Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

PvE Guide to the Lethality Sniper by B'oard

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Gunslinger / Sniper
PvE Guide to the Lethality Sniper by B'oard

ZetaaZ
05.13.2013 , 03:07 AM | #111
There is actually small luck with some skills and small unluck with some skills.
My crit is 28%, so dots are ~40% with skill and cull+sos 36%... Not sure does cull also take advantage of periodical dot? Since I always have more crits on cull than that 36%

About the start of the fight i started with orbital then dots. Whitout cropping dps would be 10-20 less.

And about the corrosive mine. Sure that can be used and should be used on some bosses where it doesent really matter are you range or not. If you cant use it, just replace it with rifle shot or sometimes maybe with lazetarget snipe. If i would not use it in dummy i would replace it with rifleshot i guess and dps loss is not more than ~20.

Here is some stats what i have atm:
Tech bonus dmg: 1404.1
110.4% accuracy
67.87% surge
3401 cunning

Naaras Sniper
Miul'on'mora Op Healer

DoctorDragon
05.13.2013 , 05:32 AM | #112
Wow, that parse really makes me wonder if its worth investing in some crit!

Edit: Would you mine telling us how much crit rating and power you're running?

paowee
05.13.2013 , 11:25 AM | #113
Quote: Originally Posted by DoctorDragon View Post
Wow, that parse really makes me wonder if its worth investing in some crit!

Edit: Would you mine telling us how much crit rating and power you're running?
He mentioned: 28% tech crit chance. With the lethality +12% DoT talent his dot crits should be at around ~40%. That is very high and needs investment in a lot of Crit gear (something I do not have and perhaps the reason why my Full Lethality parses are a lot lower than my Full MM).

With 0-100 Crit my DoT crit chance is around 30%. I think he using around 200-300 Crit rating in his gear to get his dots to crit almost 45% of the time. You could write us a post about it Naras!

P.S. have you tried Lethality Hybrid with that amount of crit rating? What are your results?
Republic < Intrepid > The Harbinger slinger sage vanguard dps
swtorboard.org dps blog.class guides.end-game stuff
16 man | 8 man DPS leaderboards | Galactic Starfighter Records

ZetaaZ
05.13.2013 , 12:44 PM | #114
Did a little bit modification on gear already. Now im 27.79% crit with 268 rating. Dot crit change is +12 so dot crit is 39.79%. My power is 845 atm and using partisan and conqueror pvp power proc relics. Im trying to keep crit around this and invest power/surge later.

edit: I have tested hybrind, brings me around same dps or even little bit less in the long run.

Some parses from yesteday:
http://www.torparse.com/statistics/T...nd/Operator+IX
http://www.torparse.com/statistics/T...ss+the+Undying

Naaras Sniper
Miul'on'mora Op Healer

paowee
05.13.2013 , 01:53 PM | #115
Quote: Originally Posted by ZetaaZ View Post
im 27.79% crit with 268 rating.Im trying to keep crit around this and invest power/surge later.
What do you think of 300 crit rating build? Have you tested it? Just really curious since that was the established stat rating for Lethality and Hybrid snipers back back in 1.7 (and then the PTS came and now in 2.0 people dismiss crit rating all together)

ZetaaZ
05.13.2013 , 02:11 PM | #116
For me its working quite nice. Needs to be tested later whit 0 crit compared to ~300 when i have items for it.

Naaras Sniper
Miul'on'mora Op Healer

paowee
05.13.2013 , 02:18 PM | #117
Quote: Originally Posted by ZetaaZ View Post
For me its working quite nice. Needs to be tested later whit 0 crit compared to ~300 when i have items for it.
I have recently parsed Full lethality with 0 Crit and the results are underwhelming (versus MM with the same stats build) >_<. Will post the logs later tonight.

paowee
05.13.2013 , 11:44 PM | #118
Tech bonus dmg: 1404.1
110.4% accuracy
67.87% surge
3401 cunning

also nice stats. i am at..

tech bonus dmg; 1414
100.72...% acc
65.65% surge
3252 cunning
272 crit rating

testing out full lethality right now with these stats. i tried hybrid with more crit (finally got some crit gear) and it was around 50 DPS from the ~0 crit build i have.

paowee
05.16.2013 , 02:40 PM | #119
First i'd like to say thanks to everyone who participated and helped in creating this Hybrid guide. It was great talking to everyone and learning from each other!! However taking into account BioWare's stance on Hybrid builds, the changes they made to bring MM , Engi and Full Lethality up to par, and finally due to real life.. i will no longer be maintaining and updating this guide. For these reasons i've requested for this thread to be removed from its sticky status.

paowee
07.09.2013 , 02:12 PM | #120
Been having some Hybrid questions and thought i'd updated this 1.7 guide with the right 2.0+ links (specs for example). The rotations are pretty much still the same and did not change from 1.7 to 2.0

EP (IP > CG > CD > CULL > SOS > (lazed snipe or ambush) > CULL)
IP > CG > CD > CULL > SOS > EP > CULL.
IP > CG > CD > CULL > OS > RS (1 or 2) > CULL (when no burst energy regen ability is available)
my favorite:
IP > CG > CD > CULL > EP > OS > ~ > CULL (cluster bombs will give you burst energy regen while casting OS)

The major change Hybrid got in 2.0 was the increased energy regen and lower energy costs which made it FAR easier to play than it was pre-2.0. But like i mentioned before, in between the fun Engineering spec and the new 36/3/7, i think i'l lbe spending less time as Hybrid and because of that asked for this thread to be unstickied >_<;