Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Dealing with Snipers.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Dealing with Snipers.

Nonnolol
01.14.2013 , 06:16 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Darth_Nihilis View Post
I am a sentinel
This is where I stopped reading.

Projawa
01.14.2013 , 06:20 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by Jadescythe View Post
Camo out and find a better target. Snipers are your hard counter. They are the water to your fire. Sure, you might evaporate some water during the battle, but eventually it's going to put you out long before it's all gone. If you can get to one without their KB, then have at it, otherwise let the PTs and rDPS do their thing and LoS them.
Again, please stop posting misinformation. I suggest everyone read this post for general info including sniper - marauder matchups
http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=576490

NoTomorrow
01.14.2013 , 06:21 PM | #23
Polite tell us about how you beat the best op healer with annihilation, pls or how you beat the best Sniper that could only somewhat damage you with MM pls, share your enlightenment with us
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Scatter Bombs are meant to be a fun bit of extra damage that occurs when you roll into or away from the action. That said, we’re okay with you trapping an unsuspecting enemy for a “wall bang” every now and then.

iSoldat
01.14.2013 , 06:36 PM | #24
Snipers can kite and kite fairly well in the lethality spec. Setup up a stupid sent with corrosive dart, forcing them into Force Camo, finish setting up your dots when they reappear, leg shot, cull; half their hps are gone. Or just keep an eye on the sents on a rage-bender and when their overuse of force camo/defensives wear off... Boom, they are toast.

For those that don't know, you can set up your dots on the run, you do not need to be in cover. Cull is stationary, but if you leg shot before hand and they've wasted their cc breaker after a debilitate... stupid sent.

Jenzali
01.14.2013 , 06:37 PM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by PoliteAssasin View Post
Stop posting misinformation. This is a misconception that is far too common on these forums. We have more ways to deal with snipers than they have for us. If you're a sentinel and losing to a sniper, you're simply not playing your class right.
This.
Dashto Vant - Arsenal Mercenary - The most dashing bounty hunter in the galaxy.

Chlomamf
01.14.2013 , 06:38 PM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by PoliteAssasin View Post
Again, good sents have no issues with them at all. Our counters are well played tankasins, not snipers. An OP can control me better than a sniper ever could, and dock my health really low right before I blow my cooldowns, self heals, and absolutely destroy them. A snipers only advantage is distance. You have 1-2 Knockbacks you can use, and roots. 1 hard stun. But that only helps you so much. Lets just say if the sents you're fighting just stand there, you're fighting bads.
Lol Sents are completely easy to destroy. When I see one coming towards me I go into Cover, root them, throw down an Explosive Probe, use Ambush + Instant Snipe + Followthrough and most of their health is already gone before they even touch me. Since they can't leap to me they have to walk to me, giving me an even bigger advantage. And when they start their rotation (I dunno, maybe start out with Master Strike) I simply use my pushback to interrupt them. That's a lotta Focus they didn't just earn. Maybe I throw down a flashbang to buy more time for me to kill them, then when they're on very low health I do a Debilitate & I have 4 seconds left to kill them. Hell I've even killed Sents without them even taking off 1K of my life cuz it's that simple. It also helps that I'm standing ontop of a Node on ACW.

thefishdude
01.14.2013 , 06:42 PM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by iSoldat View Post
Snipers can kite and kite fairly well in the lethality spec. Setup up a stupid sent with corrosive dart, forcing them into Force Camo, finish setting up your dots when they reappear, leg shot, cull; half their hps are gone. Or just keep an eye on the sents on a rage-bender and when their overuse of force camo/defensives wear off... Boom, they are toast.
I find myself kiting all the time in lethality spec. We don't have the same defensive CD's as MM and Eng; so, a lot of times you just need to book it outta there.
Forum Warrior Apprentice

BaineOs
01.14.2013 , 06:43 PM | #28
About kiting with snipers, it all depends on the warzone and where you park yourself whilst you do your sniping.

Civil war and huttball are the best ones to kite, voidstar....sometimes depending on eactly where you are but certainly not at the first door.

That's the problem if snipers put themselves right by the door or out in the open. Sure you're not against any pillars or other objects to aid the melee but ti also means if things are going wrong you will die. Don't forget warzones are a team game so if it means you have to last long enough for help to get ther then you better learn to kite.
Es'carli D'Lakutos (Active) - Baine Os Juros (Active)
Engineering: The Evolution

Technohic
01.14.2013 , 08:17 PM | #29
I just want to say, I will kite on my sniper with legshot (love legshot) and some obstacles to LOS by weaving around. Huttball is my favorite. I will use leg shot, and drop down, circle the pillars and usually have a teammate to reinforce me somewhere along the way. Flashbang if I drew the attention of multiple enemy players that are coming after me rather than playing on the ball. If they are playing on the ball, I assume die, and meet them at the goal line for a stop than fill resolve.

PoliteAssasin
01.14.2013 , 08:22 PM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by NoTomorrow View Post
Polite tell us about how you beat the best op healer with annihilation, pls or how you beat the best Sniper that could only somewhat damage you with MM pls, share your enlightenment with us
I've beaten all specs of the sniper AC actually. Your thinly veiled attempts at taunting me doesn't change the facts.

Quote: Originally Posted by Chlomamf View Post
Lol Sents are completely easy to destroy. When I see one coming towards me I go into Cover, root them, throw down an Explosive Probe, use Ambush + Instant Snipe + Followthrough and most of their health is already gone before they even touch me. Since they can't leap to me they have to walk to me, giving me an even bigger advantage. And when they start their rotation (I dunno, maybe start out with Master Strike) I simply use my pushback to interrupt them. That's a lotta Focus they didn't just earn. Maybe I throw down a flashbang to buy more time for me to kill them, then when they're on very low health I do a Debilitate & I have 4 seconds left to kill them. Hell I've even killed Sents without them even taking off 1K of my life cuz it's that simple. It also helps that I'm standing ontop of a Node on ACW.

Typical sniper post in which the marauder/sentinel is portrayed as clueless. Good luck with that. fighting fotm rerollers who haven't an idea how to use their class to its potential doesn't mean you are a counter to that class. Our only counters are well played tankasins. But every now and then (since its not really a fotm class) I fight bads that I can completely destroy. Does that mean I'm a hard counter to them? No. It means I found a bad player in that spec. Due to the misconception that the dual weild AC is easy to play, you have an enormous amount of players who for lack of a better word are just horrible at the class. There are few dual weilders who actually know how to play their classes effectively. If you want to maintain the delusion that your class is even remotely viable for 1v1s of any class (can't think of anything a sniper can win in a 1v1 besides maybe a merc or a sorc) then by all means, don't let me stop you.
Manager of Basic Skills For A Better Society. We hand out <basic skill stim>s in PVP to those in need. A donation of 1000 credits can help maintain the basic skills of 10 players for a day. Thousands of Republic PVPers are in dire need of these stims. Head to your local Pub Fleet and donate now!