Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

What if there were a server WITHOUT the cartel market?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
What if there were a server WITHOUT the cartel market?

Lionflash
01.11.2013 , 02:18 PM | #11
So... you wanna pay 5$ more to get ALL the Cartel Shop items?

You do realise it costs 15$ for 1 set of Cartel Armor... I'm sure they're gonna wanna stick with this model...

uziforyou
01.11.2013 , 02:29 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Machine-Elf View Post
Are you serious? Have you seen the amount of hatred the game has gotten for the F2P transition?
So, player hatred (which isn't as bad as you're getting at) against F2P'ers and the F2P concept is what is Bioware's motivation for doing this?

Haha, I laugh at how silly that notion is.

Edit: To do this Bioware would be admitting that their F2P concept is flawed. They're not going to do that.
"When you're bleeding out in a ditch on some muckball planet it's not headquarters that comes to save you, it's the guy next to you."

Machine-Elf
01.11.2013 , 02:29 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Lionflash View Post
So... you wanna pay 5$ more to get ALL the Cartel Shop items?

You do realise it costs 15$ for 1 set of Cartel Armor... I'm sure they're gonna wanna stick with this model...
Keep in mind this wouldn't replace the current model, but compliment it, by simply offering an alternative.

ItchyThePenguin
01.11.2013 , 02:32 PM | #14
You must have missed this paragraph: All the items available on the Cartel Market servers would also be available to players in the subscription-only server, purchasable with credits, or obtainable through the game's various time-sinks: Legacy, social, and alignment levels.
So...in a way, a lot like servers as they currently are? You do realize that most things in the market can be traded, right? I'd much rather take my chances with the market equilibrium price than some arbitrary and static number created to obtain these items.
Jedi Guardian -- Miscreant (65)
Formerly of Mind Trick and Corellian Run -- Now of The Shadowlands

Baldak
01.11.2013 , 02:35 PM | #15
I don't see the need for such a server unless you want a gaming experience that is exclusive of the F2P players. Why no cartel market access? If you don't like the cartel market, don't use it. It doesn't interfere with your game experience.
I'll take the stupid one, who decided to threaten us rather than shoot us
when he had the chance.

Referal Link: http://www.swtor.com/r/c4m6dD

Holinyx
01.11.2013 , 02:37 PM | #16
They tried this in Everquest with a server called Stormhammer. if i remember right, it lasted about 3 months before the server died a lonely death. meanwhile EQ is still alive.

so i vote No.
Not all Bounty Hunters die screaming like a 4 yr old girl.

J__H
01.11.2013 , 02:39 PM | #17
Won't happen and shouldn't happen. Not worth the wasted time, money, and effort by BW/EA to implement such a server. If you would like to obtain cartel unlocks purely by investing time in the game you already can, farm credits and buy the items on the GTN.
Body, Mind, and Soul

The Heb Legacy

MaximusRex
01.11.2013 , 02:41 PM | #18
Are you serious? Have you seen the amount of hatred the game has gotten for the F2P transition?
Seems lower then the hatred they have gotten for everything else, so meh.

Jack_Deth
01.11.2013 , 02:47 PM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by Spoletta View Post
With the later corrections the actual F2p system is well implemented for both free players and subs. We don't need that server.
Agreed

Machine-Elf
01.11.2013 , 02:50 PM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by MaximusRex View Post
Seems lower then the hatred they have gotten for everything else, so meh.
That's a very broad statement (apart from being completely incorrect, in my opinion).