Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The smash situation

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
The smash situation

gabusan
01.15.2013 , 06:59 AM | #1
Is it me, or it is getting ridiculous? A guy jumps at you and crits you for 5k damage. And not only to you, but to everyone around you. It is bad enough when one guy is jumping around and causing havok like this, but when it is a group of two or three doing the same, they steamroll everything on their path.

Maybe I am being an alarmist but dont you think it is about time to balance things a bit? Like, maybe reducing the damage a bit for each target affected beyond the first? Put a "shield" on people affected by smash so next one in 6s will deal less damage? Put a cap on maximum damage smash can do? I dont know, I dont design games. Just do something. Because if operatives coming out of stealth and killing people with no chance to fight back was worrying, this smash-fest we have lately feels just as abusive.

Isislol
01.15.2013 , 08:12 AM | #2
Something has to be done but I doubt BW will address this before xpac. I've been in games where I died in 2-3 sec with all CDs up because few smashers leaped and smashed at the same time wiping my team before healers could do anything.

Atramar
01.15.2013 , 08:20 AM | #3
best part about smash fotm is, when Juggs full Vengeance or Immorta/Vengeance hybrid jumps and starts ravage, you see enemies wasting all of their cc first 3 sec while immunity is up... lolz.

some of them later post 'omg, smash hack immunity 31/31/31 legend hybrid' and accuse of hacks...
Tracer Legacy, The Red Eclipse.
Not reading colored text, it hurts my eyes. Sorry (unless it's a dev post)
L55:Sniper,Operative,Juggernaut,Assassin,Marauder, Powertech,Guardian,Commando,Scoundrel
to finish:Shadow(41),Sage(53),Merc(39). 29.07.2013

Merras
01.15.2013 , 08:59 AM | #4
Yesterday I had a voidstar wz as a republic character. Mixed republic characters, ok. Enemy: 6 sith lolsmashers and 2 snipers.

First round was a little bit slow but we could capture the final node in the last minute.

Second round: the six lolsmasher jumped to our defenses, instakilled everyone, opened the door. Same at the second door and the final door. They captured the final node in 2 minutes. Everybody who survived the first smash was executed by the snipers.

Kovaos
01.15.2013 , 09:15 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by gabusan View Post
Is it me, or it is getting ridiculous? A guy jumps at you and crits you for 5k damage. And not only to you, but to everyone around you. It is bad enough when one guy is jumping around and causing havok like this, but when it is a group of two or three doing the same, they steamroll everything on their path.

Maybe I am being an alarmist but dont you think it is about time to balance things a bit? Like, maybe reducing the damage a bit for each target affected beyond the first? Put a "shield" on people affected by smash so next one in 6s will deal less damage? Put a cap on maximum damage smash can do? I dont know, I dont design games. Just do something. Because if operatives coming out of stealth and killing people with no chance to fight back was worrying, this smash-fest we have lately feels just as abusive.
How dare you. Smash is fine. This has been reconfirmed from sents/maras across the board.
"my friend said he got a pack of level 50 armor and all i got was level 47 pants."

jibboo
01.15.2013 , 09:28 AM | #6
It's probably just you because I think this the first thread ever about it.
Zimbra - Assassin

NogueiraA
01.15.2013 , 09:30 AM | #7
What about a topic "The bubble situation" ?

To kill a sorc/sage with the stun bubble we need a huge burst because warriors and knights has a lack of crowd control, we do not have a 4sec stun. Force choke it's not a stun, it's chaneled.
Smash always been 5k+ since expertise boost, but now you can just reduce the cooldowns to 9~10sec, instead of 12sec. And the Rage/Focus management it's better now.

With my assassin I can do EASILY 10k damage in 2GCD, I come behind you and maul 2x.
Powertech, flameburst and 5k railshot.
Operative and Scoundrel with the backstab, it's a single hit like smash..

The problem is that smash it's an AOE and do the "same" damage in all the targets. A nerf to AOE and do 50% less damage in targets 5+ meters from you will be more balanced.

TonyDragonflame
01.15.2013 , 10:08 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by NogueiraA View Post
With my assassin I can do EASILY 10k damage in 2GCD, I come behind you and maul 2x.
Powertech, flameburst and 5k railshot.
Operative and Scoundrel with the backstab, it's a single hit like smash..

The problem is that smash it's an AOE and do the "same" damage in all the targets. A nerf to AOE and do 50% less damage in targets 5+ meters from you will be more balanced.
Assassin say about "balance"... lololol
May the Force be with you!
Vigilance vr 100 | Scrapper vr 91 | Focus vr 91 | Assault vr 88 | Infiltration v 82 | Sharpshooter v 73
Manhunter 110+k killed imps | TRE | ToFN

Esiqual
01.15.2013 , 10:17 AM | #9
Marauders and Jugs saying they lack cc is absolute bull. The only cc you lack is a no channeled 4 second hard stun.

The cc you actually have is:

1. 3 sec channeled hard stun (which does damage, builds focus and in rage spec builds shockwave stacks)
2. Awe for a 6 second PBAOE mez up to 5 people (this gives 1 CD more then your opponent and allows burst setup)
3 Jug gets push with a 2 second knockdown which is a hard stun (it also resets leap)

So stop saying you lack cc and that's your weakness because you clearly don' t lack cc

Atramar
01.15.2013 , 10:23 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Esiqual View Post
1. 3 sec channeled hard stun (which does damage, builds focus and in rage spec builds shockwave stacks)
chocke in tank tank/dps hybrid is not channeled.
Tracer Legacy, The Red Eclipse.
Not reading colored text, it hurts my eyes. Sorry (unless it's a dev post)
L55:Sniper,Operative,Juggernaut,Assassin,Marauder, Powertech,Guardian,Commando,Scoundrel
to finish:Shadow(41),Sage(53),Merc(39). 29.07.2013