Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Merc Buffs Anyone?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Merc Buffs Anyone?

Xerain
01.10.2013 , 02:31 PM | #1
Have a list of things that merc/mando should have stolen from the WoW Hunter. If not all of them then a good majority of them.

Snake trap
-When triggered, releases ~14 Venomous Snakes and Vipers with around 125 health. These snakes afflict the following debuffs:

Crippling Poison - Reduces movement speed by 50% for 12 seconds
Mind-numbing Poison - Reduces cast speed by 30% for 12 seconds
Deadly Poison - Deals nature damage every 2 seconds. Stacks up to 5 times.

Ice Trap.

Freezing trap

Explosive Trap

Last time I played WoW on my Hunter if I remember correctly, back in TBC, the two frost traps shared a cool down and the snake trap and explosive trap could be casted on their own.

Click all these links and read the abilities for the traps.

A real snare they can cast even if it is a 50% slow for 3 seconds on an 18 second CD.

Also last thing merc should get is some form of this: Disengage! Make it a cool rocket pack ability dammit!

cashogy
01.10.2013 , 02:36 PM | #2
these changes totally address the core issue why all Merc/Mando trees are not wanted in PvP..................

traps would give us more utility. thats great. but unless they somehow prevent opponents from leaping/pulling/etc or provide some form of resistance to interrupts, it does not address the problems of the class.

3s "casted" slow on an 18s cooldown? yep, thats a winner
a disengage would be great for more utility, but again: vulnerability to gap closers an interrupts are the source of all Merc/Mando issues (and we have a disengage: ITS CALLED A KNOCKBACK)

im only posting once in this thread. you have never played a Merc at a high level, and have no idea what the real issues with the class are. for the love of the emperor, please stop pretending you have even the slightest clue on how to fix Merc/Mando

ps. Sniper Engineering tree already has "traps". plasma probe is a drop and forget mine that can have 100% uptime if the Sniper is still alive. it provides an AOE slow as well. so if you give Merc traps, it is still inferior to Sniper b/c of the fundamental mechanics of the class.

Smashbrother
01.10.2013 , 02:37 PM | #3
They should be called mines to be more in line with SW lore. But yes, an Ice Mine would be *********** awesome. It would also bring a unique utility for RWZs. Disengage would help too.

Xerain
01.10.2013 , 02:42 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by cashogy View Post
these changes totally address the core issue why all Merc/Mando trees are not wanted in PvP..................

traps would give us more utility. thats great. but unless they somehow prevent opponents from leaping/pulling/etc or provide some form of resistance to interrupts, it does not address the problems of the class.

im only posting once in this thread. you have never played a Merc at a high level, and have no idea what the real issues with the class are. for the love of the emperor, please stop pretending you have even the slightest clue on how to fix Merc/Mando
1. They give more utility. You Already have a knock back and adding in more ways to keep someone off of you does address the opponents leaping/pulling you.

2. Resistance to interrupts... It's called not letting someone sit on your face if they're melee and if they're ranged, well it's going to happen you have to work around it.

3. For the whatever rp statement you want to use. Play other MMO's and learn ranged class mechanics and how they work. As I've said you gotta learn to keep melee off of you to cast and for a ranged you learn to fake cast.

You don't get stupid good mobility + interrupt immune casts.

Xerain
01.10.2013 , 02:45 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Smashbrother View Post
They should be called mines to be more in line with SW lore. But yes, an Ice Mine would be *********** awesome. It would also bring a unique utility for RWZs. Disengage would help too.
mines for commando traps for merc?

The snake trap and the mind numbing poison would be great too. Reduce cast time by 30% on whoever is affected by it! That's something a merc could use too over others IMO.

Invictusthetaru
01.10.2013 , 04:30 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Xerain View Post
1. They give more utility. You Already have a knock back and adding in more ways to keep someone off of you does address the opponents leaping/pulling you.

2. Resistance to interrupts... It's called not letting someone sit on your face if they're melee and if they're ranged, well it's going to happen you have to work around it.

3. For the whatever rp statement you want to use. Play other MMO's and learn ranged class mechanics and how they work. As I've said you gotta learn to keep melee off of you to cast and for a ranged you learn to fake cast.

You don't get stupid good mobility + interrupt immune casts.
Agreed completely. With commando / mercs ability to kite in a ranked scenario even now, ANYONE attacking you is over extending and should be pulled back even further by the vanguard / SIN, whoevers is on CD.

No one is saying you should be able to live with 2 melees on you, no class can, but if 2 melees are on you they aren't on your TWO healers or your tanks / other DPS and your knock back should be MORE than enough to buy you time to **** them up.
Invic- 55 Jugg Tongs-53 Gunslinger
Tongs- 55 Assassin PennÚ-50 Vanguard
Havesome- 55 Sentinel
iKite- 55 Sorc

Jherad
01.10.2013 , 04:36 PM | #7
In this thread, smashmonkeys tell mercs/mandos what crumbs they're allowed from the big boy's table in the next balance patch.
Zachar´ah - Commando / Chasso - Merc
Youtube / Twitch
2.4 is the PvP Patch! ... J/K, Removing RWZs trolololol

Xerain
01.10.2013 , 04:41 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Jherad View Post
In this thread, smashmonkeys tell mercs/mandos what crumbs they're allowed from the big boy's table in the next balance patch.
I guess you've never played ranged in any other MMO huh?

And yup all mara and juggs = smashmonkies.

Invictusthetaru
01.10.2013 , 04:42 PM | #9

I think I'm going to write a teamwork guide on how easy smash is to shutdown.
Invic- 55 Jugg Tongs-53 Gunslinger
Tongs- 55 Assassin PennÚ-50 Vanguard
Havesome- 55 Sentinel
iKite- 55 Sorc

Jherad
01.10.2013 , 04:43 PM | #10

Plenty thanks. And I certainly have more experience playing merc/mando than you do.

But you know, you know best, I'm sure. Do carry on. Tell us, oh mighty smashmonkeys, what buffs you see fit to allow us. Just as long as it doesn't threaten your spot in the RWZ teams.
Zachar´ah - Commando / Chasso - Merc
Youtube / Twitch
2.4 is the PvP Patch! ... J/K, Removing RWZs trolololol