Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

No sound when..

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

billegaard
01.10.2013 , 01:52 PM | #1
I'm in Windows XP SP3 compatability mode.
I really do want to run the game in win xp sp3 mode due to the fps boost I get, helps out a lot in many areas.
Don't really know what more to say, I've tried to run the game as an admin and I've played around with different sound options such as allowing programs to take control of my speaker options, which of course didn't fix it.
Also, I got a fresh install of my Windows 7 OS. It's only a few days old and I've not played around with it a lot, only shut down some services that I don't need. None of them had anything to do with sound.

Got an Asus Xonar D1 Sound Card
AMD Radeon HD 6950 graphics
Asus Crosshair IV Formula motherboard
Two good old reliable mechanical hard drives, C is 70gb (enough for the OS)
D is 232gb, enough for SWTOR and for me.

Anyway here's my dxdiag:
Spoiler

I'm also new to these forums

Bronholz
01.10.2013 , 02:17 PM | #2 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Greetings billegaard,

Thanks for reporting this to us.

Please try running the Repair function from the launcher, this will check for and repair any corruptions in your game files. You can find this by logging into the launcher and clicking the cog icon.

Thanks for your patience.
Bronholz | BioWare Customer Service – Forum Support

billegaard
01.10.2013 , 02:32 PM | #3
Bronholz, I tried to use the repair tool found within the launcher, but it doesn't seem to have fixed the sound issue that appears in Windows XP SP3 compatability mode.
Thank's for the advice though.

Bronholz
01.10.2013 , 02:50 PM | #4 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Thanks for trying that.

Have you checked if there are any updated drivers for your sound card? The ones currently installed are dates from 2010. Although sound drivers aren't as regular as Graphic card drivers, there maybe updates available.

Thanks.
Bronholz | BioWare Customer Service – Forum Support

billegaard
01.10.2013 , 03:09 PM | #5
Bronholz, I have checked and there is one more version released at 2011, however it doesn't say anything about SWTOR, and I've been having some issues with the installation of that version hence why I use the older one. If I were to download and install it I'd have to reinstall my entire computer and run that as fast as I can on the fresh install. And then redownload the SWTOR game which takes quite some time.. I'm sure you can understand that I don't really want to rush to that option quite yet.
But thank you for trying

billegaard
01.11.2013 , 01:55 AM | #6
Help? Have anyone else had a similar issue and fixed it somehow?

billegaard
01.11.2013 , 08:23 AM | #7
Okay so I've upgraded my audio drivers to the most recent version, didn't help at all.
I've kind of been spoiled seeing the type of performance boost the Windows XP SP3 compatability mode provides, and I'd be a bit sad if I'm stuck with the normal mode due to this sound issue.

Anyway, heres my upgraded dxdiag:

Spoiler

OwenBrooks
01.11.2013 , 08:27 AM | #8
Have you tried installing directx 9c again ? i would use the ones from here rather then the web setup.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-au/down...s.aspx?id=8109

billegaard
01.11.2013 , 08:39 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by OwenBrooks View Post
Have you tried installing directx 9c again ? i would use the ones from here rather then the web setup.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-au/down...s.aspx?id=8109
OwenBrooks, I tried installing dx9c using the link you provided, still no sound..
I find it strange that it works just fine if I disable compatability mode, but when I tick in the XP SP3 mode it just vanishes.

*EDIT*
I played around a bit and saw that, while I'm in Windows XP SP3 compatability mode the sound slider available in the volume control isn't there like it is if I run it normally.

OwenBrooks
01.11.2013 , 08:52 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by billegaard View Post
OwenBrooks, I tried installing dx9c using the link you provided, still no sound..
I find it strange that it works just fine if I disable compatability mode, but when I tick in the XP SP3 mode it just vanishes.

*EDIT*
I played around a bit and saw that, while I'm in Windows XP SP3 compatability mode the sound slider available in the volume control isn't there like it is if I run it normally.
That is strange normally xp3 compat will fix sound issues have you tried uninstalling the sound driver altogether and re-installing. will help you look into it tommorow if i find anything will post up