Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

PvE Guide to the Lethality Sniper by B'oard

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Gunslinger / Sniper
PvE Guide to the Lethality Sniper by B'oard

paowee's Avatar


paowee
01.14.2013 , 02:54 PM | #31
Quote: Originally Posted by NoTomorrow View Post
I think i am the worst offender here, i am sitting with 41% crit chance buffed 699, bonus ranged damage (with 2 warhero power relics). No idea how much DPS i am loosing. Do you have any parsers with everything same but different crit/power stats? I am curious how much it affects the DPS. I stopped doing PvE stuff when 1,4 came out, in fact i haven't even seen the TFB. And PvP has kinda different stat priorities, in PvE i can get away with minimizing endurance, in pvp i just go for some remote balance.
http://i.imgur.com/2YOte.jpg My current non BiS gear/stats. Will create a mrrobot profile and post it here.
Republic < Intrepid > The Harbinger slinger sage vanguard dps
swtorboard.org dps blog.class guides.end-game stuff
16 man | 8 man DPS leaderboards | Galactic Starfighter Records

Korbayne's Avatar


Korbayne
01.14.2013 , 08:23 PM | #32
been playing with this spec all day with outstanding success my only question is why razor rounds over experimental explosives?

paowee's Avatar


paowee
01.14.2013 , 08:42 PM | #33
Quote: Originally Posted by Korbayne View Post
been playing with this spec all day with outstanding success my only question is why razor rounds over experimental explosives?
Razor Rounds Increases the critical chance of Cull and Series of Shots by [4 / 8]% It buffs your Cull and SoS 2 important abilities in your rotation. Cull is a big part of your rotation around ~20% of your total damage done where as Experimental Explosives seems nice since it makes your Frag Grenade and Orbital hit harder, these abilities make up a little portion of your DPS.
Republic < Intrepid > The Harbinger slinger sage vanguard dps
swtorboard.org dps blog.class guides.end-game stuff
16 man | 8 man DPS leaderboards | Galactic Starfighter Records

Korbayne's Avatar


Korbayne
01.14.2013 , 08:46 PM | #34
aye and i understand that but i feel like 30% extra damage on OS crits and Corrosive grenade which is 100% up and also effected by experimental explosives which may be worth more than your cull critting 8% mroe or doing 6% more damage(from marksman tree) idk i think maybe its worth a look is all.

paowee's Avatar


paowee
01.14.2013 , 08:54 PM | #35
Quote: Originally Posted by Korbayne View Post
aye and i understand that but i feel like 30% extra damage on OS crits and Corrosive grenade which is 100% up and also effected by experimental explosives which may be worth more than your cull critting 8% mroe or doing 6% more damage(from marksman tree) idk i think maybe its worth a look is all.
Let me add that to my to do list and ill post you my results when im done
Republic < Intrepid > The Harbinger slinger sage vanguard dps
swtorboard.org dps blog.class guides.end-game stuff
16 man | 8 man DPS leaderboards | Galactic Starfighter Records

NotRonin's Avatar


NotRonin
01.14.2013 , 11:41 PM | #36
Quote: Originally Posted by Korbayne View Post
aye and i understand that but i feel like 30% extra damage on OS crits and Corrosive grenade which is 100% up and also effected by experimental explosives which may be worth more than your cull critting 8% mroe or doing 6% more damage(from marksman tree) idk i think maybe its worth a look is all.
Experimental explosive doesn't increase the damage of Corrosive grenade, and the 8% extra critical is needed for this spec. Cull ticks don't get the 12% DoT buff. If you want harder hitting Orbital Strikes, you should go 0/18/23 instead of 2/18/21. There are fights where you'll want that extra AoE surge (Kephess trandolsan phase), but for most fights a 2/16/23 build will do around 50 dps more.

NoTomorrow's Avatar


NoTomorrow
01.15.2013 , 01:32 AM | #37
Interesting, i could swear that my Cull got also the 12% crit from the DoT talent. Can you verify this? I had parsers with my Cull reaching 60% crit chance (while my base crit was 40%)
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Scatter Bombs are meant to be a fun bit of extra damage that occurs when you roll into or away from the action. That said, we’re okay with you trapping an unsuspecting enemy for a “wall bang” every now and then.

MrBuzKiLingTon's Avatar


MrBuzKiLingTon
01.15.2013 , 04:52 AM | #38
"Cut Down" in leth tree offers a 6% crit chance increase on Cull, SoS, and OS. Combined with "Razor Rounds" with adds an extra 8% crit chance of Cull and SoS. this equals a 14% crit gain( i.e. 40% crit Base + 14% from talents = 54% crit on Cull and SOS) The talent "Lethal Dose" offers an increase on the crit chance of all periodic effects( i.e. CG,CD,and IP) by 12%, similar to the name its called it would not have any effect on Cull, due to the following:
1) Cull doesn't do periodic damage it has a cast time and is quite similar to SoS.
2) Cull is not a DOT...

54% crit w/talents isn't bad, all DOT effects receive a 12% boost making them have a 52% crit chance.

Seems Legit.

As for the 18/23 build the 30% boost works for orbital, TG, and SB(aoe shooting move) the damage increase is more for the engineering tree (IMO) due to that tree is more AoE friendly. But mostly for the Plasma Probe. Thusly unless you intend on only using Orbital and TG alot then that build would be less DPS then the 2/16/23 build.

AoE is nice but you aren't going to use it all the time... and you already have the most powerful AoE in the game...

My 2 Cents
<INTREPID>
The Fail Legacy

Ardarell_Solo's Avatar


Ardarell_Solo
01.15.2013 , 08:31 AM | #39
Actually playing a Smuggler on a European server, so I'm trying to translate both abilities and languages ;-)

Quote: Originally Posted by paowee View Post

The first reason you want IP at the beginning is that it can serve as a visual counter. When IP comes becomes available, it means that it is time cast CG and CD again.

IP duration: 18 seconds
CG duration: 21 seconds
CD duration: 18 seconds

IP - CG - (RS) - CD rotation will make it so that both CG and CD will end at the same time.
Shouldn't you generally apply the longest ticking dot first? i.e. First CG then IP and then CD?

I find like this i can make sure all three Dots are still up through the whole length of the second Cull channelling, regardless of how many Rifle Shots I have inserted to save energy or other abilities I might have inserted e.g. due to target swaps and then returning to the boss...
El'ethon - Sentinel <Infinitas> T3-M4

Synavix's Avatar


Synavix
01.15.2013 , 09:35 AM | #40
Quote: Originally Posted by Ardarell_Solo View Post
Actually playing a Smuggler on a European server, so I'm trying to translate both abilities and languages ;-)


Shouldn't you generally apply the longest ticking dot first? i.e. First CG then IP and then CD?

I find like this i can make sure all three Dots are still up through the whole length of the second Cull channelling, regardless of how many Rifle Shots I have inserted to save energy or other abilities I might have inserted e.g. due to target swaps and then returning to the boss...
IP won't affect Cull, so most people will use it first to maximize the amount of time that CG and CD are up together, allowing them more room for energy management and Rifle Shots. There is some debate as to whether the Gunslinger version is acting the same, or whether it's acting as an extra DoT (*only* when Vital Shot or Shrap Bomb wear off, it never works as a third DoT), but it's really a non-issue since Cull/Wounding should only be used with CG and CD up anyway.