Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Want to Test RotHC (and live in Austin)?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Want to Test RotHC (and live in Austin)?
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

NoTomorrow
01.18.2013 , 11:28 AM | #71
Quote: Originally Posted by CoryKolek View Post
Hello,

I'm Cory Kolek, also a UI programmer here at Bioware Austin. I originally implemented the UI Customization feature, and I'm always looking for ways to improve it. I just finished adding the option to change the scale of your buffs and debuffs within the operation, party, player, and target frames. This change has recently entered testing, so look forward to it in a future Game Update!

Are you going us to allow to select which buffs to hide? For example i would be quite happy if i will not be shown the target class buffs and medals.
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Scatter Bombs are meant to be a fun bit of extra damage that occurs when you roll into or away from the action. That said, we’re okay with you trapping an unsuspecting enemy for a “wall bang” every now and then.

Nyoro
01.18.2013 , 01:14 PM | #72
Quote: Originally Posted by Lord_Karsk View Post
Chat bubbles is like the group finder. MMO things that is so normal they are standard features in
any MMO from launch today. And one dont need to be a roleplayer to like chat bubbles.
That may be so, but it still doesn't change the fact that implementing them in a way that would wildly affect the players system performance is a very bad idea.
Triggerhappy - lvl50 Vanguard Tomb of Freedon Nadd R.I.P Trayus Academy
The Honkhonk Legacy
"I haven't enjoyed myself this much since the sacking of BioWare Austin!" -John Riccitiello

bjpbjp
01.18.2013 , 01:19 PM | #73
Since we're talking about the buffs/debuffs maybe a simpler albeit short-term solution would be an option to hide permanent buffs in combat. For example I want to know who needs a class buff before a boss fight. But once combat starts I really don't need to see that every player has the Sprint buff nor do I care which stance a Juggernaut is using.

funkiestj
01.18.2013 , 01:21 PM | #74
Quote: Originally Posted by NoTomorrow View Post
Are you going us to allow to select which buffs to hide? For example i would be quite happy if i will not be shown the target class buffs and medals.
yes, this speaks to my earlier post about wanting to be able to glance down at the (de)buff bar to check for the presence or absence of something specific.

I think the most general statement of the problem is: Even when there are lots of buffs, I should be able to find whether (de)buff <x> is present or not and how many stack very quickly.

Getting rid of uninteresting buffs is one solution. grouping buffs by types (of some sort) and then putting them in a fixed area is another.

turning off some buffs also frees up screen real estate but I think that is less important than improving the ability to find key information quickly.

Mr. Hat says "BW support is the best"!
I am a bad player, so what?

Projawa
01.18.2013 , 04:07 PM | #75
Hello,

I'm Cory Kolek, also a UI programmer here at Bioware Austin. I originally implemented the UI Customization feature, and I'm always looking for ways to improve it. I just finished adding the option to change the scale of your buffs and debuffs within the operation, party, player, and target frames. This change has recently entered testing, so look forward to it in a future Game Update!

Just want to say I really like the UI customization so far.. It's solid, easy to use, bug-free in my experience, and does its job well without any hassle.

Trispast
01.27.2013 , 10:46 AM | #76
Cory thanks for all the hard work making the UI customizable. It was really limiting before you got your hands on it. I was curious if there would be a ready check feature added at some point in the future. Telling everyone to jump if you are here gets tiring.

IrishTR
01.27.2013 , 11:16 AM | #77
Ok so we can save how many bars, how many frames etc. on the interface editor. How about the following things that need to be able to be saved/used across an account:

Save Quickslot/Hotbar actual skills ie, re-arranging these bars when going from a Heal Spec to DPS Spec or Tank to DPS Spec really gets un-nerving and time consuming. Its rather sad I've practically done a hand written method to keep track of 12 different toons configurations that cannot be saved??? everything else on the screen can be manipulated and saved... Make those as well (even if just for skills).

FRIENDS/IGNORE List - dear god if I have to mirror these manually any longer across 12 toons I think I will have to check into the insane asylum. Especially the ignore list with all the gold farmers/spamers! But most importantly I'd like to know when my friends are online you know in this MMO (incase you for got its Massive MULTIPLAYER Online) heh...

Is that too much to ask? These already are being saved somewhere (otherwise when we logout they'd disappear) make it available!

Glower
02.12.2013 , 12:40 PM | #78
Hello,

So 1.7 not an "future Game Update"?
SWTOR goes F2P: http://i.imgur.com/1962X.jpg
A: "They’d love to do that at some point, but technically very challenging and unlikely to happen in the near future." (c)
PvP FAQ, A: "We have no plans at this time" (c)

Nergath
02.12.2013 , 12:55 PM | #79
hate to hijack the thread but is mouseover healing also something for the UI developers? because it would be such a QOL change!

infedele
03.02.2013 , 04:39 AM | #80
i see the new option scaling on buff debuff, but it's not enough, they should be moveable from the health bar
with buff in a location and debuff in another location.
also we need a filter on buff cause on fight i have too many buff and it's difficult to check also the "Proc Buff"
so my best situation will be 2 set of buff, 1 general buff and 1 filtered by me.

and pls let me the chance to remove the useless avater picture from my health bar..i know my face

thx for your work.
my best regards