Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

An open letter to Bioware CEO

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
An open letter to Bioware CEO

hemmullenn's Avatar


hemmullenn
01.12.2013 , 06:05 AM | #1
Dear Sir or Madam

I am writing to let you know that the savage vocal critics of Biowares recent productions do not represent the core base of Bioware fans in the world. I had my own criticisms of some of the game content of recent Bioware creations but, when the dust settles and I pause to look around at the other drivell on offer from game producers, I realise that Bioware games are still the best quality game entertainment by far. The self-appointed assassins in the fan base are like spoiled brats who have too soon forgotten how Bioware lifted the gaming industry out of the realms of mediocre entertainment and into the realm of dynamic, quality creativity. Bioware (and some other contributers) have created a new art form. Most of the Bioware creations are more involving and submersive than films and certainly better value than any other form of entertainment. I congratulate and thank you and all the Bioware team, past and present, for the magnificent projects you have delivered to the gaming world. Unfortunately, many who have jumped on the Bioware band wagon are pretenders who are stil being weened off "Halo" and "Command and Conquer." They are ungrateful oinks who no longer recognise quality but are more intent on becoming little judges and advisors to real artists. I urge you to abandon this new policy of compromise, and allow Bioware the creative freedom it once enjoyed, unshacked by the whims of an untalented minority. Shakespeare would not consult his readers before writing his next classic play!

Please, for the sake of art and creativity, let Bioware, not the so-called fans, create the games. I do not speak for myself alone but also for many friends, family and aquaintences, all Bioware users.

I am Biowares loyal follower.

Regards,

Steve Brown
England

ps "EA" have not been good for Bioware but, I think you probably already know that don't you!

YeIIow's Avatar


YeIIow
01.12.2013 , 06:23 AM | #2
lol for real?
"Forged by Fire; Empowered by Passion"
o◙[//////////]ị:◙:ị{▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒)

Luceon's Avatar


Luceon
01.12.2013 , 08:14 AM | #3
Except he is right. Even on the 'Halo' part. Halo 4 is coming with multiplayer moderation where you can be banned for life for sexist remarks (which is sorely needed). Habbits of insults are not limited to Halo and people who would normally get pissy for being made fun of has no issue making the next person online feel like dirt. I do not know what actually happens behind the scenes at BW, I don't know who was the cause for so much quality degradation in this project but I have loved BW in the past and it does sadden me to see what this ambitious project has turned towards.

It's ok to get pissy when BW makes a bad change to a good thing in this game (because just as much as they are dedicated in making this game we are dedicated in playing it) but don't forget that we don't know what's going on behind scenes and that whatever is going on there are people people behind it. Real live people.

BTW I don't completely fall behind his post but I'm more for it than not.
Maybe I don't want a signature....

YeIIow's Avatar


YeIIow
01.12.2013 , 10:18 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by hemmullenn View Post
Dear Sir or Madam

I am writing to let you know that the savage vocal critics of Biowares recent productions do not represent the core base of Bioware fans in the world. I had my own criticisms of some of the game content of recent Bioware creations but, when the dust settles and I pause to look around at the other drivell on offer from game producers, I realise that Bioware games are still the best quality game entertainment by far.
still best quality? what universe u living on?

Quote: Originally Posted by hemmullenn View Post
The self-appointed assassins in the fan base are like spoiled brats who have too soon forgotten how Bioware lifted the gaming industry out of the realms of mediocre entertainment and into the realm of dynamic, quality creativity.
nobody has forgotten anything, on the contrary, we look dawn on Bioware now, cos we have seen the 2 faces of the coin, how good used to be their products and now how terrible they are...

Quote: Originally Posted by hemmullenn View Post
Bioware (and some other contributers) have created a new art form.
wasen't that their exact scuse after *********** up Mass Effect 3 ending? that it was ART?

Quote: Originally Posted by hemmullenn View Post
Most of the Bioware creations are more involving and submersive than films and certainly better value than any other form of entertainment. I congratulate and thank you and all the Bioware team, past and present, for the magnificent projects you have delivered to the gaming world. Unfortunately, many who have jumped on the Bioware band wagon are pretenders who are stil being weened off "Halo" and "Command and Conquer." They are ungrateful oinks who no longer recognise quality but are more intent on becoming little judges and advisors to real artists. I urge you to abandon this new policy of compromise, and allow Bioware the creative freedom it once enjoyed, unshacked by the whims of an untalented minority. Shakespeare would not consult his readers before writing his next classic play!

Please, for the sake of art and creativity, let Bioware, not the so-called fans, create the games. I do not speak for myself alone but also for many friends, family and aquaintences, all Bioware users.

I am Biowares loyal follower.
ur nobodys follower, ur just an indoctrinaded fanboy... stop branding people(including urself) as something they are not, 80% of the people who have been vocal to Bioware and who have lost their faith on them is becouse of good solid reasons... i really could not agree less with the ******** ur saying, and am not a Bioware hater or a troll, am one of the loyal fans who used to love their products... that ofcourse, before they went dawn in an spiral of mistake making....

Quote: Originally Posted by hemmullenn View Post

ps "EA" have not been good for Bioware but, I think you probably already know that don't you!
that is somethign we can actually agree on.

Quote: Originally Posted by YeIIow View Post
To Bioware:
I remember the glorious times of SWKOTOR 1 and 2(even if u were not directly related to the second one), the time of Mass Effect 1(and even 2), the time of Dragon Age Origins, i remember all those days and years with joy and with a big sincere smile..... but the more i think of it nowdays, the more sadness and disappointment i feel.

I was once convinced that Bioware was the Best RPG makers out there, and the BEST game developers overall, i once looked up to Casey Hudson and saw a great man, someone i respect and admired.... But those days are long gone, and replaced by much darker ones, at one point u started making big mistakes regarding many things, u began breaking promises, u stopped listening to the wishes and needs of ur loyal consumers, u became greedy and arrogant, u lost the vision u once had, lost completely ur path, as a result of that; Dragon Age 2 was a piece of c.r.a.p in many regards; SWKTOR 3 was cancelled: SWTOR replaced SWKTOR 3, and to be realist , the ultimate truth is that this game has been a big fiasco; furthermore, what was maybe the biggest of all ur mistakes to the date: The ENDING OF MASS EFFECT 3. i consider that one, a big. nasty, spit in our face...

With Mass Effect 3 u lost most of ur loyal and older fans, the ones that had remained by ur side through this long journey. The very few that "remained loyal to some degree", have never really forgiven u entirely and have remained very skeptical about any of ur decisions from that moment on, sadly nobody is ever gona see Bioware the same way, and think of it as they did back in the days.
"Forged by Fire; Empowered by Passion"
o◙[//////////]ị:◙:ị{▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒)

Nigredo's Avatar


Nigredo
01.12.2013 , 10:27 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by hemmullenn View Post
Dear Sir or Madam

I am writing to let you know that the savage vocal critics of Biowares recent productions do not represent the core base of Bioware fans in the world. I had my own criticisms of some of the game content of recent Bioware creations but, when the dust settles and I pause to look around at the other drivell on offer from game producers, I realise that Bioware games are still the best quality game entertainment by far. The self-appointed assassins in the fan base are like spoiled brats who have too soon forgotten how Bioware lifted the gaming industry out of the realms of mediocre entertainment and into the realm of dynamic, quality creativity. Bioware (and some other contributers) have created a new art form. Most of the Bioware creations are more involving and submersive than films and certainly better value than any other form of entertainment. I congratulate and thank you and all the Bioware team, past and present, for the magnificent projects you have delivered to the gaming world. Unfortunately, many who have jumped on the Bioware band wagon are pretenders who are stil being weened off "Halo" and "Command and Conquer." They are ungrateful oinks who no longer recognise quality but are more intent on becoming little judges and advisors to real artists. I urge you to abandon this new policy of compromise, and allow Bioware the creative freedom it once enjoyed, unshacked by the whims of an untalented minority. Shakespeare would not consult his readers before writing his next classic play!

Please, for the sake of art and creativity, let Bioware, not the so-called fans, create the games. I do not speak for myself alone but also for many friends, family and aquaintences, all Bioware users.

I am Biowares loyal follower.

Regards,

Steve Brown
England

ps "EA" have not been good for Bioware but, I think you probably already know that don't you!
You would think that someone who took the time to put that amount of crap into a poorly formed letter would have done a spell check....
Llofnod dileu o ganlyniad i cymedrolwyr facist

hemmullenn's Avatar


hemmullenn
01.12.2013 , 11:24 AM | #6
My point was that Biowares works have suffered because they have relinquished control to EA and the griping fans. If the world would leave them alone perhaps they could get back to creating classics (remember them?!).

I did not have a problem with the ME3 ending. What did people expect? Oh sorry, they expected what they got when they bullied Bioware to re-write their version.

Artists, like football teams, have their glories and their low points. A loyal fan sticks with the team while hoping for improvement.

Those of you who have sworn at me or ridiculed me for my comments simply prove my point about some people being intolerant and aggressive. Don't swear at me pal!

YeIIow's Avatar


YeIIow
01.12.2013 , 11:51 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by hemmullenn View Post
My point was that Biowares works have suffered because they have relinquished control to EA and the griping fans. If the world would leave them alone perhaps they could get back to creating classics (remember them?!).

I did not have a problem with the ME3 ending. What did people expect? Oh sorry, they expected what they got when they bullied Bioware to re-write their version.

Artists, like football teams, have their glories and their low points. A loyal fan sticks with the team while hoping for improvement.

Those of you who have sworn at me or ridiculed me for my comments simply prove my point about some people being intolerant and aggressive. Don't swear at me pal!
lol talk more "#% if that is even possible! art? what art? u saw nothing wrong with ME3 ending? thats proves how little u actually understood about the lore surounding the series, ur lack of sences to see the massive plot-holes the ending had, makes me sad.... even the extended cut was far, very far from what the series deserved......

ur just brainwashed or braindead....

PS duno why i even waste my time in this idiotic thread... bb
"Forged by Fire; Empowered by Passion"
o◙[//////////]ị:◙:ị{▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒)