Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Level 10's PVP with level 21

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Level 10's PVP with level 21

BeKure
12.21.2011 , 07:37 AM | #41
To all the players who want PvP in this game to be like WoW, Rift, etc. Please just go play those games. Why come here and try to mess up a good thing for the PvPers? If you want to play WoW then go play it. No one is stopping you.
Bioware has implemented something unique here to help cut down on warzone que times and the real PvPers actually appreciate it. If you don't then try not to let the door hit you on your way out.
Bekure is the name, pronounced [beck-rah]

gunslinger
12.21.2011 , 07:58 AM | #42
just don't pvp til 50. problem solved. the rest of us will continue to enjoy the game at early levels.

I am currently a 14 assassin. I get my head handed to me (and other parts too), especially in huttball. But I'm getting better and better each time I play a round. I'm actually pretty useful on Alderaan. I'm not a huge damage threat yet, but I can hold out on a defensive spot at least until help arrives.

Does the level 30 guy handle me? Most of the time yes. Thankfully none of these are team deathmatch. They are all objective games. Get to Ilum if you want 1v1 or open deathmatches with no objectives.

and the reason I respond to as many of these threads as possible is that I am tired of devs changing things because a very small minority of the total population doesn't like something about something.

Equilibrio
12.21.2011 , 08:00 AM | #43
Quote: Originally Posted by Kaarina View Post
Are you serious? Level 10 and 21 (not sure how high it can go but I saw 21 with me in a PVP battle..Seriously?
Leave the WZ. Go quest for 4 hours +/- and woalla !! You are 21 as well !! All can rest crisis is over !! O.O True story.

BeKure
12.21.2011 , 08:39 AM | #44
To all the players who want PvP in this game to be like WoW, Rift, etc. Please just go play those games. Why come here and try to mess up a good thing for the PvPers? If you want to play WoW then go play it. No one is stopping you.
Bioware has implemented something unique here to help cut down on warzone que times and the real PvPers actually appreciate it. If you don't then try not to let the door hit you on your way out.
Bekure is the name, pronounced [beck-rah]

Efir
12.21.2011 , 08:53 AM | #45
It can be done. I went in as a powertech and my buddy as a sniper both at level 10. We dominated, i was playing wing man to him and playing close protection as he was raining down dps from cover. He got 170k of damage topping the table and i got 100k of damage. We won!

It wasn't just a one off, we do it regularly.

Its all about working together. A good team even at level 10 will always beat a team of hi specced lone wolves.

Kaarina
12.24.2011 , 06:04 AM | #46
No matter how many times you repost go back to wow or rift it will not change my opinion or thoughts on the pvp situation here. I have tried to just post how I feel and remain calm and polite to all who post opposite opinions.

I still feel the break down is not good in pvp, nor do I think it should remain as it is.

There are a few systems which seem to be rushed it get it out, while other things in the game are just Awsome and such fresh ideas

I know games grow, change and alter some as time goes on to better fit the needs and wants of the players, so I will stick around and watch to see what comes down the Dev pike.

Thank you

PS: I welcome those who dissagree to post, but please no need to attack or be rude to others who do not agree with you

PSS: it is not just level 25 they are grouped from 10-49 that I have seen. now how many more skills and such does a 49 have than a 10?
Does anyone even read these?

Borcen
12.24.2011 , 06:35 AM | #47
I really don't understand how people can say it's totally fine. I enjoy PvP but there are obviously problems with the bolstering system.

As a level 16 sniper I feel good about my performance on people around level 30ish. Anything above, especially 45+ or, God forbid, the 50s, and I can't do anything to them. Their massive advantages in CC, CC breaks, and sometimes just being impossible to hurt become obvious.

I'm bolstered - cool. I have several times shot entire energy bars worth of attacks at level 50s just to see "absorb" or minor fractions of damage on level 50s as they casual make their way to a touchdown in Hutta Ball.

Fun? Not really. At level 16 in order to really enjoy PvP I need to find people somewhat near my level so that I can compete. If that's the case, why not just toss me in a bracket of people somewhat near my level?

RepublicMaverick
12.24.2011 , 06:54 AM | #48
Generally I would say the bolster system really works and I am happy this means that there are no serious long waiting queues for Warzones.

It did find though (and this is my personal experience) that lvl 50's (and lets say 40 and up) feel as if they are way stronger/tougher then any one else.

That said, me as a lvl 23 currentlty vs a lvl 34 is not a problem, sometimes I win, sometimes I lose.

But as said by others in this thread, the higher lvl's should be in their own brackets in my personal opinion.

And again, generally the PvP feels really great :-D

DarthSunshine
12.24.2011 , 07:02 AM | #49
Quote: Originally Posted by Bollah View Post
Warfronts are team based. They balance both sides to have equal amount of high level players, play as a team and play smart.
In theory, i had a game a few days ago that was as follows:

50 Sith Juggy
48 Bounty Hunter
38 Sith Juggy
35 Sith Inquisitor
25 Sith Inquisitor
13 Bounty Hunter

Vs

28 Gunslinger (me)
27 Jedi Knight
26 Jedi Consular
18 Trooper