Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

My concern about hacking not getting addressed

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
My concern about hacking not getting addressed
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

publicenemies's Avatar


publicenemies
01.10.2013 , 09:00 PM | #41
Where you 6 months ago phillip? This is like bieng robbed at walmart and the police showing and on the case and me saying uh yeah guys were robbed 6 months ago.....

Seriously i find this insulting had you adressed the issue 6 months ago and not have a hackers paradise of an engine we wouldnt be discussing this now would we?

I guess years later is better then not at all eh? /shakes head

Captain-Luke's Avatar


Captain-Luke
01.10.2013 , 11:13 PM | #42
POTF has so many hackers it's really bad atm. I've reported them many times but of course nothing happens. Right now Bioware is just playing politics so they can make themself look good.

This is after EA/Bioware we are dealing with. I've stopped all-together reporting hackers because nothing gets done. Why should I care when the company doesn't care.

Ansalem's Avatar


Ansalem
01.10.2013 , 11:17 PM | #43
Quote: Originally Posted by Captain-Luke View Post
POTF has so many hackers it's really bad atm. I've reported them many times but of course nothing happens. Right now Bioware is just playing politics so they can make themself look good.

This is after EA/Bioware we are dealing with. I've stopped all-together reporting hackers because nothing gets done. Why should I care when the company doesn't care.
yeah POTF is terrible...why do you think I stopped pvping seriously at the end of June? It's been absolutely terrible! I'm tired of opening tickets though...I literally have months of reports ~260 varying from hacking to bugs to trolls to obnoxious kids in general chat and nothing has happened...I get the same generic response and no action so I stopped bothering to even open tickets. If bioware doesn't care to enforce their own rules of conduct for their game and chooses to ignore the people sending in tickets then I guess we should stop even bothering.

Captain-Luke's Avatar


Captain-Luke
01.10.2013 , 11:20 PM | #44
Quote: Originally Posted by Ansalem View Post
yeah POTF is terrible...why do you think I stopped pvping seriously at the end of June? It's been absolutely terrible! I'm tired of opening tickets though...I literally have months of reports ~260 varying from hacking to bugs to trolls to obnoxious kids in general chat and nothing has happened...I get the same generic response and no action so I stopped bothering to even open tickets. If bioware doesn't care to enforce their own rules of conduct for their game and chooses to ignore the people sending in tickets then I guess we should stop even bothering.
Pretty much.

Captain-Luke's Avatar


Captain-Luke
01.10.2013 , 11:22 PM | #45
Well the only solution to this problem since EA/Bioware doesn't care is simple. " Reverse Psychology. " Once that happens they will be on panic mode to fix the hacking and exploits " REALLY " fast. I've seen gaming companies fix something severe as this on other MMO's in a matter of a few days.

Totaltrash's Avatar


Totaltrash
01.10.2013 , 11:55 PM | #46
Quote: Originally Posted by xxIncubixx View Post
lol most "hacks" that people report, is just bad client syncronization or just lag.
Lag indeed - the kind you create yourself with netlimiter etc.

Simple test whenever there is lag - who profits from it?

That's the guy who is lag-switching - honest players don't benefit from lag, quite the contrary!

Sleprock's Avatar


Sleprock
01.11.2013 , 12:09 AM | #47
Stop complaining that they finally said something. They have now acknowledged it and let's move on from that. You whine for them to say something, then when they do, you whine at how long it took for them to step up. Seriously, just take it as it is. It's better late than never.

Cilas's Avatar


Cilas
01.11.2013 , 12:36 AM | #48
Quote: Originally Posted by Ansalem View Post
yeah POTF is terrible...why do you think I stopped pvping seriously at the end of June? It's been absolutely terrible! I'm tired of opening tickets though...I literally have months of reports ~260 varying from hacking to bugs to trolls to obnoxious kids in general chat and nothing has happened...I get the same generic response and no action so I stopped bothering to even open tickets. If bioware doesn't care to enforce their own rules of conduct for their game and chooses to ignore the people sending in tickets then I guess we should stop even bothering.
It's actually not that bad. Seriously. I don't know how many times I've heard people ***** about someone hacking when they are just playing really well. Hell, I've had people say the reported me for hacking and I obviously don't hack. I have only ever seen one hacker on pot5 and I think we all know who that is...
Cilas Vexer Gaming
<Immortals>
YouTube Channel
Live Streaming on Twitch

nidalad's Avatar


nidalad
01.11.2013 , 06:52 AM | #49
Quote: Originally Posted by Phillip_BW View Post
I can't go in to a lot of details, but I can say that actions are taken where appropriate by our Terms of Service team and have been since the launch of the game back in 2011. At the same time I've seen multiple exploiters be less than truthful in public about how no action is being taken against them when in reality any number of their multiple accounts might be suspended or previously permanently banned at the same time.



Apologies, I missed adding the word 'continually'...

"We're aware of the speed hacking that is occurring in the game; rest assured we are continually making adjustments to prevent it from continuing; furthermore anyone that gets caught using it will have their account suspended and/or banned."

I realize the lack of correcting the more public exploiters in the past has implied they have had no actions taken against them. My only advice there is not to take at face value the words of the people who deliberately cheat.

For reference, we have put up messaging about exploits such as speedhacking in the past. An example from April 2011: http://www.swtor.com/blog/action-bei...its-and-cheats
There should be a zero tolerance policy in regards to cheating of any form. Permanent bans of not just accounts but IP's and credit cards. Exploiters should be the only ones who get suspended accounts and even then you should get 1 warning before a permanent ban of your account, IP and credit card.
Moonrunner

Rendolphe's Avatar


Rendolphe
01.11.2013 , 07:10 AM | #50
Quote: Originally Posted by Cilas View Post
It's actually not that bad. Seriously. I don't know how many times I've heard people ***** about someone hacking when they are just playing really well. Hell, I've had people say the reported me for hacking and I obviously don't hack. I have only ever seen one hacker on pot5 and I think we all know who that is...
^ True.

We heard a lot of Ginger and saw him in vid. But I only see 1 time a hacker on PoT5. Ugly lag in PvP is another top priority that BW should look. Time to upgrade your Internet connection BW :P.

Please BW if you catch these hackers, hang them high on the fleet so we can all throw our flashy cartel ball on them or turn them into training dummy on the fleet. I would be the first one to use my Heroic moment and Force choke them with my sage.
Prophecy of the Five

My Youtube channel : http://www.youtube.com/user/rendolphegamer
My TwitchTV channel : http://www.twitch.tv/rendolphegamer