Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The smash situation

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
The smash situation

Esiqual
01.15.2013 , 10:30 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Atramar View Post
chocke in tank tank/dps hybrid is not channeled.
I know i was referring to the Jug specs that are in popular usage being rage and the tank hybrid which both dont take the talent that allows choke to be a non channeled hard stun.

Merras
01.15.2013 , 12:24 PM | #12
The only real lack of CC on Knights / Warriors is the 1 minute long CC like Sage's Force Lift. Which is not a real problem in PvP.

madtycoon
01.15.2013 , 12:58 PM | #13
smash isn't that bad

just don't group up and keep them taunted

all classes have heavy hitting abilities

it does suck that there isn't a delay on it anymore though

Grethore
01.15.2013 , 01:07 PM | #14
Part of the problem is, both the rage and the mirror focus talent trees are almost entirely build around smash/sweep. The talent tree itself makes the spec a one trick pony.

Unfortunately, since it's the shared tree between the advanced classes, Maras and sents are getting in on the act now too. The other problem is, they can leap to you 2 times. So even if you get them off you to avoid one smash, they can immediately leap right back on your and smash you anyways.

It should have been a warning sigh screaming bloody murder when you started seeing pvp groups with 7 juggs and 1 healer running around....winning a lot. The way I see it, focus/rage specs have a between 220% and a 240% increased damage of sweep/smash, with a 100.02% chance to crit on that 220-240% damage. So, with baseline stats, a crit would be about a 330% increase in damage over a baseline sweep/smash. And that's MINIMUM! This is based on talents that increase the damage 20%, and another that increases it 25% that stacks up to 4 times.

Wouldn't you like to have an ability on a non jugg/guard/mara/sent that had a 100% chance to crit and do 330% damage? BW nerfed just about every other talent tree for every class since launch in one way or another, in many cases for being far less ridiculous than this is. And yet, this hasn't been addresses yet?

Now, if you removed the singularity/shockwave talent completely, it wouldn't be bad at all. But what would you replace it with is the question. I'd personally recommend something that would make those trees worthwhile still, but not ridiculous like it is now.

The thing that peeves me off is BW says that a sage/sorc bubble stun is OP and it's going to get nerfed...Well, I personally see it as not bad at all. It builds resolve for one, and it breaks on damage. It's really an escape mechanism. And frankly, not many people run bubble stun spec at all anymore. It's all madness/balance. Yes, my mains are a sage and a sorc. Both are the madness/balance specs for PvP. Honestly, I think BW is behind the times a bit. Eight or nine months ago when everyone was tele/light, ya the bubble stun WAS a problem. But I've seen maybe, MAYBE 3 people run those trees in the last 2 weeks and I PvP constantly.

For my guardian, I actually prefer vigilance over focus. The aoe damage isn't as great, but that leap CC immunity is great against panicking players hitting all their CC abilities like crazy. I just think vigilance/vengeance trees have better survivability than the smash monkeys, barring they don't kill you outright with their lolsmash spam.

Meh, I make sure to /lol at smash monkeys now. Most of my characters are geared enough to eat a lolsmash and be able to overcome that burst for a win. It's when you have 3-4 of them flying at you doing it that makes it not worth pvping at all.

jizerai
01.15.2013 , 01:14 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by Grethore View Post

The thing that peeves me off is BW says that a sage/sorc bubble stun is OP and it's going to get nerfed...Well, I personally see it as not bad at all. [COLOR="Red"]It builds resolve for one, and it breaks on damage.[/volor] It's really an escape mechanism. And frankly, not many people run bubble stun spec at all anymore. It's all madness/balance. Yes, my mains are a sage and a sorc. Both are the madness/balance specs for PvP. Honestly, I think BW is behind the times a bit. Eight or nine months ago when everyone was tele/light, ya the bubble stun WAS a problem. But I've seen maybe, MAYBE 3 people run those trees in the last 2 weeks and I PvP constantly.

Off-topic, I know. But no, you're wrong. It builds way less Resolve then it should for any other equal duration stun and it does not break on damage. If you have both a Sage and a Sorcerer, I find it a bit weird that you did not know this.
Quote: Originally Posted by battlebug View Post
can you make sword in box light sword so sword come out when opened? then if sword is back after sword, use light saber on box, and saber will be boxed after sword is out.

gabusan
01.15.2013 , 03:14 PM | #16
Some classes have damage reduction against area effects. You have to spec for it and give up other things to have it, but it is there for them. Couldnt we get that kind of protection in all other classes that have to eat the smashes unmitigated?

Mekkmester
01.15.2013 , 03:54 PM | #17
please cry more all u smash hater, i have yet to see any of you tell the truth
almost half of the fight goes like this, hit rage, jump oh watch out here it comes im gona kill everyobdy with one shot....oh wait i just got knocked back and in 5 sec root, root downt i just got stunned, trying to close in got rooted again, my resolve goes from full to none, here comes other stun...I'm Dead
wow i just did so much damage, i almost killed the entire team only if i could do more then 0 damage
rage jugg goes down faster then a clothy, so what are you peep keep complaining about, every class has a spec that can pwn rage jug in one on one, never hear good players complain , they adjust to the situation not like you no skill crybabys

Washingtoon
01.15.2013 , 04:10 PM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by madtycoon View Post
all classes have heavy hitting abilities(
Classes...but not AC'es. Sorcs do not have a heavy hitting ability in a WH enviroment. Death Field doesnt even hit that hard on people in recruit gear.

Anosa
01.16.2013 , 04:31 PM | #19
its worse when there is 2 or 3 of them doin this to groups. it wipes the group instantly.
Meow