Expertise for DPS is OP

Thexremstar

Expertise sucks for healers because even 1v1 Its exceptionally hard to out heal a geared dps they do more flat out damage have alot of interupts and make it dam near impossible to heal your self up, when they can hit for 5-7k consistently and as a scoundrel I have to rely on enitrely on ticks to get out of it becasue i cant use my big heal that rarely heals for more than 5k anyway, when it crits its ok But pulling that off in a 1v1 or 2v1 fight is near imposible . Expertise is out of balance and dont give the maths explaination because it is out of balance. If a DPS can consistently hit for 5-7k with 24% Expertise Damage Boost even tho they have -20%Damage Reduction Boost on the target and the healer has 13% Healing Expertise Boost and cant heal them selves for 5k consistently wheres the balance there, even tho the attacker and healer have equal gear!

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the idea of expertise is good.

the execution of the idea is less than good

As I see the basic idea behind expertise is that ensure: raiders in raid gear will not dominate warzones. There is one proper answer to this problem: make available the same gear to PvP and PvE people via paralel routes.

As I see the basic idea behind expertise is that ensure: raiders in raid gear will not dominate warzones. There is one proper answer to this problem: make available the same gear to PvP and PvE people via paralel routes.

completely agree. unfortunately that is probably never gonna happen in this game

Never going to happen. Expect to see EPIC drama.

Otherwise, take a look at Perfect World Entertainment, and tell me whether or not what you suggested was a good idea. I can strait up say it is a horrible idea.

Math = failed.

so where is my maths wrong ? so your saying that a healer can heal himself continously 5-7k every 15 seconds? and that a DPS 1v1 or 2vs1 cant do 5-7k damage each 15 seconds? altho the 20% damage reduction is in place? You either dont play a healer or play a OP DPS class and DGAF about the game! You OP dps either want healers in the game or you dont Im Not the only healer with this gripe I play with alot of Healers that are geared up to my lvl and have the same gripe I dont know *** you idiots are thinking you OP DPS tool bags!!!!!! Expertise is a fail mechanic that is not working as it should and needs to be removed asap because Im sick an tired of the fail mechanics that obviously are not working because there is no a way healer can out heal A GEARED PLAYER! forget the nubs that cant punch there way out of a wet paper bag Im talking about either "HACKERS" or very good players! cause I just played a game where 2 dps couldnt get near me! So there needs to something looked at here because it is a joke that a GEARED SKILLED PLayer can hit for 5-7k in succession and take down a GEARED healer in seconds!

There is no way to perfectly balance the time of acquisition between pvp and pve. This is why gear is separated and expertise exists.

Edited by Smashbrother

I have a scoundrel healer and I have no problem outhealing a single dps or possibly even two...the only time I have trouble is when I'm being focus targeted by half their team. You have an array of abilities to help you stay alive. You have dodge, defensive screen, disappearing act, flash grenade, dirty kick, tendon blast for kiting. For heals on the run you have slow release medpacs, kolto cloud, and emergency medpac every time you get a tick of upper hand. Of course since it's in a wz you also have access to wz medpack and adrenal to help you even further. Edited by Darth-Rammstein

Otherwise, take a look at Perfect World Entertainment, and tell me whether or not what you suggested was a good idea. I can strait up say it is a horrible idea.

Wats the difference if u have PVpers in OP pvp gear or geared raiders in OP Pve gear makes no diference all it will do is remove the stupid expertise bonuses that are not balanced anyway . flat out damage vs heals, no damage reduction and lets play fair ball game! lets see how you all fair against the real stats in the game! I would like to see that! when im fully buffed raid buffs I can heal 8-10k so bring it on BW!

I have a scoundrel healer and I have no problem outhealing a single dps or possibly even two...the only time I have trouble is when I'm being focus targeted by half their team. You have an array of abilities to help you stay alive. You have dodge, defensive screen, disappearing act, flash grenade, dirty kick, tendon blast for kiting. For heals on the run you have slow release medpacs, kolto cloud, and emergency medpac every time you get a tick of upper hand. Of course since it's in a wz you also have access to wz medpack and adrenal to help you even further.

you obviously play against NUBS or really have no idea about healing as a sawbones, ie. if it is 1vs1 even 1vs2 you are never guna get upperhand therefore no emergency medpack , next ur ticks canot possibly heal for 5-7k in 3 seconds, next you will never pull off a big heal in time to save your life as you will 90% be interupted! Unless your playing against NUBS that have no idea wat they are doing!

you obviously play against NUBS or really have no idea about healing as a sawbones, ie. if it is 1vs1 even 1vs2 you are never guna get upperhand therefore no emergency medpack , next ur ticks canot possibly heal for 5-7k in 3 seconds, next you will never pull off a big heal in time to save your life as you will 90% be interupted! Unless your playing against NUBS that have no idea wat they are doing!

Keeping aside your whole post is full of inaccuracies on how to scoundrel heal. He mentioned all of the utilities you have to keep enemies away. Dodge-Defenseive Shield- Dissappearing act-Flash grenade- etc, etc and you completely ignored it.

You say he has no idea about healing? How about you keep SRMP on more than yourself to proc upperhands, and then if you get strapped blaster whip to gain another one. Not to mention if you keep SRMP on yourself and throw a kolto cloud out you wont even need to heal yourself till the cloud is done (assuming 1 dps like you say). Not to mention you can also hit UWM and cancel yourself and try to get them to miss the interupt on that if you are THAT DESPERATE. Aside from being focused, if your folding under 1 man pressure as a scoundrel healer... you really need to rethink your strategy.

I hope to never see the system they used in Perfect World again...that was terrible. (/end of off topic post)

Expertise is one of the biggest fail of SWTOR. It should go away.

That could actually be a good idea if, say, the pve vendors gave out columi/campaign/dread guard and the pvp vendors gave out xenotech/black hole/hazmat/etc. That would definitely make for an overall better swtor experience, since pvpers could pve and pvers could pvp without any issue, only real diff would be itemization and set bonuses, but it wouldn't render bis pve gear pretty much useless for pvp like it is now.

That could actually be a good idea if, say, the pve vendors gave out columi/campaign/dread guard and the pvp vendors gave out xenotech/black hole/hazmat/etc. That would definitely make for an overall better swtor experience, since pvpers could pve and pvers could pvp without any issue, only real diff would be itemization and set bonuses, but it wouldn't render bis pve gear pretty much useless for pvp like it is now.

I wouldn't call dreadguard gear useless. It's definitely better than recruit, so you will be able to do decent in pvp. Also, it takes a week now to get WH. Quit ************.

The same is true with EWH gear. You can do the easier ops, but you're not going to be doing the hardest ops available.

So even if you removed Expertise... is the OP implying a Healer should be able to always out-heal the damage inflicted on him by a DPS?

:rod_confused_g:

Yes he is. Hence he is wrong.

He's also arguing that PvE noobs should have better gear than PvP people by eliminating expertise as a gear stat. I'd say its back under the bridge with this one.