Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Level 10's PVP with level 21

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Level 10's PVP with level 21

Bollah
12.20.2011 , 11:51 AM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by SinRMcSinR View Post
Someone hasn't played low level BGs against a hunter.

if they can maintain distance, they can literally 1shot someone with no gear.
That is what I just said?

ukikithemonkey
12.20.2011 , 11:53 AM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by Bollah View Post
Warfronts are team based. They balance both sides to have equal amount of high level players, play as a team and play smart.
And I agree with you. But in a pug situation, it still comes down to the side with more cc ability winning. An example being a game of huttball last night on my Smuggler. My team was made up of 2 gunslingers and everyone else a trooper. The other side had a more balanced set up, with plenty of SI CC. Our side simply was not able to make any progress, and lost 5-0. Yes, an extreme example, but also not a rarity, at least on my server.

Soupmaster
12.20.2011 , 11:53 AM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by RoughRaptors View Post
It goes to 50, get used to it.
Bioware is going to put level 50's in their own bracket.
Tucker-combat sentinel; Bikkers-sharpshooter gunslinger

Kaarina
12.20.2011 , 11:20 PM | #24
Well nice to see so many replies at least. I may not agree with everyone as I do not understand how just boosting stats makes it more viable..

But I did notice most who are very high level are not upset ofc when they started everyone was their level. I got late invite to Pre launch so I am behind plus I can not play 24/7 but it's all good. The pvp here is not for me so I accept that, disappointed but accepted.

And PS boosting stats is great but does it mean the new skills I would have or the new level of the existing skills are also boosted? or am I seeing just boost in actual raw stats?

NM does not matter really, I was mislead and obviously now I know for my self..back to pve for a while
Does anyone even read these?

Maxxacre
12.20.2011 , 11:36 PM | #25
It's really simple. It's a matter of skill. I had a Sorcerer as my main in the mid 30s, and today I rolled a Republic class. I was sick of 10+ minute queues and 98% of the time getting Huttball.

I'm level 12... my first 2 warzones, and the only ones I've done thus far, resulted in me being on top of the damage charts. One was a loss, the other was a win... but in both cases, I did just fine.

Sure, I felt naked without Sprint and Force Speed, among other things. I didn't have as many tricks in my bag. But still, I was able to get in there, do a lot of damage, and generally contribute to the team.

Want proof? Here:

http://i.imgur.com/mdyDy.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/JITHs.jpg

Seriously... there's proof... you can dominate in PvP when you're the lowest level. Stop complaining and L2P. These forums are full of people whining about being outleveled and outgeared, and thus having a disadvantage. The thing is, Bioware compensated for that with the bolster system. The system works just fine. If you're getting your butt kicked... it's not the game... it's you.

As stated... there's evidence. Care to deny what's right in front of your face? I welcome the debate.
"Paper is fine, nerf rock!" --Scissors

Kaarina
12.20.2011 , 11:57 PM | #26
Thank you for your input and infact all the players are new here even those who got to be in the Early Access. Please no need to toss insults. MY opinion is not the same as yours I can accept you see things differently however that does not make me wrong or you right

I still think there is more to it than giving basic points in raw stats. But to each their own, I shall refrain from pvping and pass along the info as I see it regarding the pvp situation in this game
Does anyone even read these?

Maxxacre
12.21.2011 , 12:03 AM | #27
It's just that if you look at these forums, about 1/3 of the posts in the PvP section are talking about how the bolster system doesn't work and PvP is unfair. I'm here to say it's not. Nothing more, nothing less. It's a player skill issue.
"Paper is fine, nerf rock!" --Scissors

CommandoPower
12.21.2011 , 12:29 AM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by Soupmaster View Post
Bioware is going to put level 50's in their own bracket.
Good because I ran into my first GOOD 50 tonight. IE geared and good. He was capable of taking 3 players on his own easily simply because he was 3-4 shotting people and taking pitiful amounts of damage. To add insult to injury he was IA so the one time he did get in trouble he just popped vanish.

I've never had a problem feeling like I could at least take someone on and do something significant against them till this guy and his level 50 friends.

If 50's don't get their own bracket soon it will quite literally ruin SWTOR PVP in the warzones.

Quote: Originally Posted by Maxxacre View Post
It's just that if you look at these forums, about 1/3 of the posts in the PvP section are talking about how the bolster system doesn't work and PvP is unfair. I'm here to say it's not. Nothing more, nothing less. It's a player skill issue.
Bolster seems to work really well. I don't see any problems with that and it lets a level 10-11 significantly contribute to PVP.

They need to refine CC a bit, and certain classes that seem to be able to do everything PVP needs might need a PVP only look at, healing specs might need a slight loss of damage, but otherwise things ain't that bad.
I have faith in Bioware and Mythic to deliver a good game. I have more faith in myself to decide in an unbiased fashion whether or not it is good. Neither has any impact on the fact that I will kill you.

AndiusTheGreat
12.21.2011 , 12:33 AM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by Kaarina View Post
Are you serious? Level 10 and 21 (not sure how high it can go but I saw 21 with me in a PVP battle..Seriously?
One of the best features in this game IMO. It actually goes level 1 to 50, but you really don't belong on the battlefield if you have yet to pick an advanced class.

But I can take my level It doesn't matter and group up with my buddy with a level it doesn't matter character, and we can go have fun together in warzones.

Also, I have noticed serious problem with being able to keep up with people who are higher level. Absolutely great. People who have PVP in the blood don't want to be forced to go through the whole game in PVE before they can just sit back and enjoy some PVP. Fighting twinks every 10 levels doesn't count.
Andius Meuridiar - Jedi Sage - Light Side
Kaemik Meuridiar - Jedi Gaurdian - Light Side
Tharak Meuridiar - Level 50 Sawbones - Light Side
Ajunta Pall - RP-PVP

Sentzu
12.21.2011 , 01:13 AM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by Greybowsky View Post
I can accept this state of BGs for the launch, but as soon as BW is able to arrange cross-server PvP they should bracket the BG System.

Btw. i c no reason why not bolstering brackets ... its just mathematics ...

my 2 cents

Cheers and enjoy this great game!
Bioware said a while back that they're trying avoid cross-server PVP to help build community on each server, get people used to seeing familiar names and faces to build friendships and rivalries.

I think it's a good thing personally...
Sentzu - Jedi Guardian
------------ Formerly of Naritus -- SWG ----