Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Top PVP Damage

Anosa
01.13.2013 , 04:00 PM | #1
As a Sorc, what is the damage you dish out on average in PVP? What build do you use?
Meow

Edonidd
01.14.2013 , 11:12 AM | #2
On my server it is rare to see a 400k game in anything other than a full voidstar. Usually one 300k per match is the top. I have seen several sorcs be tops on damage, even saw a 600k damage sorc and next closest was a 400k smash monkey on a voidstar awhile ago. But as Sorcerer's damage goes up, most often you see their killing blows go down. My top ever damage and DPS game was I once found an operative healer alone running under mid in alderan. I kept creeping terror, affliction and wrath procced crushing darkness all up on him on CD. Used deathfield on CD used force lightning to regen and we went at it for a good 5-6 full minutes without the.dummy cleansing my dots. I still couldn't kill him.

You will see sorcs do that sometimes. Just throwing affliction out on everyone and getting big damage numbers but not killing anything.

Anosa
01.14.2013 , 12:08 PM | #3
my top dps is usually around 400k but thats from spamming madness skills and AOE's
Meow

AdmiralParmesan
01.14.2013 , 12:15 PM | #4
In longer games its usually something along the lines of

Full lightning: 450k - 650k
Hybrid: 480k - 750k
Madness: 450 - 700k

But it all depends on match length, the average skill of the people you are playing with and the skill of those you are fighting. When playing with my guild my scores tend to go down a little because everything drops too quickly unless we are fighting another pre made.

Heres a game from full lightning yesterday

http://i1272.photobucket.com/albums/...ps41391d37.jpg
Depreva (Sith Sorcerer) - Prophecy of the Five-

Anosa
01.14.2013 , 01:13 PM | #5
what is your set up? ive never sen that kinda damage before
Meow

Edonidd
01.14.2013 , 01:27 PM | #6
To clarify, it is rare to see a 400k game from anyone of any class in the matches I play. I have seen Deprava talking in general and am on the server as him, but really don't see those kinds of numbers in my games. I PUG 99.99% of the time on my sorc though, so tend to get the worst of the worst I guess.

I actually have tended to see higher numbers lately since I run stun bubble most of the time lately. then I get in 2-3 groups in a row with 2+ other stun bubble specced sorcs and I feel I contribute absolutely nothing to the team, so go back to Madness.

In Madness I tend to prioritize kills WAY over damage, so I don't throw afflictions out to everyone. Unless I am soloing somebody or something absolutely has to die, I often don't throw out affliction at all. It adds to DPS, but be honest, if you have death messages on, when was the last time you were ever killed by affliction? I only use creeping terror for its root, but pretty much use it on CD, roots are important to me. I would say my average game in Madness is probably only 200k damage, but.I am usually in the top 3 ish for highest single hit (depending on how many geared smashers or railshotters there are in my team) and top 2-3 for killing blows. I switch targets often and try to kill anything that is within the killing range. Would help a ton if we had an execute ability, but we don't.

Anosa
01.14.2013 , 02:23 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Edonidd View Post
To clarify, it is rare to see a 400k game from anyone of any class in the matches I play. I have seen Deprava talking in general and am on the server as him, but really don't see those kinds of numbers in my games. I PUG 99.99% of the time on my sorc though, so tend to get the worst of the worst I guess.

I actually have tended to see higher numbers lately since I run stun bubble most of the time lately. then I get in 2-3 groups in a row with 2+ other stun bubble specced sorcs and I feel I contribute absolutely nothing to the team, so go back to Madness.

In Madness I tend to prioritize kills WAY over damage, so I don't throw afflictions out to everyone. Unless I am soloing somebody or something absolutely has to die, I often don't throw out affliction at all. It adds to DPS, but be honest, if you have death messages on, when was the last time you were ever killed by affliction? I only use creeping terror for its root, but pretty much use it on CD, roots are important to me. I would say my average game in Madness is probably only 200k damage, but.I am usually in the top 3 ish for highest single hit (depending on how many geared smashers or railshotters there are in my team) and top 2-3 for killing blows. I switch targets often and try to kill anything that is within the killing range. Would help a ton if we had an execute ability, but we don't.
i see 400-500k from melee quite often
Meow

fungihoujo
01.14.2013 , 03:39 PM | #8
Depends what I'm trying to do. I can top 300k if I spend the match just spamming attacks on people. When I'm trying to win though- the only time I'll get over 200k is in VS.

I roll healer though- on average I'll have 100-150k damage, 200-250k healing- have gone as high as 250k damage with 500k healing against a team that let me free cast the whole time though.

Really depends on free casting- if their juggs/mara focus you and you take two steps before being chain rooted/smashed to death every time, you can end up with under 100k damage easily.

AdmiralParmesan
01.15.2013 , 03:18 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Anosa View Post
what is your set up? ive never sen that kinda damage before
Its less about the spec and more about what you are doing and how you are geared. I have a different gear setup for each spec I play. I can give you the rundown on how to maximize your damage though in any of our more common specs
Depreva (Sith Sorcerer) - Prophecy of the Five-

AdamLKvist
01.15.2013 , 04:19 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Edonidd View Post
On my server it is rare to see a 400k game in anything other than a full voidstar. Usually one 300k per match is the top. I have seen several sorcs be tops on damage, even saw a 600k damage sorc and next closest was a 400k smash monkey on a voidstar awhile ago. But as Sorcerer's damage goes up, most often you see their killing blows go down. My top ever damage and DPS game was I once found an operative healer alone running under mid in alderan. I kept creeping terror, affliction and wrath procced crushing darkness all up on him on CD. Used deathfield on CD used force lightning to regen and we went at it for a good 5-6 full minutes without the.dummy cleansing my dots. I still couldn't kill him.

You will see sorcs do that sometimes. Just throwing affliction out on everyone and getting big damage numbers but not killing anything.
He can't cleanse your dots...
The Forgotten Legacy
Ancestry/Mythology
TOFN