Expertise Question

Detergenttripod

I understand the expertise rating's purpose in pvp, but is there any downside to wearing armor with an expertise rating outside of PVP?

Yes. PvE equipment like Black Hole and higher tiers are really more powerful than WH/EWH gear for sure.... so if you like to do PvP, get EWH and when you want to do PvE, use EWH, but only for HM FP's Tier one, because otherwise, you are going to be votekicked out, or left behind, just because you wear PvP gear in PvE environment. Just my experience so far. Jugg tank 90% of time :)

Edited by Abiggath
misspelling

I understand the expertise rating's purpose in pvp, but is there any downside to wearing armor with an expertise rating outside of PVP?

Expertise only works against other players, so it's completely worthless when your pveing, but there isn't some negative debuff or anything from using it.

So... to summarize: PVE gear of the same level has higher main stats than the equivalent PVP type.

eg: PVP armor may have 39 str, 39 end & 50 expert where the PVE armor may have 65 str & 60 end.

Because expert has no benefit in PVE you have wasted stats stacked on your equipment.

There is no penalty for the PVP set in PVE but you are not getting the full benefit of the PVE alternatives.

Edited by Briggs_Knightly