Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Pink Screen

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

spookyBen
01.10.2013 , 10:35 AM | #1
I start SWTOR and then after it gets past the loading page, it just has a pink screen for that page (the SWTOR page)

My computer is a Windows 7 and used to work perfectly fine.

I'm not banned or a F2P, I also payed the $10.00 to get Beta access to the beta test.
The Jedi are always recruiting new people into their order that they usually don't kill. Meanwhile, the Sith are recruiting people to kill each other.

OwenBrooks
01.10.2013 , 10:44 AM | #2
Have a look at this thread, it offers 2 solutions

http://www.swtor.com/community/showt...=537827&page=3

spookyBen
01.10.2013 , 10:56 AM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by OwenBrooks View Post
Have a look at this thread, it offers 2 solutions

http://www.swtor.com/community/showt...=537827&page=3
I can't find the retailclient file on my computer.
The Jedi are always recruiting new people into their order that they usually don't kill. Meanwhile, the Sith are recruiting people to kill each other.

Melawyn
08.22.2013 , 11:29 PM | #4
i just tried to load into the game after a week of offline. it did the patch and now im getting this stupid pink screen after i hit th eplay button. whayt the hell?

NerdTech
08.23.2013 , 02:16 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by spookyBen View Post
I can't find the retailclient file on my computer.
Try navigating to this path "C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\BioWare\Star Wars-The Old Republic\swtor" and deleting the "DiskCacheArena" file.. . if this doesn't work trying running the repair tool...

Beesodd
08.23.2013 , 02:41 AM | #6 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Hi spookyBen,

Sometimes the pink screen is just a rendering glitch, and a computer restart will sort things out. Also, the DiskCacheArena file should be present in the "swtor" folder within the main install folder.

Beesodd | BioWare Customer Service - Forum Support| Find help for all EA Games at Answer HQ.

OwenBrooks
08.23.2013 , 02:44 AM | #7
If all else fails

•Press the [Windows] Key + [R] at the same time.
•Copy the following in to the text box and press ok: %localappdata%\swtor\swtor\settings
•delete the client_settings.ini file

it should get you going again, things to avoid is alt tabbing when loading , ensure video driver is up to date.