1 Single Operative: 1000 stuns

Royox

So I'm trying to capture a turret on alderaan...."bing" and Stunned.

A partner tries to capture the turret...."bing" and stunned, now I'm free...but I cannot do **** because if I try to capture..."bing" and stunned...now my partner is free but he cannot do **** because if he tries to capture "bing" and stunned......

So...how can It be than the "out of combat" stun has no CD???

I shoul ask...what to do in those situations? I have stealth scan but I don't even know at what distance can they use that stun.

A partner tries to capture the turret...."bing" and stunned, now I'm free...but I cannot do **** because if I try to capture..."bing" and stunned...now my partner is free but he cannot do **** because if he tries to capture "bing" and stunned......

I shoul ask...what to do in those situations? I have stealth scan but I don't even know at what distance can they use that stun.

http://www.torhead.com/ability/gWKHNkb/sleep-dart

One time I was on my Sniper, on AHs, Imp vs Imp. The explosion had ended and I went to cap West as usual. However during the cap I got mind trapped, and I knew that if I tried to cap again I would get mind trapped again. So like the smart person I am I went into Cover, activated Entrench and started capping, so the Stealther couldn't stun me and to stop me from capping he would have to openly attack me. He did, and then he went back into stealth using Blackout (or whatever that ability is that lets Sins go into Steath during combat). But I still had Entrench active, so to stop me from capping he would have to attack me again. And he did, and I killed him. So basically he had wasted his Blackout for nothing.

So you have two people with full resolve vs an Operative. Spend the 2-3 GCDs to kill him and then cap the node.

PS: Operatives, don't post a long hypothetical description of how you'd still win. It's obvious this stealther knew what he was doing and would have had the upper hand anyway, I was just making a point.

Edited by Kerensk

I gotta agree with some previous post. Of all the classes out that that need to be nerfed, OP's should definitely be at the top of the list. They should be made to wear a big sign (even in stealth) that says OVERPOWERED CLASS COMING

;)

p.s. if you think OP's are overpowered now, you should've seen those fools wrecking ppl in the beginning.

Edited by thefishdude

You sound pretty serious...which is seriously retarded. Throw your stealth scan down would probably help and after the second mez break it which will force him to get out of stealth. Honestly I keep people off the nodes like this all the time you can only do so much when stealth (like derp fill the reslove up) to which I will probably die if I am facing two competent players. You don't sound competent so doing a 2v1 against you and your friend would not be out of the question.

I gotta agree with some previous post. Of all the classes out that that need to be nerfed, OP's should definitely be at the top of the list. They should be made to wear a big sign (even in stealth) that says OVERPOWERED CLASS COMING

;)

p.s. if you think OP's are overpowered now, you should've seen those fools wrecking ppl in the beginning.

They used to be great, people used to cheer to see them on teams PVP and PVE (healers) now... the nerf bat has hit them, not as hard as merc's but still.

Troll post, but I'll go ahead and say that you would both be full resolve bar at that point.

as much as i hate the CC in this game that CC fills that resolve bar after being hit 2 times after that you can spam kill that OP.

Don't even know where to begin with this.

1. Both Operatives and Assassins get this stun.

2. Two hits on the stun fills up your resolve, at which point the Operative can't even maximize his big opening Hidden Strike knockdown or his subsequent Debilitate.

3. Use your CC breaker on the second stun. Problem solved + full resolve.

4. Stealth Scan is terrifying for Ops. So is Flame Sweep. Use them both.

Let's face it, stealth in ToR PvP is incredibly overpowered. But don't fear, Assassin and Operatives, this will always be true. BW won't nerf these classes. Indeed BW looks ready to buff them once again in 1.7. Why? Because they have low meta average productivity numbers. Which is how BW measures class (im)balance. The metrics system BW uses can not quantify the value a stealth defender or attacker brings to a team. So it simply ignores it. Thus Assassin tanks, who are the overwhelming choice by teams to solo guard a node will have naturally suppressed damage/protection/healing numbers. Which BW interprets as the class being underpowered. Similarly, stealth attackers, who overwhelmingly are chosen by their teams to raid distant enemy nodes, spend more of their time traveling/in transit and again have suppressed productivity numbers. And again BW interprets that as meaning the classes are underpowered - rather than the truth which is that teams regard these classes as the most concentrated attack potential members of their team.

How much would your PvP team give up in dps to have an Assassin or an Operative who can delay an enemy cap until help arrives? 10k? 20k? 100k? It doesn't matter, because to BW the correct answer is ZERO! According to BW all subclasses should have similar dps, similar K/D ratios, etc. And then stealth classes should have stealth too! Once you understand the stilted way that BW views class (im)balance, then you understand why there is no such thing as FotM in ToR. Instead there is FotE, Flavor of the Eternity - always pick the class who's value can not be measured quantitatively by BW's ingame metrics system. For those qualities and abilities you will get for free.

the easiest and by far the most "productive" way to counter that is to use aoe taunt

i know Vanguards and Powertechs need a target for this but sins and i think sithwarriors dont

taunt effectivly puts you into combat wich in turn will prevent any kind of stealth CCing

Sins taunt has a 30 meter diameter centered on you wich is alot of area lol also keep in mind 95% of the stealthies will prefer to stand on the enemies back as it offers worse stealth detection

this thing is designed to give stealthers an extra edge at defending caps. Instead of promoting a dynamic game with lots of point captures, we have these out of combat mezz that allows stealthers in conjuction with combat stealth to effortlessly delay any point capture for at least 30s in 1vs1 scenarios and at least 20 in 1vs2, long enough for even polish cavlry to arrive.

People talking about steath scan, its inefficien, its just a minor infonvenience but nothing threatening against a decent stealther. As for AoE taunts, its a joke against asassins with their force speeding while cloaked, which baically allows them to stay out of taunt range without worries.

Edited by NoTomorrow

this thing is designed to give stealthers an extra edge at defending caps. Instead of promoting a dynamic game with lots of point captures, we have these retaded out of combat mezz that allows stealthers in conjuction with combat stealth to effortlessly delay any point capture for at least 30s in 1vs1 scenarios and at least 20 in 1vs2 long enough for evn polish cavlry to arrive.

People talking about steath scan are just trolling you. As for AoE taunts, its a joke against asassins with their retarded ability to force speed while cloaked, which baically allows them to stay out of taunt range without worries.

its a matter of how fast you are... aoe taunt does not use a GCD so if you have it hotkeyed you can press it really fast

Most stealthers dont stay that far out tho... as a sin myself i have caught severeal stealthers with aoe taunt many a time

I do agree tho stealth scan is rather uneffective.. its very hard to predict where a sin actually is (since the radius is rather small)

its a matter of how fast you are... aoe taunt does not use a GCD so if you have it hotkeyed you can press it really fast

Most stealthers dont stay that far out tho... as a sin myself i have caught severeal stealthers with aoe taunt many a time

I do agree tho stealth scan is rather uneffective.. its very hard to predict where a sin actually is (since the radius is rather small)

It basicallly gives the complete monopoly to stealthers on anything related to defense and capture of the objectives were the main team is absent. I wish this particular domain wasnt an exclusive for stealthers. It basically forces me as a sniper to always stay with the main team, and many other support classes as well.

Edited by NoTomorrow