Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Nvidia inspector (once again)

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
Nvidia inspector (once again)

TheIronMonkey
01.09.2013 , 01:08 PM | #1
The basic question : is anybody using this, working well, what profile is working for you?

My situation : After playing the game for a while on a 9600GT (I know, old) I moved up to a GTX 560. Yeah, not the latest card around, but hey, not everybody has the megabucks. Anyway, the card runs well but, of course, I had the question, am I truly tuned and getting the best out of it?

After reading here and around the web for a while, I read about Inspector. I downloaded it and applied the "swtor" profile. All seems ok. The image is good. BUT...

When I run (run, or speeder) it seems like I am running through patches of tar. Is fast-fast-sloooow-fast-fast-sloooow..... There is also a kind of delay to everything I tell it to do. Seems to me the profile works good, but there might be a setting that is messing me up. I removed the profile (went to Nvidia defaults) and all is back to "normal", that been the way I was running before. So I am pretty sure is the profile, but what in the profile?

No, I am not a GPU tuning expert. While not knowing what every single parameter does, I am an IT professional and can understand most things when explained.
I don't know if this is a Sith thing, but at the beginning of every game conversation my first thought is "You are so dead"...

TheIronMonkey
01.10.2013 , 11:39 AM | #2
Ok, just as info.

I loaded the swtor profile that comes with the tool. I then changed these settings :

aa behavior flag -> None............................................(t his was already set to none)

aa mode ---> override ................................................. (this was set to complement app, pull down)
aa setting -> 4x multisampling .................................. (this was set to 32x)
trssaa ------> 4x sparse grid supersampling .......... (also a pull down)

And it is running much better. In particular I have noticed better graphics and reflections on floors (seems SWTOR locations have somebody polishing the floors a lot)... Note that the reflections are not that important (to me), I would gladly give some of them up for better performance FPS wyse. But hey, for now, seems good.
I don't know if this is a Sith thing, but at the beginning of every game conversation my first thought is "You are so dead"...