Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

PvE Guide to the Lethality Sniper by B'oard

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Gunslinger / Sniper
PvE Guide to the Lethality Sniper by B'oard

Archaetorrhi
01.13.2014 , 05:03 PM | #191
Gotcha, thanks for the help! I'll work on it soon.
So, where am I missing that last 600 dps? I'm assuming a chunk of that is my 72 mainhand, and I could add about 2 APM from looking at that top parse, but that's still a lot of dps to make up.

Archaetorrhi
01.14.2014 , 12:27 PM | #192
http://www.torparse.com/a/552508/3/0/Overview - 3243

I think it's safe to say I have it learned. That took all of like half an hour Thank you hybrid!

fyakyou
01.20.2014 , 01:52 PM | #193
So with the decrease in orb strike damage incoming, and the relatively recent increase to overload shot damage, what would your thoughts be on spec'ing into calculated pursuit instead of experimental explosives for a hybrid sniper?

ArchangelLBC
01.20.2014 , 02:32 PM | #194
Quote: Originally Posted by fyakyou View Post
So with the decrease in orb strike damage incoming, and the relatively recent increase to overload shot damage, what would your thoughts be on spec'ing into calculated pursuit instead of experimental explosives for a hybrid sniper?
I think you're better off speccing into Precision Ambush in the MM tree for Armor Pen on Ambush and use that.
In update 2.9 the game will simply uninstall itself for you.

-Wnd

paowee
01.20.2014 , 08:44 PM | #195
Quote: Originally Posted by fyakyou View Post
That is really interesting... might give that a test one of these days o_O;
Republic < Intrepid > The Harbinger slinger sage vanguard dps
swtorboard.org dps blog.class guides.end-game stuff
16 man | 8 man DPS leaderboards | Galactic Starfighter Records

Ardarell_Solo
01.21.2014 , 03:57 AM | #196
I tried out precision Ambush and Calculated Pursuit while not using OS a while ago and it didn't convince me: Problem is, you're also losing extra surge on every crit tick of Corrosive Grenade and on your Frag grenades, which are important in add heavy fights.

But you'd probably go for Calculated Pursuit in PVP now...
El'ethon (Sentinel) | Rickmyron (Gunslinger) | Alreegan (Sage)
Craeg (Scoundrel) | Dacs (Commando) | Vayus (Guardian)
<Taking the Jawas to Alderaan> Tank und rDD gesucht! Infos HIER.
T3-M4

Psylee
01.21.2014 , 09:11 AM | #197
Quote: Originally Posted by Ardarell_Solo View Post
I tried out precision Ambush and Calculated Pursuit while not using OS a while ago and it didn't convince me: Problem is, you're also losing extra surge on every crit tick of Corrosive Grenade and on your Frag grenades, which are important in add heavy fights.
Yup i can confirm that
Corrosive Grenade
w/o Experimental Explosives = 1190
with Experimental Explosives = 1394

where Experimental Explosives wont add anything to Explosive Probe what was my main interest that made me test
w/o Experimental Explosives = 6824
with Experimental Explosives = 6846

for full lethality currently i prefer Precision Ambush instead 5 more energy and waiting for the day when relics will be fixed so we can dump that selfheal point
also 1 point in precision ambush wont make your non crit ambush hitting more than lazed snipe
but 2 point precision ambush makes non crit ambushes hit harder than crit snipes wich makes skill even more powerfull if crits
Disciples of Babylon
The Red Eclipse

paowee
01.21.2014 , 01:09 PM | #198
Quote: Originally Posted by Psylee View Post
Yup i can confirm that
Corrosive Grenade
w/o Experimental Explosives = 1190
with Experimental Explosives = 1394

where Experimental Explosives wont add anything to Explosive Probe what was my main interest that made me test
w/o Experimental Explosives = 6824
with Experimental Explosives = 6846

for full lethality currently i prefer Precision Ambush instead 5 more energy and waiting for the day when relics will be fixed so we can dump that selfheal point
also 1 point in precision ambush wont make your non crit ambush hitting more than lazed snipe
but 2 point precision ambush makes non crit ambushes hit harder than crit snipes wich makes skill even more powerfull if crits
Do you clip SOS or delay Cull to get in that extra Ambush?

Psylee
01.21.2014 , 02:45 PM | #199
im delaying Cull ,looks so hard to get a proper clipping on SoS on PTS with 200+ ms lag and energy drains me a lot ,1 out of 3 times im able to continue with rotation
someone mentioned using ambush before SoS than Cull could be more energy efficient and im eager to try that on next PTS visit
but if you manage to do that its a win win scenario i believe ,tho its so awkward
Disciples of Babylon
The Red Eclipse

paowee
01.22.2014 , 02:53 PM | #200
Quote: Originally Posted by Psylee View Post
im delaying Cull ,looks so hard to get a proper clipping on SoS on PTS with 200+ ms lag and energy drains me a lot ,1 out of 3 times im able to continue with rotation
someone mentioned using ambush before SoS than Cull could be more energy efficient and im eager to try that on next PTS visit
but if you manage to do that its a win win scenario i believe ,tho its so awkward
It is and it will be difficult to pull of in raids optimally. I'm curious though if delaying Cull to fit in an Ambush each time is going to be a DPS increase versus just using Cull on cooldown.