Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Want to Test RotHC (and live in Austin)?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Want to Test RotHC (and live in Austin)?
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Rankyn
01.09.2013 , 07:06 PM | #31
Quote: Originally Posted by Glzmo View Post
Are chat bubbles part of the UI in RotHC
Every time I see a Chat Bubble post, I have to look and see if Glzmo made it.

Wrthlessnoob
01.09.2013 , 07:36 PM | #32
Aw too bad I'm turning 17 next week not 18

I don't live in Austin but my brother does, and for all of you that say Austin is better to live in then the rest of Texas, it depends on what part of Austin your talking about. Plus to put it nicely a lot of "freaky" people live there.

And by freaky I mean just plain strange...hard to explain.
Jedi Covenant
Bedin, Auf, Csillian, Genericjeditwat, Ex-imperial
Exacerbated, Genericsithtwat, Mandomerc, Erg, Sub-rosa

Washingtoon
01.09.2013 , 07:47 PM | #33
If you are an avid PvP'er and you happen to be in the area it's your responsibility to sign up for this. The rest of us will thank you for it. Even if there's nothing related to PvP in the content there's an off chance that you might get yourself heard in one way or another.

LeonBraun
01.09.2013 , 07:47 PM | #34
Are there any positions of this nature at the Edmonton, Alberta head office? I would be interested if that is the case...
Honalee - Guild Leader of Midnight Sunrise - The Harbinger Server

The Lightwarder Legacy - The Harbinger Server Honalee - Honaloo - Hona - Panidora
Spyce - Cadogan - Praksas - Ratigan

Rankyn
01.09.2013 , 08:17 PM | #35
Quote: Originally Posted by LeonBraun View Post
Are there any positions of this nature at the Edmonton, Alberta head office? I would be interested if that is the case...
It's not for this game, but they do have a testing position open there:

https://performancemanager4.successf...284&company=EA

nartiuslightlord
01.09.2013 , 09:07 PM | #36
I lived near Houston for a year. was so hot the paint on new cars were peeling. Many dead armadillos and a butt load of churches for just about every religion you can name.

But the one thing that stood out was the severe heat, and everyone had leather skin from it. was like being on tatooine in a way, so i liked it until the lady we live with started praising David Koresh, then it was time for me to exit stage left.
Should have went to Austin
CE VIP

SWTOR Episode I - A New Meme
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cNDaG7YqaV4

rhakoth
01.09.2013 , 10:10 PM | #37
Quote: Originally Posted by Glower View Post
****! PLS MAKE BUFFS/DEBUFFS LARGER (player frames, target frames, raid frames etc.). You just need to create new ui regions in UI editor and make it scalable by player. UI Programmer... yeah...
I cannot stress how much difference this would mean to me. Personally I would like to have separate buff and debuff scalable UI elementsfor both player and target that I could place in different positions. As an advanced feature it would be good to be able to filter this list by buff/debuff name and by only showing your debuffs on targets would be awesome.

I would also like to have a 'proc' notification element that simply shows the icon of any abilities that are proc based like Rift has. Think riposte and such forth.

I'm all about playing the game not the UI but with so many things needing to be tracked I personally feel the current UI isn't up to par.

JLazarillo
01.09.2013 , 10:25 PM | #38
As an Austinite, part of me thinks this would be neat.
As someone with a full time real job, though, and not really liking the sort of things other MMO players seem to, I don't really think I'd be useful to 'em.

Machine-Elf
01.10.2013 , 12:25 AM | #39
I'm sorry, but the U.I. design is one of the worst things in the game. I was going to write out a detailed essay on the reasons for such, but I might as well just copy/paste from this guy's thread:

It looks atrocious ever since the 1.2 update. I'm not against allowing player customization per se, but this new one makes a mockery of even the most basic principles of design. I'm shocked it even made it past quality control in the first place, to think it's persisted as is for this long is... i don't even know what it is...

Quote:
Originally Posted by SNCommand
You do know you can change the UI whenever you want? And the original UI is one of the default settings?
No, it's not. THIS is the original U.I.

Quote:
And what in that picture could you not recreate in the UI designer?
If I have to lay it out for you then you just don't get it.

Quote:
Do it, if it's that different from what we can use now you should be able to list the differences and what's impossible to recreate using the UI designer, what you're doing is a cop out
*Sigh* Fine, I'll give you a clue: Notice the blue, semi-translucent thing which runs from the character portrait down to the quickbars, seamlessly tying everything together. Notice how the quickbars don't overlap on top of each other, as they do in the CURRENT "Standard U.I.", but instead are all inside a box-like structure that keeps everything neatly stored. I could go on and on. I mean, even the pop-up informing you a friend has come on-line used to look a thousand times better. See for yourself in THIS VIDEO (starting at 0:41 secs, then again 1:57).

Darth_Victus
01.10.2013 , 01:47 AM | #40
Quote: Originally Posted by Rankyn View Post
They don't want testers with a "developer" mindset.

Just think about how often people complain on this forum about something the developers did that players don't like.
I'm sure that a big component of this position is "fun factor" and developers frequently have trouble stepping back from how they think things should be done and seeing whether or not what has been done is actually enjoyable.

This is one of the reasons that SOE has mandatory company-wide play test sessions... so they get input from people who aren't too close to the project.
I hope this is true, because that means they are learning.

Then again, I would hope that the devs actually fix the bugs that are reported and not just ignore them or put them in a "later fix" like they have with past content patches.