Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Help with getting adv might armoring 27...

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Crew Skills
Help with getting adv might armoring 27...

doughboyxx
01.11.2013 , 12:06 PM | #1
I have the mats for might armoring 27 but im not sure the best way to find a crafter. This is new to me. I have seen people advertise they will make the item for just mats and a tip. I have some questions. First, how much does one usually tip? Also how do i know the person wont just steal my mats? Can someone who has done this tellme the best way? Do most people trade the armoring for the mats straight up? Again i have the mats but they are expensive so i'm a bit nervous about how to do it. Thanks for any help.

Madscidexter
01.11.2013 , 01:47 PM | #2
What server are you on? I craft Advanced Might Armoring 27 on The Harbinger. If you are on that server than I would love to help supply you. My main level 50's on the server are: Rontu, Rontoo, or Beelow.

I craft for free (no tip). I work for free but keep any extras that crit and sell on the GTN. If any do crit I offer the person that I am crafting for first chance to purchase at a discount. As for trusting people with your mats - you will need to find someone you trust or find someone that has premades. I have never had a problem with other crafters that I have worked with in the past. But you must accept the risk on the trade. I currently have premades of the wrmoring that you are looking for, so if you are on The Harbinger then pst me for a trade.

L-RANDLE
01.11.2013 , 02:03 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by doughboyxx View Post
I have the mats for might armoring 27 but im not sure the best way to find a crafter. This is new to me. I have seen people advertise they will make the item for just mats and a tip. I have some questions. First, how much does one usually tip? Also how do i know the person wont just steal my mats? Can someone who has done this tellme the best way? Do most people trade the armoring for the mats straight up? Again i have the mats but they are expensive so i'm a bit nervous about how to do it. Thanks for any help.
Find your server forum. Most have "Master Crafter" lists that are updated fairly regularly. That is the best option as they are reputable (i.e. won't steal your mats), and care more about the point of "being a crafter". Most will ask you to mail them to you which works well for two reasons.

1. They can keep track of orders better.
2. You have evidence that a transfer took place. I am not sure BW would return your mats, but at least there is proof that they were exchanged...

As for the tip. LvL 27 stuff is expensive and time consuming. So I typically give 25k per piece, but I order in small quantities(1-2), so you should give them higher tips like this since their chance to crit is lower on smaller orders...
PvP Gear Viability? Read this first.
Tired of being broke? Stop being Felica and read this.
I'm not trying to be Rambo..... I'm trying to be Ray Tango

GalaxyStrong
01.11.2013 , 04:57 PM | #4
Whatever you do, only trade your Crafting Materials for pre-made items. Never give crafting materials to anyone unless they already have the item you want. Most Crafters create a bunch of premade stuff (Example's - 27 barrels, 27 Hilts, 27 Mods, ect, ect) and then trade them for the matts they need to make more stuff.

Some people will say that they can make an item but do not have the crafting materiel's to create it. Then they will tell you to give them your matt's and they will craft it for you and mail you the item. DO NOT FALL FOR THAT, it's usually a scam. The person will take your matt's set his toon to ignore your toon and then your screwed.

Just Keep That In Mind
RESPECT THE EMPIRE!!!
Or YOUR A DEAD-MAN

wainot-keel
01.11.2013 , 05:41 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by GalaxyStrong View Post
Whatever you do, only trade your Crafting Materials for pre-made items. Never give crafting materials to anyone unless they already have the item you want. Most Crafters create a bunch of premade stuff (Example's - 27 barrels, 27 Hilts, 27 Mods, ect, ect) and then trade them for the matts they need to make more stuff.

Some people will say that they can make an item but do not have the crafting materiel's to create it. Then they will tell you to give them your matt's and they will craft it for you and mail you the item. DO NOT FALL FOR THAT, it's usually a scam. The person will take your matt's set his toon to ignore your toon and then your screwed.

Just Keep That In Mind
On the Red Eclipse server, contact Spark of Insanity guild (republic). Myself and several other members of my guild have done business with them and we never had any kind of trouble.
I sent them the mats with COD of 1 cred, so I know exactly when they got them

doughboyxx
01.11.2013 , 10:30 PM | #6
Thanks very much for the replys, they were very helpful. I traded the mats for a finished product. Thanks again.