Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Reporting the F-bomb

MouseNoFour
01.12.2013 , 11:09 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Hyde_v View Post
Maybe the mods don't work on weekends? I will get a response even if I must use another form of communication to get it. The forums are simply the first one I chose to use.

And you can stop posting in this "waste of forum space" if you want. You add nothing to the thread with your negativity.
Thread will be deleted soon. /popcorn

OwenBrooks
01.12.2013 , 11:30 PM | #12
Here is your answer the report harrassment provides a transcript of your recent converstations. (chat log)

Quote: Originally Posted by Bronholz View Post
Greetings,

Thanks for your feedback.

As you have unfortunately experienced, due to the number of contacts that we receive it isn't always possible for an agent to reach you while you are still online. We understand that this is the preferred method of contact for a lot of our players and we are working to answer tickets as quickly as possible for this reason.

On the grounds of harassment I can assure you that we take all reports very seriously and urge you to report anyone that is acting inappropriately. This allows us to investigate, catch and take appropriate action against players who are spoiling others enjoyment. As has been suggested your can take a screen shot of this and send it to us, but making an In-Game ticket with the report harassment will provide us with a transcript of your recent conversations which helps us just as much and is quicker.

Thank you.

Quendishir
01.13.2013 , 12:38 AM | #13
I swear. A lot. I was raised by a Master Chief Petty Officer, and I am a former enlisted Marine who went ossifer. I assure you, I swear as much as I did as enlisted, if not more.

I have always viewed the people who whine about swearing as childish,and more-so than the people they threaten to report. Swearing happens in life. You have a profanity filter for a reason. It's default setting is ON. This means that if you are seeing swearing done in completion (which means no breaks between letters, no attempts to bypass the filter itself), then you made a conscious decision to turn the filter off.

That has always been a thorn in my side: people turn off the filter, but then run and tattle on anyone who swears. It's mindboggling, the immaturity of some people.

I can understand if someone said they were going to cut off your head, but really, just swearing...?

Hyde_v
01.14.2013 , 08:50 PM | #14
Awaiting an official answer. Emails are no more efficient. But I keep trying.
"And they probably redesigned the whole sickbay too. I know engineers. They love to change things." -Dr. McCoy, ST:TMP

Likomg
01.14.2013 , 10:12 PM | #15
Awaiting an official answer. Emails are no more efficient. But I keep trying.
I realise that we are all playing a game, but good lord, you really need to get a life

MikeTheDuke
01.14.2013 , 11:02 PM | #16
I am not a fan of it. But I know that I have filter profanity on, makes some conversastions difficult to read. But that is for me to determine. I also use the ignore option when player says something that offends me, I click Ignore on them. I know I can't tell anyone to stop swearing or to stop saying the things they do, but I have an option to not see it.
I post about Star Wars on my blog. Check it out
http://xnagamedeveloper.wordpress.co...ory/star-wars/
MikeDodgers @YouTube

skiehigh
01.15.2013 , 04:31 AM | #17
I really do not care about other players who say "There's a filter, grow up, get a thick skin, etc." on this topic.

The rules says "Do not cuss" in the game. Everyone, and I do mean everyone, has to click on "I Agree" in order to play the game. A new patch or update comes out, everyone has to click on "I Agree" in order to play the game after the download. Having a filter in the game does not, according to the rules, give anyone free reign to type out profanity. If players cannot abide by that, they should not click "I Agree."

Frankly, comments like the previous poster's saying to "lighten up" are simply derailing the thread. There are options (and rules) about that sort of thing too.

I want to see a Bioware rep confirm that using the window option is the same as opening a ticket. Otherwise, people using this feature are wasting their time. I am not interested in a discussion on the morality of people using profanity and whether it offends or not.
Plain and simply no choosing the option to report harassment would not work. Number one who/how are they harassing. If I walk outside me and my buddy are talking we say F*** a few times and other people over hear it am I harassing them. No. Also on this whole filter non filter. If your gonna report harassment for seeing language that when you very first log in is unable to be seen by you is like a girl getting naked hoping in bed with a naked guy and screaming rape. You chose to see that language therefore it would not be considered harassment. Personally i don't use language in fleet very often but I do on occasion as with multitudes of other people. Yeah so some of you are offended by language but I ask you this if your offended by rap music would you go to a rap concert. If LGBT people make you uncomfortable are you going to go to a rally filled with them. I think not. So if you find language offensive(wether or not its against terms of service or any I accept button) then why why omg why would you choose to see it and take the actual effort of going into your options and making it available to see. Matter of fact it take less time just to turn your filter back on then it does to report every time you see someone use language. In part I feel those of you that opt to see something then complain about seeing it are just aiming to grief people.

DemonicPenguin
01.15.2013 , 06:34 PM | #18
I don't see that anyone has asked the obvious question. If the f word offends you, why do you have the profanity filter turned off? That's the very reason it's an option and defaulted to be on when you start the game. At some point you had to manually turn it off.

Insidion
01.15.2013 , 06:39 PM | #19
The filter profanity setting provides you with the ability to not see words you find offensive. I simply do not understand people who choose not to use it and insist on exerting control over other people's vocabulary.

You may not censor me; I have mastered all the words in my lexicon, and I intend to use them as I deem appropriate. I find censorship more offensive than any mere words. In fact, there are several words that the profanity filter doesn't filter that I find offensive, and I bug report those as I discover them.

This is the preferred method of using this feature.

Insidion
01.15.2013 , 06:43 PM | #20
I think you are being pedantic by ranting about seeing something you don't have to see. You really are wasting people's time with a post like this. Do you simply feel the need to control others?