Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

My concern about hacking not getting addressed

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
My concern about hacking not getting addressed
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

cycao
01.10.2013 , 07:20 AM | #11
Very clever bioware...making it look like you read this section of the forums.

Joesixxpack
01.10.2013 , 07:32 AM | #12
Another stealthed official post. What's the story with those? Can we only see them via force meditation?

byteresistor
01.10.2013 , 07:39 AM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Joesixxpack View Post
Another stealthed official post. What's the story with those? Can we only see them via force meditation?
It's either that or a new cartel market feature.

Technohic
01.10.2013 , 07:52 AM | #14
For just 400 cartel coins (price reduced 50%!) you may see dev posts.

Gyronamics
01.10.2013 , 08:03 AM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by RankorSSGS View Post
Started the game up in the past hour or so? The launcher now has a nice shiny warning stating exactly that they are indeed on the lookout for hackers etc. Made me LOL more than anything, but your wish for acknowledgement has been granted. Now we just have to see if they actually do anything.
It's just a scarecrow.

Takes 10 mins to write threats about cheating.

A post which declares 10,000 players have been permanently banned for cheating, now that can't be written so fast.
Notwired @ Not Good Enough @ TRE

MadBernieSkills
01.10.2013 , 08:04 AM | #16
I've played at least 1000 matches, I've never seen something I was sure was a hack. The only thing I've seen is in huttball where someone was in the middle of the arena with the and all of a sudden I hear that he scored. That happened about 2 or 3 times.

Unless all the hacking is tiny changes, like 10% more speed or 10% more health or something, I don't think it is an issue at all. So few people do anything, it is not affecting the game.
Besides there would be a 50% chance they were on your team.

-IceHawk-
01.10.2013 , 08:14 AM | #17
Log Into the Game: Bioware is aware and have left a glaring notification at start-up.

SomeJagoff
01.10.2013 , 08:41 AM | #18
Very thankful Bioware is finally at least acknowledging that hacks do in fact exist in game. Here's hoping the douchebag hackers actually get their toons deleted, permanently ip banned, and origin account banned.
Free Character Transfer & Other Goodies: http://www.swtor.com/r/bgpK6G

LarryRow
01.10.2013 , 08:43 AM | #19
The dev response has probably only been written in English and is still being translated into the other 2 languages. At least, this is the explanation I recall from way back when someone asked why the dev responses sneak in late.

The problem is that when they finally appear, they show up in their original place in the thread, not as the latest post. In busy threads, it's easy for dev posts to go a long time without being noticed. The same thing happens to the dev tracker.

The most notable and recent example is the dev response to the bubble thread in the sorc class forum. It was a very informative post, but because of the delay it was utterly buried in the thread and the dev tracker.
A classic sig that should not be lost:
Quote:
Stunned , pew pew hack slash , stunned , running backward circles, stunned cannot move, pew pew, break stun, 30 second snare, wha?!?!!? stunned, knockdown, ...less stun more pew pew and hacknslash please.

johnpickard
01.10.2013 , 09:06 AM | #20
The speedhacks are annoying, but watch out as well, on my server (the shadowlands) a guy was spamming gen chat about how one of his guild mates has made a clipping hack (walk through walls) and is planning on starting to use it in PvP. ive never seen it done, but i would imagine that if there is enough data client side to spead hack, theres probably enough to clipping hack too