Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Sell me RE increasing boosts/Show me the rolls

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Crew Skills
Sell me RE increasing boosts/Show me the rolls

Lanja
01.22.2013 , 02:11 PM | #11
I don't know gang; I'm not throwing tons of stuff up on the GTN, but I do see people all the time in general chat offering to craft Adv 27 this, that, and the other for mats and tips. If you add up the cost of the mats (pretending you have to buy them all instead of getting them from Ops) they're often not asking much more for the crafted item on the GTN anyway. (Okay there's always somebody asking 4 million, but who buys from them?)

As a crafter, I'd gladly pay some creds or coins to have to make fewer trips around the tree to RE a blue or purple schematic for an alt I'm leveling.

I'd also be interested in a way to channel the RE research for gear with multiple RE options, e.g. by disallowing one option for an RE result. For example, if I was REing a bunch of green synthgear seeking the a blue schematic for a non-tank alt, it'd be nice if I could choose for "Redoubt" to NOT be the result if the RE roll yields a blue schematic.

Khevar
01.22.2013 , 05:02 PM | #12
Increasing RE chances to help you out with 0-49 gear will affect the end-game Grade 26 and Grade 27 gear crafting too much.

Right now when you get that Dread Guard drop from HM TfB or NM EC you have to make a decision. Do I RE this stuff for a 20% chance of an schem, or wear it?

On the other hand, I'm not a fan of the learning end-game schems by RE anyway. I'd prefer the Grade 26/27 stuff were learned by a schematic dropping in HM Ops (similar to how Columi schematics can drop). These schems would be bound and non-transferrable.

It would make the end-game stuff more rare.

/2cents

DarthOvertone
01.23.2013 , 12:59 PM | #13
Good idea mang. I haven't spent a CC yet, but I would for this type of a buff. R/E is just so d*mn frustrating. heh
War Hero Alphabolt - Garbage S1 & S2-Champion Van | The Bastion
Conqueror Alphazen - Shadow | Battlemaster Alphabain - Scoundrel | War Hero Alphanoob - PT
Jung Ma | Conqueror Alphabond - Sniper | Conqueror Alphamaul - Marauder | Battlemaster Alphafett - Mercenary
SWTOR 3.0: All Hail Maintenance Mode PvP!!

Thundergulch
01.25.2013 , 11:15 AM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by Hassat-Hunter View Post
I'd like this.
I am pretty sure the chance isn't 20% as shown on the GUI. It just fails too much for that...
it's 20%
but what most people don't understand is that it's 20% EVERY time you RE something,and not every 5 RE's a guaranteed success.

NLxAROSA
01.26.2013 , 12:56 PM | #15
Not too many people understand statitistics. And no, it's not broken if you roll 10 duds in a row. The odds are exactly the same for rolling 10 schematics in a row.

nattodaisuki
01.27.2013 , 02:37 PM | #16
I'd have to disagree with this as well

On my Synthweaver and Armormech, I have over 500 Purple schematics each (yes, I counted) that cost me a couple million credits each with over a year crafting and RE'ing.

Purples are rare for a reason and would no longer be "rare" when everyone and their mother had the schematics.

The really rare ones are those that start out as Blue Prototype schematics.
RE'ing the 1st Tier Purples to get the 2nd Tier Purples takes stacks of Purple Mats, to get all 5 of the Critical and Overkill schematics, and all 4 of the Redoubt schematics.
My slightly over-spec Rig, built specifically for Swtor: Core i7 3820 OC'ed @4.6GHz / MSI X79A-GD65 Mobo / Corsair Vengeance DDR3-1866MHz 8GB x8 / Four 120GB 6Gb/s SSD in RAID0 / nVidia GTX Titan / Enermax Platimax 1200 watt PSU / 3 Acer HN274Hbmiiid 3D Compatible 27inch monitors. CPU and the GTX Titan are custom water-cooled.