Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Not Happy Jan! Ticket #7738789

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
Not Happy Jan! Ticket #7738789
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

FreakyTrooper's Avatar


FreakyTrooper
01.13.2013 , 10:17 PM | #11
Same here, waiting for 3 days, ticket #7752902

DeludedAussie's Avatar


DeludedAussie
01.13.2013 , 11:21 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by FreakyTrooper View Post
Same here, waiting for 3 days, ticket #7752902
seems we are all falling victim to some kind of conspiracy!!!

FreakyTrooper's Avatar


FreakyTrooper
01.13.2013 , 11:47 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by DeludedAussie View Post
seems we are all falling victim to some kind of conspiracy!!!
please post here if you get in contact with CS.

FreakyTrooper's Avatar


FreakyTrooper
01.14.2013 , 12:31 AM | #14
My character is restored, thanks CS!

Beesodd's Avatar


Beesodd
01.14.2013 , 04:37 AM | #15 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Hi there, I've looked into this, and it appears to be a couple of odd cases, possibly bug-related.

DeludedAussie, your ticket (7738789) is showing as cancelled from the customer end on the 12th. Obviously from your posts, this is odd and not intended.

Wrathlan, you should have received a response to this ticket, but we have had some reports of responses not being visible. The response you should have received is as below:


Spoiler


FreakyTrooper, I'm happy to see that your issue was resolved earlier today.

Beesodd | BioWare Customer Service - Forum Support

DeludedAussie's Avatar


DeludedAussie
01.14.2013 , 05:08 AM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by Beesodd View Post
Hi there, I've looked into this, and it appears to be a couple of odd cases, possibly bug-related.

DeludedAussie, your ticket (7738789 I take it) is showing as cancelled from the customer end on the 12th. Obviously from your posts, this is odd and not intended.
as you said, I did not cancel the tickets! I've been paitently waiting for those toons to be restored before I start playing fully again, Checking it every day and thus I found it closed.

DeludedAussie's Avatar


DeludedAussie
01.14.2013 , 05:23 AM | #17
That being said, Is there anything you can do for me? or am i going to have to put in another ticket and waist more of my subbage

Beesodd's Avatar


Beesodd
01.14.2013 , 05:25 AM | #18 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
The best way forward is for you to create a new ticket, but we'll try to get you back into your previous position in the queue, rather than have this one put straight back in.

Beesodd | BioWare Customer Service - Forum Support

DeludedAussie's Avatar


DeludedAussie
01.14.2013 , 05:31 AM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by Beesodd View Post
The best way forward is for you to create a new ticket, but we'll try to get you back into your previous position in the queue, rather than have this one put straight back in.
Alright, I have submitted another ticket: #7790205, Lets hope it doesnt take long REALLY eager to play now :P

OwenBrooks's Avatar


OwenBrooks
01.14.2013 , 05:33 AM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by DeludedAussie View Post
Alright, I have submitted another ticket: #7790205, Lets hope it doesnt take long REALLY eager to play now :P
Your a DeludedAussie what can I say .... sorry my bad aussie humor surfacing, I just like your username