Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Telekinetic Wave = Telekinetic Yawn

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
Telekinetic Wave = Telekinetic Yawn

Elfa
01.10.2013 , 08:24 AM | #1
Having played both the Sith Sorc and Jedi Consular to 50, I've had time to access both and compare the experience I've had with them and their primary force attack.

On the one hand, the Sorc feels dynamic with Force Lightning. It looks, sounds and feels powerful, overwhelming even. You roll in and unleash terrible hell on your foes and watch laughing as they burn to a crisp.

The Consular's Telekinetic Throw on the other hand feels soft and weak. The attack is boring in every way, just a stream of small pebbles being whooshed into your target. It needs oomph, pizzazz and flair. Change the animation and sound on this attack. Make it feel like it hurts, like it can cause damage.

When you use an attack over and over, a boring attack can become monotonous. Just try something new. You say your constantly working on making things better, so give this another whirl. Make the Telekinetic Throw show that Sorcs aren't the only Force users who can unleash the beast.

*Edit* I named the wrong power, it was the throw and not the Wave, sorry.
I'd like to sit down with the guy responsible for having Busta Rhymes fight Michael Myers in HALLOWEEN RESURRECTION. Then, before he could speak, I would slap him so hard his face would explode and his dog would die." - Jim Law

TheBBP
01.10.2013 , 08:30 AM | #2
I guess I disagree. When I have my 50 Sage spec'd into DPS, he feels quite powerful when you watch him unleash the Force on baddies by using the great and destructive power of nature.
Crosswire - Republic Commando / Balloch - Bounty Hunter
Co-Leader of WotM/ALitD Family/Christian Guilds
Site : Recruitment Thread
The Ebon Hawk

Lionflash
01.10.2013 , 08:35 AM | #3
The problem with Telekinetic Throw is that it looks and feels nice in the early stages, particularly, Tython, It looks like something a young padawan would do. When I first saw the ability I thought... Wow, that's pretty creative, design wise as well as clever for the padawan to come up with the idea to do it, very Jackie Chan (if you know what I mean).

But as you get farther into the game it just looks...as you say, dull. Level 50 sages throwing pebles at Sith Juggernauts? Maybe the sound needs to be beefed up a bit, maybe the pebbles should evolve into rocks. Maybe it could just be some kind of force wave effect, like a gust of heavy wind but with the stopping power of the force.

Force Quake is a good example of a Jedi Force user looking as powerful as a Sith Force user (great sound clip) The rest of the abilities look like lesser versions of a Jedi Master.

SentinelDranoel
01.10.2013 , 08:58 AM | #4
I have not used a dps sith sorcerer yet but I have used two dps jedi consulars.
This is my opinion:
TK throw- Does look cool in the begining but looks even cooler when you spec it to tick twice as fast in the telekinetic tree. It is the same move but twice as fast but this only happens after a weaken mind crit. They could adjust it to make it tick faster often.

Project- I hate the new project but I am used to it by now. You can get it to hit twice and it happens often enough in the balance tree, It also staggers the enemy. One rock could have been the new fast one, the second the older more powerful looking one.

Disturbance- Always looks weak outside of a double hit, but that is rare in the telekinetics tree. Hey BW, tlekinetic momentum needs to be increased from 30% to 50%.

TK Wave- Now I was thinking the same thing for the past few weeks. Look at Satele versus Malgus when she does the same exact pose and releases a monster. When I do it my opponent just shrugs it off. Easy fix to me, have it knockback strongs and normals and interrupt channels.

Turbulence- A cool move that can be interrupted. looks amazing, maybe the sound effect needs to match it.

Force in balance- awesome

Sever force- so quick I hardly notice it.
and the Force beat generic Swords and Magic any day. 8/26/14 That was my old signature but after RotHC, I went back to superheroes and swords and magic. Now waiting on Dragon Age and a SWTOR story expac for my Bioware fix

Galbatorrix
01.10.2013 , 09:04 AM | #5
I agree with the OP. I like the general idea of Telekinetic throw, but the rather slow moving small pebbles need to be updated. maybe faster moving long pointed rocks, or at least make the rocks larger or something. Force Lightning just looks and feels so much more powerful.

DarthZak
01.10.2013 , 09:10 AM | #6
I agree

On my Sorc I feel all "FEEL MY LIGHTNINGY WRATH MWHAHAHAH GRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH" and stuff but on my Sage I feel all "PEBBLES! Fly my little pebbles FLY! Pew pew pew! Teehee"
The Peacecraft Legacy
Elycia , Mariemaia , Minagoroshi

TheBBP
01.10.2013 , 09:12 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthZak View Post
I agree

On my Sorc I feel all "FEEL MY LIGHTNINGY WRATH MWHAHAHAH GRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH" and stuff but on my Sage I feel all "PEBBLES! Fly my little pebbles FLY! Pew pew pew! Teehee"
But they are many pebbles of searing pain.
Crosswire - Republic Commando / Balloch - Bounty Hunter
Co-Leader of WotM/ALitD Family/Christian Guilds
Site : Recruitment Thread
The Ebon Hawk

Slivovidze
01.10.2013 , 09:21 AM | #8
I love sounds and effects for Turbulence, TK Wave and Disturbance. I think they pretty much correspond with Sateele's moves in her fight in Hope video. I can live easily with TK Throw, though it would indeed be nice if they would somehow highlighted the force element of it for sages. That would mean:
Consular >10 - TK Throw as we know it, pebbles.
Shadow - still pebbles, it is not one of their important moves so they can go easily with pebble storm as an opportune attack.
Sage - a real TK Throw, as shown in the Hope video (the move that sends Malgus flying to the rock) - there are still pebbles in it, but more importantly there is friggen powerful force stream in it.

(Though I disagree with Sorcs feeling stronger... I feel really silly shooting lightning with the horrbile sound. It feels more sithy, not stronger.)

Terro_Fett
01.10.2013 , 09:22 AM | #9
I dont get why people say Telekinetic Throw is tossing "pebbles". Compare the size of those rocks to your character, they are bigger than your character's fists. Being hailed by that many fist sized rocks would cause serious damage.

Happy_Puppy
01.10.2013 , 09:23 AM | #10
Ya i have a Sith sorc and a Jedi sage and ya the Sage's ability visually feel much weaker to me. The thunder and re-verb effects on lighting make it feel as if your a a bad ***. The pebble power of the Jedi is a bit under whelming in both sound effects and visual effects. imo.