Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

PvE Guide to the Lethality Sniper by B'oard

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Gunslinger / Sniper
PvE Guide to the Lethality Sniper by B'oard

paowee
10.18.2013 , 10:24 AM | #171
Quote: Originally Posted by namesaretough View Post
I'm not sure. I don't pay attention to the meters on this fight since we meet the only two dps checks pretty easily (Styrak/Brontes, and the final burn). We also tend not to have tab-dotting, because we single target the bosses down close to pushing and then move to the next one.

Do you really use 4 tanks?
Not 4 just 3 haha. One kiting raptus, One with bestia and the other on calphayus. We have extra tanks so :P and we can't really sit anyone out because they are all core-raiders. The other one just swaps to his 69 MH slinger for other bosses when there is absolutely no need for 3 tanks.

This is one fight where I reaaaally like playing hybrid. The task of dot managing on 3 out of 4 bosses is quite fun. Plus i'd rather put CG up on another boss instead of rifle shotting my main target. It should not affect your single target DPS when you use CG on a different target during the extra GCD between CD and the first Cull. Just using Rifle Shot i feel is "lazying" the DPS potential of the class and that's why i do it. lol. It's definitely more noteworthy "strategy" as opposed to, say.. having multiple bosses stacked up and ignoring mechanics when everyone is geared up and relying on CG's aoe component
Republic < Intrepid > The Harbinger slinger sage vanguard dps
swtorboard.org dps blog.class guides.end-game stuff
16 man | 8 man DPS leaderboards | Galactic Starfighter Records

paowee
10.18.2013 , 10:29 AM | #172
Quote: Originally Posted by Psylee View Post
i just found http://youtu.be/MwGfWNtPr5g these rotation as more energy friendly and realtime metters show consistent dmg output
it goes like
CG - CD - Cull - EP - IP - SoS - (IF Lazed Snipe) - Cull - RS - CG - CD - RS - Cull - EP - IP - SoS - Cull

From my experience till now in DF/DP ,being Hybrid over Full Lethality gives more dmg output except on Brontes where CD-CG-Cull-Takedown is way bether energy and dmg wise than CD-CG-IP-Cull ,mind that EP is not up every now and than and we have to deal with lots and fast single target swaps.
All in all ,i like how they casted OS useless in most fights and prefered on few add waves that appear.Nerf for 4ticksOS is not needed it was just the mechanics being too much stationary.
I can imagine Lethality being good for the target swaps in Brontes. You have TD and that will definitely help in between adds when you have Cull and SoS on cooldown. I never tried Lethality for that fight though, i go MM.

Torgru
10.20.2013 , 05:07 AM | #173
Hey there, paowee. Feeling fanciful, I decided to look at your intro post, and noticed something.

For the full Lethality spec, this is what you have listed for the main rotation.
CG - CD - WB - Cull - TD - SoS - Cull - TD - repeat

I don't know if I must be doing something wrong, but that never works. I always end up with
CG - CD - WB - Cull - TD - SoS - X - Cull - TD - repeat
I always get that open global right there. I've been running Lethality for a while now (loved it pre-2.0, came back seeing Orbital changes incoming) and have since adapted it slightly.

Now, it looks more like:
CG - CD - WB - Cull - TD - X - SoS - Cull - TD - repeat
-X Priority
1.) Corrosive Mine (If practical, start moving immediately after Cull)
2.) Rifle Shot (If not near max energy/regens not ready)
3.) Snipe

Just wanted your thoughts. I can just never seem to rid myself of that global, but every time I see someone else post a Lethality rotation, it doesn't have one.
The Raine Legacy
Ellisish - 55 Sniper -+- Alex´s - 55 Juggernaut
Teneree - 55 Powetech -+- Arayani - 55 Mercenary
Kherama - 55 Marauder -+- Iannada - 55 Assassin -+- Lisi - 55 Operative

namesaretough
10.20.2013 , 08:32 AM | #174
Quote: Originally Posted by Torgru View Post
I can just never seem to rid myself of that global, but every time I see someone else post a Lethality rotation, it doesn't have one.
That global's definitely there. My priority for it is the same as yours, except I use that spot to put up the armor debuff as a top priority if noone else is providing it.
Smugglin

Torgru
10.20.2013 , 09:52 AM | #175
Quote: Originally Posted by namesaretough View Post
That global's definitely there. My priority for it is the same as yours, except I use that spot to put up the armor debuff as a top priority if noone else is providing it.
Oh well yeah. That's a given. But 90% of the time, I run with a Jugg, or an arsenal merc, or some other sniper maintaining the buff. I was mostly commenting that every time I see someone else writeup the rotation, it never accounts for that global.
The Raine Legacy

paowee
10.21.2013 , 01:13 PM | #176
Hey there, paowee. Feeling fanciful, I decided to look at your intro post, and noticed something.

For the full Lethality spec, this is what you have listed for the main rotation.

I don't know if I must be doing something wrong, but that never works. I always end up with
CG - CD - WB - Cull - TD - SoS - X - Cull - TD - repeat
I always get that open global right there. I've been running Lethality for a while now (loved it pre-2.0, came back seeing Orbital changes incoming) and have since adapted it slightly.

Now, it looks more like:
CG - CD - WB - Cull - TD - X - SoS - Cull - TD - repeat
-X Priority
1.) Corrosive Mine (If practical, start moving immediately after Cull)
2.) Rifle Shot (If not near max energy/regens not ready)
3.) Snipe

Just wanted your thoughts. I can just never seem to rid myself of that global, but every time I see someone else post a Lethality rotation, it doesn't have one.

is only a basic rotation. http://swtorboard.wordpress.com/2013...hality-sniper/ is a bit more recent and if you watch the video it shows that there is always a "slight extra GCD" in between your 2 Culls. Normally you'd just wait it out and use Cull immediately but as you can see in that post using Roll as a filler (if you can) is a single target DPS increase.

CG - CD - WB - Cull - TD - SoS - Cull - TD - repeat ==> basic
CG - CD - WB - Cull - TD - "X" - SoS - Cull - TD ==> X = roll if you can. Slightly harder to pull off in a raid due to melee requirement. Also due to raid mechanics and movement, you normally would just Cull right away (without the X) otherwise you'd end up delaying Cull even longer. Personal preference. I do not have a parse that shows if delaying Cull everytime, to do , say a Snipe during every rotation is a gain in sustained DPS. What i DO know is that if you use Roll during X each time, it is going to be a DPS increase.

Quote:
Just wanted your thoughts. I can just never seem to rid myself of that global, but every time I see someone else post a Lethality rotation, it doesn't have one
You do not want to get rid of it. You want to use it to roll or EP if energy/circumstances allow.

Torgru
10.21.2013 , 02:33 PM | #177
Quote: Originally Posted by paowee View Post
You do not want to get rid of it. You want to use it to roll or EP if energy/circumstances allow.
That's another thing I've been seeing. Use EP, use EP. I dunno if it's just me, but whenever I use EP, even with TA or AP ready, it starves my energy. But, in that same situation, with careful timing, I can instead use two snipes, and I've just been overall doing better by neglecting EP. As an example, last night I was playing around going back and forth, and those runs where I wasn't using EP at all, I was pulling ~3100, generally a little over. But, when I used EP, I capped out at 3050, because I struggled more with energy management.

I mean, I know that >3k is more than enough for any boss fight regardless, and at this point it's pretty much just nitpicking. Just how things have been working out for me, in my quite suboptimal gear.

For those wondering, dem enhancements. It's a work in progress.
The Raine Legacy

paowee
10.22.2013 , 02:39 PM | #178
Well that's good that you are getting more DPS by using Snipe instead of EP If you can parse and test it for us that would be great! In the meantime i try not to think too much about that extra GCD.

In a raid setting with mechanics that extra GCD sometimes/more often than not gets used by movement requirements and i just do the normal/usual Cull ---- Cull rotation. Can't even use the extra GCD to roll even, like say in fights like Tyrans or Dread Masters and Calphayus (i save the roll to get out of the huge red reticle). But if you are thinking of min-maxing for the training dummy, that's an entirely different thing.

Torgru
10.23.2013 , 05:40 PM | #179
In my experience, even if it's a movement heavy point, I'll just throw out a rifle shot, worst case scenario. Overload Shot if doing decent on energy. AS for the roll, I agree completely. I see it as impractical for many fights. I also save it for the red circle in Cal, and it's way too risky in Tyrans. Others, like Grobthok, Draxus, Raptus, etc. I can see it fitting well enough, though.

As for your mentioning of my parsing, this is currently my highest parse, using the AMR profile I linked above. I've since gotten a couple upgrades, but I haven't actually parsed with it. And I'm fully aware I clipped my very first cull >_> I hate myself enough for it already.

One thing I don't like about parsing on the dummy is the armor debuff. It makes me float extra energy, that could otherwise be spent on Snipe. But, because I have to maintain it myself, I find myself just not having the wiggle room to get in Snipes with my energy, as I more often float on the edges. I'm thinking of asking an arsenal merc or jugg tank friend of mine to maintain the debuff for me, to get a more practical idea of what I'll do, as my group utilizies a jugg tank and a MM sniper anyway. It's rare I have to maintain Shatter Shot
The Raine Legacy

paowee
10.24.2013 , 04:12 PM | #180
In my experience, even if it's a movement heavy point, I'll just throw out a rifle shot, worst case scenario. Overload Shot if doing decent on energy. AS for the roll, I agree completely. I see it as impractical for many fights. I also save it for the red circle in Cal, and it's way too risky in Tyrans. Others, like Grobthok, Draxus, Raptus, etc. I can see it fitting well enough, though.

As for your mentioning of my parsing, this is currently my highest parse, using the AMR profile I linked above. I've since gotten a couple upgrades, but I haven't actually parsed with it. And I'm fully aware I clipped my very first cull >_> I hate myself enough for it already.

One thing I don't like about parsing on the dummy is the armor debuff. It makes me float extra energy, that could otherwise be spent on Snipe. But, because I have to maintain it myself, I find myself just not having the wiggle room to get in Snipes with my energy, as I more often float on the edges. I'm thinking of asking an arsenal merc or jugg tank friend of mine to maintain the debuff for me, to get a more practical idea of what I'll do, as my group utilizies a jugg tank and a MM sniper anyway. It's rare I have to maintain Shatter Shot
Hah just as long as you're doing good on the operations you shouldn't be bothered by dummy parses! Do you happen to do 8man or 16man HM? If you do 16man HM check out this thread here.