Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

PvE Guide to the Lethality Sniper by B'oard

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Gunslinger / Sniper
PvE Guide to the Lethality Sniper by B'oard

TiPnDiP
07.13.2013 , 02:39 AM | #121
[Edit]

haksilence
07.20.2013 , 09:15 AM | #122
need some advise on my rotation for hybrid
(Note: gunslinger terminology)
Right now im doing something like
Shrap bomb>filler>vital shots>shockcharge>wounding shots
then followed by 4 GCD of filler

filler i will use a buffed charged burst, FFB, sabotage charge, and possibly aimed shots to take up 2 filler spots.

is this a decent/correct rotation? im sitting atjust shy of 2900 cunning and am able to hit 2700 consistently, but im just wondering if im getting the most out of this.

i stack 2x2set bonus'

thanks in advanced
10/10 NiM Dread Ops
Archon Jaberse, Captain Morgan Spice'rum, Gatecrasher Kithide Ameranthine
<Aisthesis> and <Postmortem>
Quote: Originally Posted by Ardarell_Solo View Post
Mr. Captain Morgan Roll/Rummaster ^^

MasterJacer
07.23.2013 , 01:17 AM | #123
Quote: Originally Posted by haksilence View Post
need some advise on my rotation for hybrid
(Note: gunslinger terminology)
Right now im doing something like
Shrap bomb>filler>vital shots>shockcharge>wounding shots
then followed by 4 GCD of filler

filler i will use a buffed charged burst, FFB, sabotage charge, and possibly aimed shots to take up 2 filler spots.

is this a decent/correct rotation? im sitting atjust shy of 2900 cunning and am able to hit 2700 consistently, but im just wondering if im getting the most out of this.

i stack 2x2set bonus'

thanks in advanced
Um I would definitely put shock charge first, then shrap bomb, then vital shots, then wounding shots. And don't think of fillers as GCD related. Think of it as until WS is up again. Don't lower your DMG by delaying WS. You want dots up during second WS. Use SC, AS, and CB as filler priority. When SC is up do that followed by AS. When it is in cool down use SC followed by a buffed CB. You can try doing Ambush before applying dots, or using SC before first WS using CB in every filler period.
And hey I think I played you in PvP very recently...hmmm...and beat you in DMG. xD.
Good luck
Yttrunchach: Sniper - The Ebon Hawk - <Nemesis>

haksilence
07.30.2013 , 11:05 AM | #124
Quote: Originally Posted by MasterJacer View Post
Um I would definitely put shock charge first, then shrap bomb, then vital shots, then wounding shots. And don't think of fillers as GCD related. Think of it as until WS is up again. Don't lower your DMG by delaying WS. You want dots up during second WS. Use SC, AS, and CB as filler priority. When SC is up do that followed by AS. When it is in cool down use SC followed by a buffed CB. You can try doing Ambush before applying dots, or using SC before first WS using CB in every filler period.
And hey I think I played you in PvP very recently...hmmm...and beat you in DMG. xD.
Good luck
all of my dots have a 0% downtime and the only dot that gets clipped is schrap bomb which has a .5 seccond clip off the tail end on reaplication i onlt say 4 GCD between WS becuase thats the duration of WS's cooldown
10/10 NiM Dread Ops
Archon Jaberse, Captain Morgan Spice'rum, Gatecrasher Kithide Ameranthine
<Aisthesis> and <Postmortem>
Quote: Originally Posted by Ardarell_Solo View Post
Mr. Captain Morgan Roll/Rummaster ^^

paowee
07.30.2013 , 11:50 AM | #125
That's one reason why my Hybrid play has deteriorated over the months. I use fillers during dot reapplication when i SHOULD be using em between WS/Culls (stuff like SaboC/EP, FS/SS, FoB/RS).

Boss pointers:

KEPHESS THE UNDYING

As we all know switching targets as DoT spec is a pain in the a. But sometimes you got to be on add duty because you are ranged and no one else can do it. In Kephes The Undying in TFB (HM/NiM) what you can do when assigned to energy distortion duty is:

Initially on Kephess > CG > CD

Adds are about to spawn (assuming you camp in mid or roll into mid to tag an add):

Target distortion > IP > CG > CD > Cull
Target distortion > SC > SB > VS > WS

By this time (well in my raid group at least) Kephess is about to, if not already channelling his laser beam:

Retarget Kephess > Orbital Strike > (RS/TA if needed, AP if you mess up your energy) > (Ambush or LS filler if needed) > CG > CD
Retarget Kephess > Flyby > (FoB/IM if needed, CH if you mess up your energy) > (AS or SLCB filler if needed) > SB > VS

EDIT: Or you can do Kephess > CG > CD > OS
Kephess > SB > VS > Flyby

Kephess should be knocked down:

Kephess is on the ground > Cull > EP > SoS
Kephess is on the ground > WS > SaboC > SS

Kephess stands up and you repeat (run to mid or roll to mid to tag an add):.

Pointers: be sure to stand beside Kephes so your OS/FB can finish of the distortion.
Idea is to let your dots tick while you prep Kephess for the incoming burn phase (OS/FB + 2 DoTS)
If you find that you have some spare time, use Ambush/AS or 1 Snipe/CB or auto-attack to bid your time.
You want Cull, SoS and EP / WS, SS and SaboC to be used on Kephess during each burn phase (OS/Flyby if applicable).
Republic < Intrepid > The Harbinger slinger sage vanguard dps
swtorboard.org dps blog.class guides.end-game stuff
16 man | 8 man DPS leaderboards | Galactic Starfighter Records

Darth_Caedes
08.01.2013 , 09:48 AM | #126
Hey All,

I'm still getting used to everything with Snipers/Agents so I apologize if these are rookie questions. In regards to stats, are generally looking to get as much cunning (full cunning augments, etc), 100% Accuracy / 110% Tech Accuracy and try to avoid crit?

paowee
08.01.2013 , 11:30 AM | #127
Quote: Originally Posted by Darth_Caedes View Post
Hey All,

I'm still getting used to everything with Snipers/Agents so I apologize if these are rookie questions. In regards to stats, are generally looking to get as much cunning (full cunning augments, etc), 100% Accuracy / 110% Tech Accuracy and try to avoid crit?
150 crit is a good bet. If you want more you can go up to 200 which is what namesaretough is using/used. You can be a boss and go 0 crit for more bonus damage though (and a little bit less energy regen from dot crits).

Darth_Caedes
08.01.2013 , 11:42 AM | #128
Quote: Originally Posted by paowee View Post
150 crit is a good bet. If you want more you can go up to 200 which is what namesaretough is using/used. You can be a boss and go 0 crit for more bonus damage though (and a little bit less energy regen from dot crits).
Thank you for your quick response. Is the 2 set bonus from PVP/PVE still the best bet for more dps?

paowee
08.01.2013 , 11:57 AM | #129
Quote: Originally Posted by Darth_Caedes View Post
Thank you for your quick response. Is the 2 set bonus from PVP/PVE still the best bet for more dps?
Yes its still better even with the cunning loss from upgrading to KD gear.

paowee
08.06.2013 , 09:00 AM | #130
PDF for Lethality/Engineering rotations (Slinger)
https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B9S6...AzVnY3ZVU/edit

Teminologies
  • FS = SS
  • SC = IP
  • SB - VS = CG - CD
  • WS = Cull
  • SS = SoS
  • IM = TA
  • X = Fillers
  • XS = OS
  • SabC = EP
  • AA = auto-attack