Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Sage Seer - Boundless Ages or Ephemeral Mending?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Sage / Sorcerer
Sage Seer - Boundless Ages or Ephemeral Mending?

rieko
01.09.2013 , 05:02 PM | #1
Im just wondering which Dread Guard relic would be best to go along side the matrix cube for healing? I like the idea of having that extra power from the Boundless Ages relic when needed, but would the passive healing from the Ephemeal Mending be the better option for me as a healer?

Any advice would be appreciated.
Rieko Kun'aero Jedi Sage
The White Wolves
FORUMS RECRUITERS TWITTER

Garell
01.09.2013 , 05:30 PM | #2
Out of those 2 i'd say the proc relic. However, i'm almost certain that the 2 EWH Boundless Ages are best

Kitru
01.09.2013 , 07:07 PM | #3
The healing proc relic is pretty much worthless for healers. The heal is unreliable and the actual throughput is pitiful compared to what you manage with pure power due to the painfully long CD. You're better off just going for with the free Battlemaster Power relic you get from the recruit gear than with the healing proc relic. The Power use relic (Boundless Ages) is useful, but it's only really useful if you're using it. If you're not interested in clicking it, it's not really doing you much good.
Walls of Text? I *love* Walls of Text!
My New Class Idea
Shadow Class Rep - Suggest/Review Questions Here
Quote: Originally Posted by Fende View Post
Listen to Kitru. Kitru knows all.

Darth_Dreselus
01.10.2013 , 09:49 AM | #4
Gearing wise, depends on how much pvp you are willing to do.

If you are ok with pvp just get 2 EWH (like 1 week of pvp, provided you are valour 40), If not get the DG clicky one but do not forget to use it. If you really do not wanna do pvp or are far from valour 40 then BM (credits) or WH (like 2 days of pvp) relics which are easy to get. I would also suggest replacing the matrix cube with one of the above. In the end the following is BiS:

Elite War Hero relic of Boundless Ages + Dread Guard relic of Boundless Ages (if you want on demand burst)
or
Elite War Hero relic of Boundless Ages + Elite War Hero relic of Boundless Ages (for passive boost)
The Last Centurions Derpyn - Sage / Toughen - Vanguard / Bluffin - Scoundrel / Roughen - Sentinel
Filthy-rich - Juggernaut / Timberwulf - Sniper / Ironwill - Mercenary / Ahuizotl - Assassin

BiS Relics for Healers PvE/PvP

rieko
01.10.2013 , 12:01 PM | #5
Thanks guys, I went for the EWH Boundless relic following your advice. Ive been away from the game for a while and didn't realise the Matrix Cube wasn't BIS anymore. I now need to save up more RWZ comms for my next relic
Rieko Kun'aero Jedi Sage
The White Wolves
FORUMS RECRUITERS TWITTER

Kitru
01.10.2013 , 12:26 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by rieko View Post
didn't realise the Matrix Cube wasn't BIS anymore.
It was never BiS. At release it was blue and had pretty miserable stats on it; it was just a stepping stone relic until you got the relics from raiding or PvP. When it was buffed to purple grade, it still wasn't BiS because it was only improved to Columi grade; once again, it's only useful as a stepping stone relic, though at least it's useful for marginally longer.
Walls of Text? I *love* Walls of Text!
My New Class Idea
Shadow Class Rep - Suggest/Review Questions Here
Quote: Originally Posted by Fende View Post
Listen to Kitru. Kitru knows all.

Maxx-Rebo
01.12.2013 , 05:04 PM | #7
I don't pvp on my sage that much anymore mostly use it for pve raiding but I use the matrix cube and the EWH relic, the healing dread relic is uselessss, get the raw statsss.

-Sirus-
01.14.2013 , 11:01 AM | #8
I currently use the dread gaurd on use power relic and the EWH boundless ages. The proc relic is very competive in theory with all alternatives, but in practice I kept parsing 25%+ overheal on that specific ability. Random undamaged DPS would grab the proc standing in my salvation, proc would go off on me following a sacrifice into force mend, etc. The on use power relic averages out to providing more power than the boundless ages. Being an activated ability, though, you need to stay on top of it. All three options should outperform your matrix cube at this time.

New datacrons were mentioned for RotHC. So, its possible we might see some new way of making the matrix cube stronger. I hope this is the case and that the new cube will outperform the boundless ages because I'm personally annoyed that a PvP relic is BiS for PvE.