Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

adaptive armour EXPLAIN!!!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > New Player Help
adaptive armour EXPLAIN!!!

grimshawsalex
01.13.2013 , 02:21 PM | #1
i have seen adaptive armour from the cartel market on the GTN and i have a few questions:

what is adaptive armour?
does the cartel market rating (bronze silver gold) affect it?
does it matter witch peace i wear e.g. would it make a diffrence if i wear jedi adaptive armour instead of smuggler adaptive armour (im a gunslinger)?
whats the bonus over normal armour?

SleepyKing
01.13.2013 , 03:32 PM | #2
Adaptive armor is armor that automatically morphs into the best type of armor you can wear when you put it on. For example, if you're a character type that can wear heavy armor (like a trooper, bounty hunter, guardian or juggernaut), when you put adaptive armor on it will have the stats of heavy armor. If someone who could only wear medium armor put on that exact same set of armor, it would have the stats of medium armor.

The whole idea is to have sets of armor that can be used by any class. It can be a little ridiculous, with slave girl getup serving as "heavy armor", but the point is to give characters some cosmetic flexibility, rather than having to wear only outfits made for their class.

ladwar
01.13.2013 , 03:40 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by grimshawsalex View Post
i have seen adaptive armour from the cartel market on the GTN and i have a few questions:

what is adaptive armour?
does the cartel market rating (bronze silver gold) affect it?
does it matter witch peace i wear e.g. would it make a diffrence if i wear jedi adaptive armour instead of smuggler adaptive armour (im a gunslinger)?
whats the bonus over normal armour?
1. armor that adaptives its armor scales to the highest u can wear.
2. no
3. if u can wear then no but most for types of classes are not adaptive but custom armor meaning they have a set armor level.
4. nothing, its just a look u are changing.

grimshawsalex
01.14.2013 , 09:59 AM | #4
Should I get adaptive armour over regular armour then

BeToo
01.14.2013 , 10:08 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by grimshawsalex View Post
Should I get adaptive armour over regular armour then
Not sure what you mean by "regular". Adaptive is not necessarily better/worse than any other armor for a toon,

Adaptive was created so that if you wanted to wear a certain piece of gear because you liked the look of it, you wouldn't have to give up any performance. Originally the 'social gear' was always a light-weight gear, meaning the users who could wear medium or heavy gear would give up some performance. note: they likely simply made it light-weight so all users could wear it (heavy user can wear light, but light can't wear medium or heavy). After a lot of complaining, devs figured we could either made 3 versions of the same gear (annoying for players) or simply make it adaptive, meaning it picks up the light/medium/heavy capability of the wearer.

So it is a 'feature' to allow you to wear Social gear without loss of any performance, it is not better than anything else.

Never_Hesitate
01.14.2013 , 10:10 AM | #6
it doesn't matter on the stats side, what armor you get.
As long as you get either adaptive or the highest for you wearable armor (BH/Jugg -> Heavy, IA/Mara -> Medium, Inqui -> Light)
waiting for ...

Bida
01.14.2013 , 10:39 AM | #7
Adaptive Armor could be thought of as "Vanity Armor" in that you would wear it to look a certain way, like a dancer for instance.

Adaptive armor doesn't have stats of its own, but takes on the stats of the mods and armor put into it. Since it doesn't have any class restrictions, it'll accept any set of mods making it very versatile.

Catdance
01.14.2013 , 10:23 PM | #8
If you took the mods out of tionese and put them into some of the cartel store adaptive sets would the stats be the same? Is endgame armor based on just the mods you add?

Naius
01.14.2013 , 10:57 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Catdance View Post
If you took the mods out of tionese and put them into some of the cartel store adaptive sets would the stats be the same? Is endgame armor based on just the mods you add?
The stats would be the same but you wouldnt get the set bonus till you buy the Black Hole/Rakata armouring for the respective slots.

Memo-
01.15.2013 , 08:07 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Naius View Post
The stats would be the same but you wouldnt get the set bonus till you buy the Black Hole/Rakata armouring for the respective slots.
Campaign armoring actually. Or Dread Guard, which can't be bought.
Farís | Maliris | Välí | Sopraano | Sakkó | Jauhé | Bas'so | Rai'chu | Hedelmâ | Dela-jaakko | Véres | Hálal | Rai'jin | Banthan
Delaráh | Stilva | Luccía | Tenorí | Baritoni | Ethawn | Kuiva | Weímar | Altto
The Red EclipseThe Lihavuori Legacy