Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Rubberbanding. Time to fix it. [Video]

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
Rubberbanding. Time to fix it. [Video]

Reveillere
01.13.2013 , 09:50 AM | #11
This is indeed gamebreaking and has to be fixed. /signed

Orielensis
01.13.2013 , 10:01 AM | #12
Agreed. General performance is bad with the game sometimes freezing for a few seconds for everyone in a WZ.

And these examples of the weird synching issues around cc, knockbacks, roots etc have definitely got worse.

Somebody mentioned targeting and that's a bad one. These issues cause me to lose target for no reason sometimes or be unable to tab target someone who appears to be directly in front of me.

Seasons of Byss
|The Prognitor EU|
Lykourgos 55 Marauder Mel'pomene 55 Operative
Brasidas 55 Powertech

HoboWithAStick
01.13.2013 , 10:58 AM | #13
Here is two examples within seconds of each other.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NLFZR...ature=youtu.be

ROG-Sim
01.13.2013 , 11:52 AM | #14
Yep seriously, amount of lag in TOR has recently reached ridiculous levels. Especially in WZ. Not to mention that game chooses a random person and literally tortures the poor player with Lag regardless of where in game you are - if I get constant lag on the fleet, warzone is a no go for me and i know a bunch of people with the exact same issues.

Solarenergy
01.13.2013 , 01:35 PM | #15
Yes, have a lot of lag, especially in Huttball. But the new warzone is also quite laggy as well. Also major lag spikes are a big problem, they occur for me in about 1 out of every 10 warzones. And by major lag spikes I mean the ones where time seems to stand still and when the lag goes away, you find yourself either dead or disconnected.

Mackeyla
01.13.2013 , 01:41 PM | #16
i agree.
~*~Mackayla~*~Mackaela~*~Mackenzi~*~
In my fist there's a song...
Do you want to sing along?

~*~Ascendancy~*~

kertar
01.13.2013 , 02:31 PM | #17
The issue is really game breaking, especially in huttball. First time I saw such stuff I've accused people of cheating. Please fix ASAP.

Sidrath
01.13.2013 , 02:54 PM | #18
Definitely one of the more glaring flaws with the game's engine, and cruelly punishing in PvP, especially Huttball. Aside from the positional distortions lag causes, I'll add in mention of another kind of rubberbanding experienced by SW (presumably JK as well) with Vicious Throw, where the saber flies off, swirls over the enemy for a while with no indication if the hit lands or not. Often the attack just gets missed out in the process, possibly a case of Execute range not synching properly between clients and server (other classes with executes feeling the same problem, feel free to chime in!).

Whatever the cause, rubberbanding is definitely a major gameplay issue and should be high on the priority list for fixing.
Sidrath - JuggernautSídrath - Powertech

Majspuffen
01.13.2013 , 05:36 PM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by Sidrath View Post
Often the attack just gets missed out in the process, possibly a case of Execute range not synching properly between clients and server (other classes with executes feeling the same problem, feel free to chime in!).
I get it occasionally as a Jedi Shadow. Spinning Strike (i.e our execute) sometimes refuses to execute and I theorize that it is because the target was taken above 30% hp before the attack landed. I could be wrong, but that's my theory!

Quote: Originally Posted by Sidrath View Post
Whatever the cause, rubberbanding is definitely a major gameplay issue and should be high on the priority list for fixing.
Yeah. I do wonder though, if the lag is the result of the change they did in 1.3, or if it is some side-effect from the server merges. Perhaps a mix of both, who knows. It should not have gone on for this long. It is ruining the flow of the game so bad. :/

Dimvou
01.13.2013 , 05:43 PM | #20
/Agree

it happens in PvE as well