Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

PvE Guide to the Lethality Sniper by B'oard

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Gunslinger / Sniper
PvE Guide to the Lethality Sniper by B'oard

DoctorDragon
08.23.2013 , 03:25 AM | #141
Quote: Originally Posted by CJNJ View Post
Wouldn't say never EP, but rather treat it like in MM and use it if you have the energy or with TA/AP. granted flyby will still be better then EP in most regards
Indeed, that was bad phrasing on my side. I have to agree with you, when I've been testing full leth in both raids & the dummy, EP is never rotational, I'll only use it if I get lucky with energy refunds, or during AP. However I'm only 2/2 pvp and 1/(4) PvE so takedown costs half a leg and I tend to run dry on energy very easily if I'm not careful.
Viila

Sniper on The Red Eclipse

paowee
08.23.2013 , 03:35 PM | #142
Yep i didn't forget about updating this. Just having some... issues.

SWTOR forum says:

Quote:
The text that you have entered is too long (50592 characters). Please shorten it to 50000 characters long.
-__-
Republic < Intrepid > The Harbinger slinger sage vanguard dps
swtorboard.org dps blog.class guides.end-game stuff
16 man | 8 man DPS leaderboards | Galactic Starfighter Records

paowee
08.23.2013 , 05:45 PM | #143
Quote: Originally Posted by wainot-keel View Post
Well, it says "major update since 2.0" so I kind of assumed it was going to be udpated.

The proc makes so it resets Takedown cd and you are able to use on targets regardless of their health. As for the energy issue, that's why I'm keeping the "old" armorings for bonus set since they provide a significant reduction of Takedown's energy cost.

Currently, tooltip on my sniper shows:
Explosive probe: Energy 25, damage 4288-4395, 30 seconds cooldown
Lazed snipe: Energy 20, damage 3451-3639 (crit multiplier 67,40), 1 minute cooldown
Takedown: Energy 8, damage 4511-4757. Cooldown, well, pretty much everytime after a Cull. With both dots up, I don't remember ever not getting a proc for it.
If energy is an issue and I have to choose, I would skip EP and use Takedown if possible tbh
First wave of updates are up on the front page. And yes you are right as Full Lethality you want to stick to Takedown since EP on cooldown is just going to blow through your energy. TD basically replaces EP and Ambush in the old 1.7 Lethality rotation

paowee
08.26.2013 , 01:41 PM | #144
Added more mirror class terms in the OP. For example..

Hybrid
Quote:
Visual aid - Gunslinger terms https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B9S6...AzVnY3ZVU/edit

These rotations below assume no AP/Cool Head and no TA/Illegal Mods:

When SaboC is up:
SC - SB - VS - WS - SS - SaboC - WS
IP - CG - CD - Cull - SoS - EP - Cull

When SaboC is not up:
SC - SB - VS - WS - SS - AS - WS
IP - CG - CD - Cull - SoS - Ambush - Cull

When Flyby is up:
SC - SB - VS - WS - Flyby - FoB - FoB - WS
IP - CG - CD - Cull - OS - RS - RS - Cull

When Smuggler's Luck is up and you will be at ~100% energy after your 1st WS
SC - SB - VS - WS - SS - SLCB - WS
IP - CG - CD - Cull - SoS - Lazed Snipe - Cull

Use Cool Head with Flyby to maintain a high DPS rotation:
SC - SB - VS - WS - SS - Flyby - CH - WS
IP - CG - CD - Cull - SoS - OS - AP - Cull

Use Illegal Mods with Flyby to maintain a high DPS rotation while taking advantage of your 2-pc PVE set bonus:
SC - SB - VS - WS - Flyby - IM (possible FoB needed) SS - WS
IP - CG - CD - Cull - OS - TA (possible RS needed) SoS - Cull
Full Lethality
Quote:
Changes in 2.0 Full Lethality
1) No more Explosive Probe Sabotage Charge because of its high energy cost.
2) Less use of Ambush Aimed Shot because Takedown Quickdraw now uses up the GCD we used to alot for Ambush Aimed Shot (or Lazed Snipe, SLCB).

Rotation:
CG - CD - WB - Cull - TD - SoS - Cull - TD - repeat
SB - VS - HS - WS - QD - SS - WS - QD - repeat

When OS/Flyby is up:
CG - CD - WB - Cull - TD - Orbital Strike - RS - RS - Cull
SB - VS - HS - WS - QD - Flyby - FoB - FoB - WS

Fore extra DPS using your roll:
CG - CD - WB - Cull - (run to the boss and then) Roll (outwards) - TD - SoS - Cull - TD - reapeat
SB - VS - HS - WS - (run to the boss and then) Roll (outwards) - QD - SS - WS - QD - reapeat

nomzy
09.01.2013 , 10:30 PM | #145
Just wondering if what you said about crit rating still applies now. (for hybrid)
Right now I'm running at 150 crit rating and my DPS on a dummy parse on a good day is 2700 otherwise 2600.
On bosses like DG I finish up at like 2100-2200 so I was wondering if it was a problem with gear or just me sucking.

greg_biochem
09.01.2013 , 11:09 PM | #146
Quote: Originally Posted by nomzy View Post
Just wondering if what you said about crit rating still applies now. (for hybrid)
Right now I'm running at 150 crit rating and my DPS on a dummy parse on a good day is 2700 otherwise 2600.
On bosses like DG I finish up at like 2100-2200 so I was wondering if it was a problem with gear or just me sucking.
I would only add crit if it helps you avoid energy problems, because the spec certainly works well with 0 crit rating.

If you're interested in trying hybrid with 0 crit, I highly recommend checking out this post by KBN:
http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=668053

It's extremely informative, and it helped me parse 3207 when I had full 72 gear.
Server: The Ebon Hawk
Red'october - Gunslinger

Goldenstar
09.18.2013 , 06:17 PM | #147
The links to the specs in the OP appear to be dead, can anyone provide updated links? I skimmed through about 5 pages and din't see any fixed links =\
Vent Rage [vR]

paowee
09.19.2013 , 01:04 PM | #148
Quote: Originally Posted by Goldenstar View Post
The links to the specs in the OP appear to be dead, can anyone provide updated links? I skimmed through about 5 pages and din't see any fixed links =\
The links are working fine for me

Lethality http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#40...GbbkrMRRMsuR.3
Hybrid http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#40...obZGbbkrMRoM.3

ZipZep
09.24.2013 , 06:33 AM | #149
Quote: Originally Posted by paowee View Post
The links are not working for me either, but I think my laptop have a problem with torhead in general, so not sure its the links .

Also, as a PvP player who was recently invited to do his very first Operations, THANKS FOR THIS AMAZING THREAD!
Whasp - Herbs & Derps PvP guild ToFN

Slacking Engineer Sniper and Worst Mara EU

Gloomycakes
09.30.2013 , 04:33 PM | #150
First of all, never got a chance to say, thank you for your amazing guides and the help you provide in these forums and in SamuelAU's Sharpshooter guide!

I've been playing Marksman and Hybrid on my Sniper for quite a while now depending on the boss and feel relatively confident, but I've been asked for a raid-group on my baby-gunslinger recently that demand I play Lethality overall I welcome a change but I have a few concerns/questions:
- They ask me to run with the 4-piece setbonus, seeing how often Takedown is in the rotation I get the logic, but is it really needed for resource management?
- How do I handle bosses like Styrak, he disappears and re-appears rather often, is it a matter of learn to play or is it natural to feel a bit gimped in a DoT spec?
- Does Lethality really hold more potentional compared to Marksman (or even the hybrid?) Like I said before I don't mind the change but I really feel in boss-fights such as Titan 6 (entrench,) The Terror from Beyond (adds/jumping away from DoTs) and Cartel Lords (entrench) Marksman can give me a bit of an edge, even if it's just less pressure on the healers. I'm confident once I've shown my worth I can discuss respeccing for certain bosses, but I won't if it's just me needing to learn how to play Lethality better.

Thank you to anyone who provides me the answers, it just felt this was the appropriate place to ask.