Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Interesting and engaging classes.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
Interesting and engaging classes.

Ihjace
01.11.2013 , 09:19 AM | #1
I'm currently playing a Powertech BH and I'm quite enjoying it, it's gotten a little slow now (level 17) but I hope it'll pick up soon.

I'm wondering what classes/storys you guys think are the most engaging? Side doesn't matter I'll try anything - I've got a level 14 Asssassin and that's okay....but not really diggin it.

Zellzin
01.11.2013 , 09:34 AM | #2
Imperial Agent. The story is far and away the best in the game. The playstyle of a concealment spec'ed Operative is extremely fun (you feel like James Bond with your stealth and all these knife attacks etc), but not very viable endgame (their healing is awesome though).

I first played through it as an Operative and loved it so much that now I'm playing through as a Sniper. The story felt like it was designed more for an Operative in my opinion. The choices you make seem to affect the story more than the other classes. Highly recommend this class to everyone.
"Query: Can I kill him now, master? I would like ever so much to crush his neck. Just a little. It is a long-time fantasy of mine." HK-47

Ihjace
01.11.2013 , 10:55 AM | #3
I was sort of hoping for a class with a Lightsaber, it doesn't have to be but I'd prefer.

I'm considering smuggler because you get a wookie

Hellbring
01.11.2013 , 11:39 AM | #4
About part way though chapter 1 of the consular theirs seems enjoyable for a lightsaber class
Emotion, yet peace. Ignorance, yet knowledge.
Passion, yet serenity. Chaos, yet harmony.
Death, yet the Force.

RogueDiplomacy
01.11.2013 , 11:59 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Ihjace View Post
I was sort of hoping for a class with a Lightsaber, it doesn't have to be but I'd prefer.

I'm considering smuggler because you get a wookie
The stories for Jedi Knight and Sith Warrior are each pretty compelling. Mechanics-wise, marauder/sentinel does a fair amount of frantic attacking, which can be a bit of a rush in combat.

caveslug
01.11.2013 , 12:46 PM | #6
Agent is indeed a good story, I will say I wish you could have had more of a choice for the ending though.

Spoiler

The Sith Warrior, while not bad. Felt sort of predictable to me. Still on act one of the Jedi Knight so I can't say much about its story

Wanted to add the Sith jugg animations really fit with the class if you play it darkside, I know on my Guardian the animations feel blah so far.
#1 reply to all PvP threads.....L2P

GalaxyStrong
01.11.2013 , 05:11 PM | #7
The Agent Story is excellent.
RESPECT THE EMPIRE!!!
Or YOUR A DEAD-MAN

Ihjace
01.12.2013 , 02:59 AM | #8
Operative or Sniper?

Aaoogaa
01.12.2013 , 04:14 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Ihjace View Post
I'm currently playing a Powertech BH and I'm quite enjoying it, it's gotten a little slow now (level 17) but I hope it'll pick up soon.

I'm wondering what classes/storys you guys think are the most engaging? Side doesn't matter I'll try anything - I've got a level 14 Asssassin and that's okay....but not really diggin it.
Try engineer sniper. Great story and everything fun in this game without alot of drawbacks. I liked darkside gunslinger as well but not everyone seems to.
-I would rather pay for a great game than play a poor game for free.
-Viable and worthwhile are not the same when it comes to class design.
55 Commando - 50 Gunslinger - 50 Guardian
Beta tester...loved the game, hate what it has become.

_Darkstar
01.14.2013 , 10:44 AM | #10
I got a Sorc to 50, a BH to 47 (Finished class quest, got bored), and have seen SW and JC stories and am now levelling a Sniper and the Sniper is by far the most fun so far.

Cover is an interesting mechanic if you can get used to it, the story is awesome so far (I read how people loved it but it is WAY beyond the other ones that I have seen up to the end of Act 2) and the actual planet stories seem to fit more because as an Imperial doing what they ask is part of your job so it just felt better to me. I never liked why my Sith cared for stuff, or how poorly my BH got paid for planet jobs.

I love the MM spec, the burst damage is amasing and you keep on getting new powers that just make you better and better!

To top that off you get some cool looking gear (Though never tell your GF you love the look of your toon in his uniform!) and some interesting companions
British by act of union, English by grace of God, Northern by pure good fortune!