Would Sean Connery have made a better Obi-Wan?

UltimateKrucible

Hmm ... good point about Alec Guiness. Hard to top perfection, and Sean was too young (although not by much).

Now, when The Phantom Menace came around, he would probably have made a good Qui-Gon (Sean actually turned down the role of Gandalf in LOTR at the same time :confused:).

So - would he have been better than Liam Neeson (who kind of sleep-walks through it, let's be honest)?

"He hash the highesht count of midicloriansh I have ever sheen."

I've always quite liked the casting of both the original and prequel Obi-Wan (not such a big fan of prequel Anakin or original Luke). Can't really picture Connery in any role in Star Wars. I guess he could have been Qui-Gon, but I was pretty happy with Liam Neeson there too.

While I'm quite happy with the excellent work of Sir Alec Guinness, I now have this image in my head of Sean Connery as Obi-Wan, Christopher Lambert as Luke, and Clancy Brown as Darth Vader. :D

lol I was just thinking the same thing. I can just picture it now Vader and Luke facing off and just as Vader dies we here Luke say "There can be only one!"