Marauder Best Talent Tree for 1.6 PVP

overkillss

I have heard so many different stories for the best talent tree for a marauder by reading up on old post from 1.1 to 1.5. It keeps changing.

Annihilation: Best for PVP and has great survival

Carnage: Great burst damage, best to be played with a healer

Rage: Great burst damage, survival isn't very good

I've only played Carnage before 1.2 than i changed to Anni to 1.6 but i've been thinking about changing after talking to so many people. I hear in rank, ANN isn't that good cause they can remove your dots so it's best to go for Carnage.

Feedback would be great guys!

Best for raw (OP) damage - Rage

Best for rated competitive pvp - Carnage (has the Predation Speedbuff and good burst), or just Rage for the raw damage

Best for solo play - Annih for the survivability, or just Rage for the raw damage.

Pretty much something like that, of course whatever is your favourite playstyle comes into it. They are all still very good trees, Marauders are incredibly lucky to have 3 absolutely viable specs.

Edited by Sinsavz

-anni is trash (compared to the other 2)

-rage is boring and cant carry bad pugs but is big numbers against bad teams and good in a coordinated group (and many bad healers are too slow both mentally and in motor skills to deal with it)

-carnage blows up healers/carries teams/best objective spec in a game where the pvp is based around running objectives and not deathmatching/for ballas

For rateds the spec is Carnage. If you want to run smash reroll jugg so you can bring utility to the table too and not get screwed over with fury generation.

I wouldn't say that. Smash juggs obvi smash a little harder, taunt, have a little more utility and can respec tank for VS defense and huttball, but they're squishier in the sense that they can be focused down easier than a mara in a main fight, and have a little less sustained damage. Defensive cooldowns: undying rage > endure pain, cloak of pain > enraged defense, and camo is usually better for survivability than intercede (can be used while rooted for one). Having 2 maras is certainly optimal for the worst wz for ranked (civil war) when the first 30 seconds decide the rest of the game- start as carnage then respec to smash for the mid fight. For the other maps the optimal comp probably only has 1. For huttball I'll be combat/carnage the whole game unless we're running a 2 sentinel comp. Basically, you need maras for predation, and even though juggs have a little more pros than cons compared to maras outside of that, in a world of bubble stun, smash maras are still better than carnage in the main fights of civil, novare, voidstar, and hypergate. What's this about fury generation? If the problem is trans/pred and inspiration/bloodthirst on the other sent/mara, just click-off the buff if it's that big a deal.