Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Stuck installing main Assets 98 0%

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
Stuck installing main Assets 98 0%
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Baybarus
01.12.2013 , 04:17 PM | #11
I had the same issue, when I recently re-installed the game on my PC running Windows 8 Pro, with the installer freezing on 98%, I got it to work by doing the following, hope it helps:
  • Open the Properties page of your SWTOR shortcut (by right-clicking on the icon on your desktop then selecting properties at the end of the last)
  • Go to the 3rd tab named "Compatibility", and inside it click on checkbox titled "Run this program in compatibility mode for:", then select "Windows 7" from the list.
  • Finally click on "OK", then re-run your installer.

In my case the installer continued and finished the installation and I was able to play then game.

AKBippy
01.15.2013 , 02:14 PM | #12
OK, I finally caved and reinstalled the game, but was still experiencing problems. So, I took Baybarus's advice on top of reinstalling the launcher and restarting the computer in safe mode and...it worked! I was able to download the patch setup and everything went smoothly! I'm really not sure what was causing the conflict but I suspect it was a combination of a corrupt file somewhere and my firewall/antivirus.

TheSkate
01.15.2013 , 03:16 PM | #13
IF you run SWTOR Unleashed and you have this issue...
Run Remove and Quit first.
Then run Retail Release or run the original SWTOR Launcher.
This will allow the update to proceed.
"Blah blah blah, yackity smackity, and a nice cold glass of orange juice"
Hugh Tasmanian Devil