Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Min/Maxing Elite War Hero Gear efficiently (DPS/Heals)

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Min/Maxing Elite War Hero Gear efficiently (DPS/Heals)

Draqsko
01.28.2013 , 03:41 PM | #11
Bumping this because this should really be stickied

Amebia
01.28.2013 , 03:45 PM | #12
Hey arch did you ever make one of these for Wh?

Not much interest in EWH atm

ArchangelLBC
01.28.2013 , 04:00 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Amebia View Post
Hey arch did you ever make one of these for Wh?

Not much interest in EWH atm
Not deliberately no, but I can. Unfortunately the only unslotted armorings come from offhands which are 1400 coms. Enhancements are relatively easy to get though. Off the top of my head I know I looked at combat tech gloves and eliminator's boots (both trooper) for decent enhancements when rounding out my 61 set. I can get on that and edit the original post.
In update 2.9 the game will simply uninstall itself for you.

-Wnd

Amebia
01.28.2013 , 04:13 PM | #14
Interesting

Would you recommend high aim/end in an orange bracer and belt?
Adv nimble 26A
Reflex 27

ArchangelLBC
01.28.2013 , 04:38 PM | #15
No. Always go with the high secondary stat mods. 51 Aim/41 Power or 51 Aim/41 Crit ( think those numbers are correct).

-Wnd

Mookind
01.28.2013 , 05:20 PM | #16
Skimmed it quickly

The only thing missing is the "custom" set bonuses.

For example a 2 PVP Heals, 2 PVE Heals, is what i run as an Op Healer

Also 2 PVP heals, and 2 PVP Efnforcer is popular for heals. (2 piece enforcer increases evasion duration)

I also like the 4 piece stalkers for sorc heals. But you could go a lot of ways with the sorc.

There are other classes I'm sure. GET TO IT!!!

stephenalandavie
01.28.2013 , 05:32 PM | #17
I will stroke your ego for you
Cersei Operative 60 Opness Scoundrel 60
Quabiedney Juggernaut 60 Capt-corelli Guardian 60
Martyn PT tank 60 TouchMyBehind Marauder 60
Big In Japan

ArchangelLBC
01.29.2013 , 12:28 AM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by Mookind View Post
Skimmed it quickly

The only thing missing is the "custom" set bonuses.

For example a 2 PVP Heals, 2 PVE Heals, is what i run as an Op Healer

Also 2 PVP heals, and 2 PVP Efnforcer is popular for heals. (2 piece enforcer increases evasion duration)

I also like the 4 piece stalkers for sorc heals. But you could go a lot of ways with the sorc.

There are other classes I'm sure. GET TO IT!!!
Well for set bonuses you gotta get the armor with set bonuses attached or the relevant armorings. Not really a way to do that cheap except if you're going for a 2/2 PVP/PVE set bonus to get the PVP stuff from boots and gloves and use BH comms for PVE armorings for legs and head gear (or if you have a rakata/columi/tionese head piece and you just wanna hide head slot do that, come to think of that you get free tionese gear now).

-Wnd

Feztonio
01.29.2013 , 12:56 AM | #19
why is the gear optimized and the set bonuses such garbage that you need to grind a dozens of ewh pieces you dont need just to pull mods or enhancements out in order to put them in pieces you do need? it seems like such a waste of time and credits. what bizarro world would game developers think this was a great idea? it's like they don't understand the mechanics of each class and role and what stats are good for them haha
Quote:
"First, you can continue as a subscriber, which gives you unlimited access to ALL game features and future Game Updates at no additional charge." -Jeff Hickman - Executive Producer - Star Wars: The Old Republic

ArchangelLBC
01.29.2013 , 07:58 AM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by Feztonio View Post
why is the gear optimized and the set bonuses such garbage that you need to grind a dozens of ewh pieces you dont need just to pull mods or enhancements out in order to put them in pieces you do need? it seems like such a waste of time and credits. what bizarro world would game developers think this was a great idea? it's like they don't understand the mechanics of each class and role and what stats are good for them haha
Developers do love their grinds. Keeps people playing. The point of this guide was to help you lessen it because personally I don't like grinds.

-Wnd