Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Take the level requirement off HK-51's orange gear shells

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Take the level requirement off HK-51's orange gear shells
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Arlon_Nabarlly
01.17.2013 , 03:21 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by MaximusRex View Post
I hope that in the future (future companions) you might avoid this by issues the shell and mods separately and then allowing the player to slot them. Also, it be hotness if droid shells were tagged with equivalent body slots so that we can take armor mods from human shells and place them in droid shells.
Honestly do we really even need the mods? The shell is the hard thing to get because droid slotted gear doesn't drop from questing and has to be bought or crafted. I'd be content with slot-empty oranges and have to get the mods yourself.

I know when I got him on my 50 I pretty much instantly started swapping out the default mods with Columi anyway. Don't think I used the default mods on any of the 6 toons I got him on, thought I might on the one that's 40 and will be 50 soon.

Zoiks
01.17.2013 , 08:06 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by DamionSchubert View Post
It's a tech issue.

I have confirmed, that if we remove the level gating on the shell item, the mods will still affect HK (Even though they are level gated), making him a super companion for low levels. We would likely need new tech to fix this issue so the mods level takes precedence over the items level. While I'd like to get to this tech someday, it's pretty low priority compared to the other things that I (and most of you guys) want.
Given what they're asking for, couldn't HK simply be changed to come equiped with a full set of modable shells, that have no level requirements, instead of being completely without gear? It would even allow you to turn the duplicate gear bug, which mails the level 50 gear box even to characters who earn HK via missions, into a feature by simply having him initially equiped with the empty shells regardless of how he's obtained.

Personally I would think having to gear him should be required. It gives a boost to the game's economy and given that you aren't going to be leveling with him on your first playthrough the lack of initial gear and mission reward gear shouldn't be much of an obstacle.

Capetoider
01.18.2013 , 04:02 AM | #23
why not some kind of reverse bolster debuff that lets you have that while making it not so strong?

you already have the bolster for wz... just make it work the other way around...
May the Force Be With You!

Heezdedjim
03.05.2013 , 02:38 PM | #24
Bump. Hoping that the Yellow People will revisit this and see there is a simple solution to their concern: Just give him to us with empty shells or with the same gear box that you give now, but with nothing equipped.

If you do this, then the level requirement is not needed to prevent any uber gearing problems, because you can never equip over leveled mods even if you had them in the shells. Shells can be locked to him with no level requirement, and you can fill them with whatever works for your current level when you claim him. Everyone wins.

This solution is also already in the game, since we get mailed a gear box when we complete the quest the first time. The only change needed is when we claim him on any alt, he comes naked and his gear is mailed to us, so he has nothing equipped when he first arrives.

Please have someone reconsider this again. It would add hugely to his appeal and utility for our alts.