end up rolling my eyes at the same ignorance.

On a "pvp server" pvp is the focus, but pve is still part of the game, and there for anyone that wants it.

On a "pve server" pve is the focus, but pvp is still part of the game, and there for anyone that wants it.

A "pve server" is not an environment sans pvp.

A "pvp server" is not an environment sans pve.

They are both part of the game. The content is there for everyone to enjoy.

If you hate to pvp, then skip it. If you absolutely must do every scrap of pve content, but have to pvp to get there, you have a problem, not me. Think about the fact that you want to punish people that want to enjoy the entire game, because you have some sort of prejudice.

And just to clarify, I think people that only want to do the pvp content are missing out, but I also believe the exact same thing of people that only want to pve. You are both missing out on half the game.

Imagine calling Nintendo back in the '80s and being all like "hello, Nintendo? Yes I'm calling about your game Mario World. Yes it's great! I really like the missions where I run and jump. No actually I'm calling about a complaint. I really hate swimming. Yes, I'd like to see a different version of Mario released for people like me that are afraid of water. What do you mean, that's not how the game was intended to be!? I'm the customer, I pay money for your games. Do you not want my money?"

Rofl. Just ... yea wow. Ha.

randiesel
01.16.2013 , 06:25 AM | #112
Quote: Originally Posted by darklordpotter View Post
You always have the option even on a PvE server - that's what the flag is for and that's fine. Just don't force people who want to see the PvE content to get flagged for PvP because that excludes large amounts of the playerbase for what...to give the gankers an easy time of it?
This is correct.

I'm a pvper, personally, but everyone who has opposing opinions to the one above need to shut it. Not everyone thinks the same way you do, as in "hey it is fun to mix it up" or whatever. It is fun, but again not everyone thinks the same way you do and maybe there are ppl who just aren't good at pvp, so forcing them to go into a contested area might not be the same kind of fun that you are going to experience.

Everyone has varying opinions, but hey this is the Internet so who cares about actually respecting other people's opinions right?

Aries_cz
01.16.2013 , 06:33 AM | #113
Quote: Originally Posted by LadyDrusilla View Post
You are no more forced to do this than you are to play Warzones. No one is holding a gun to your head to make you do it.
http://img543.imageshack.us/img543/8949/pvpforced.jpg
Sorry, could not resist to make this after reading that

Also, everybody, quit your whining, as we do not know anything about what will be there
Member of Beast Riders, Tomb of Freedon Nadd (EU-PvP)
Without the darkness, how would we recognize the light?
Aries, admin of Czech/Slovak fansite SW-TOR.cz
Check out my story videos

Mevan
01.16.2013 , 06:39 AM | #114
Quote: Originally Posted by ripnami View Post

If you hate to pvp, then skip it. If you absolutely must do every scrap of pve content, but have to pvp to get there, you have a problem, not me.
So when we join a PvE server we should expect to be forced into doing something we don't want to do, and that we chose a PvE server specifically to avoid doing? Quit talking out your arsehole...

ripnami
01.16.2013 , 06:40 AM | #115
Quote: Originally Posted by Mevan View Post
So when we join a PvE server we should expect to be forced into doing something we don't want to do, and that we chose a PvE server specifically to avoid doing? Quit talking out your arsehole...
So avoid doing it, nobody is forcing you. Your arsehole is the one with prejudices. Not mine. Have a nice day cupcake.

Mevan
01.16.2013 , 06:50 AM | #116
So avoid doing it, nobody is forcing you. Your arsehole is the one with prejudices. Not mine. Have a nice day cupcake.
Why should I avoid PvE content on a PVE SERVER because PvPers want to harrass players who they know can't fight back? And yes, we are being forced. To do PvE content (the entire point of the game) we are being told we have to PvP or not do it. That is being forced. If you can't see the problem then I'm wasting my time trying to explain. Describing colour to the blind and all that...

ripnami
01.16.2013 , 06:52 AM | #117
Quote: Originally Posted by Mevan View Post
Why should I avoid PvE content on a PVE SERVER because PvPers want to harrass players who they know can't fight back? And yes, we are being forced. To do PvE content (the entire point of the game) we are being told we have to PvP or not do it. That is being forced. If you can't see the problem then I'm wasting my time trying to explain. Describing colour to the blind and all that...
Because you've fallen into the naming convention trap, like so many before you. Instead of "PvE Server" it should really say "Standard Content" or something similar, and instead of "PvP Server" it should say something like "PvP Focused Server".

Nobody is forcing you to do anything, but you know what? It's probably easier for you to just quit a fourth time. Cry.

DarkSaberMaster
01.16.2013 , 06:55 AM | #118
I just want to know what buffs/nerfs will be included in the patch.
Daegeo: (Balance Shadow) D'aege: (Engineering Sniper)
The Harbinger "Rangers Lead the Way"
The Jawa's Order
Referral link for free stuff

Mevan
01.16.2013 , 06:56 AM | #119
Because you've fallen into the naming convention trap, like so many before you. Instead of "PvE Server" it should really say "Standard Content" or something similar, and instead of "PvP Server" it should say something like "PvP Focused Server".

Nobody is forcing you to do anything, but you know what? It's probably easier for you to just quit a fourth time. Cry.
"naming convention trap" = "**** I made up to back up my invalid argument"
So Bioware has fallen for this same trap? Because, well, they named the servers, and those servers and definitely divided into "PvE" and "PvP". Please stop making stuff up. And I've never quit, so I don't know what you're talking about.

ripnami
01.16.2013 , 07:02 AM | #120
Your tears are delicious.