Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Please address your game files corrupting!!!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service (Read-Only)
Please address your game files corrupting!!!

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Mistwraithe
01.09.2013 , 10:57 AM | #1
So I have had the original install from Nov. of 2011. I have never had any login, ctd issues with this installation. As of last Wed. I began to have ctd issues when I log in. I will log in again and get to the character select screen, choose my character and the game will ctd while loading.

After wading thru all the faq's regarding these issues I begin to go thru the fix launcher, repair installation process. This is absolutely a joke!!!!! The repair function only repairs one file at a time so if you have 9 corrupted files you have to keep relaunching it over and over again for each file to repair. So I did this. I was able to play the game for a few days till the patch on 1/8/2013 failed the patch. Guess what1?! Another round of corrupted files to repair. At this point I decide a complete re-install would be prudent. I uninstalled the game, rebooted, ran chkdisk, rebooted again and pulled the download from the account section of this website.

Here is my issue. I began the lengthy process but the patcher keeps locking up and I am forced to hard close the game, reboot and resume the patching. This installation process should be completely worked out by now. The game has been out for over a year. That is plenty of time to put a viable installation product out to your users.

The issue is not with my computer. I can not be more adamit than that statement. This is a software issue from Bioware and should be fixed by Bioware. I can not tell you how disappointing it is to have to go thru this process in hopes that a fresh installation will fix it when the fresh installation has problems as well. How do you expect to get new sub's when the game installation is broken? It is really that simple!!! Your GAME INSTALLATION IS BROKEN! WHICH CAUSES GAME FILE CORRUPTION WHICH IN TURN CAUSES PATCHING TO FAIL!!!!! Do you see where I am going with this??? Let me explain it more simply- If you are building a house and the foundation is crap then you will have issues like water leakage in the basement, settling which in turns causes the walls to crack, doors to not close correctly, windows to not seal correctly etc..

I do not want a standard PLEASE SEND YOUR BLAH BLAH code or post it so we can review. That is a crap answer. What I want is for BW to take responsibility for this issue and fix the problem!!!!!
Zabiatha -Sorc Valor 92
Zesus-Mara Valor 75
POT5

Cerimon
01.09.2013 , 11:29 AM | #2 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Greetings Mistwraithe,

Are you overclocking your RAM perchance? This has been known to cause patch corruption in the past. Also, connecting directly with an Ethernet cable rather than wirelessly will decrease the probability of corrupt data getting into your patch.

Cerimon | BioWare Customer Service - Forum Support

Mistwraithe
01.09.2013 , 11:45 AM | #3
I am not overclocking the pc or video card and I am hard wired. I restarted the patcher for the 3rd time before I left for work. It appears to resume where it locks up but my point is that I believe this is where the file corruption is coming from.
Zabiatha -Sorc Valor 92
Zesus-Mara Valor 75
POT5

Mistwraithe
01.09.2013 , 08:01 PM | #4
Ok after coming home from work...... SURPRISE!!!! The ****** patcher locked up again. This is absolutely unaceptable!!!! A fresh, clean install fails!!! I need answers!!!!!!
Zabiatha -Sorc Valor 92
Zesus-Mara Valor 75
POT5

Mistwraithe
01.09.2013 , 08:11 PM | #5
Deleted this post because of mindless raging!!
Zabiatha -Sorc Valor 92
Zesus-Mara Valor 75
POT5

OwenBrooks
01.09.2013 , 09:39 PM | #6
"I do not want a standard PLEASE SEND YOUR BLAH BLAH code or post it so we can review. That is a crap answer. What I want is for BW to take responsibility for this issue and fix the problem!!!!! "

I cannot talk about ingame tickets so do not introduce that as part of this post.

Some hard truths are needed I think, everyones computer is different and their BLAH BLAH post is a good way to get an initial idea what your computer is setup like, heck I have no idea my crystal ball just doesn't tell me. I can't see your running 50 torrents in the background and wonder why there are lag issues (this is just an example).

Most of the issues outside of actual in-game bugs (not all) are found to be caused by something other then the game itself.
Ie something on your computer.

Be it ESAT and it's packet filtering, Be it Bit Defender not accepting exception changes until re-installed, be it mumble running at start, be it peerblocker stopping the server list appearing.

Yes sometimes the issue is say with a CDN or a router somewhere out on the internet, but crystal balls do not magically tell anyone this.

If people want help they need to be prepared to accept that help, otherwise you simply cannot be helped i'm afraid.

Mistwraithe
01.09.2013 , 09:52 PM | #7
Ok so you are a BW guy obvilously~!!!!

Here is the issue. I have a Masters degree in IT. Not to be a dick but that is a fact!! I have tried every solution for these isues on my own prior to posting to this forum!~!

No over clocking on my processor or video card. All drivers up to date!! Still installation files from a new install will hang! Maybe, just maybe it is on my side but here is my problem. I hear that **** all the time from my vendors and to be honest, if I have taken it to as far as I deem suitable then I feel I have taken it way farther than the average user.

Now if you or BW has an intelligent answer for that then I am all ears!!!
Zabiatha -Sorc Valor 92
Zesus-Mara Valor 75
POT5

OwenBrooks
01.09.2013 , 10:01 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Mistwraithe View Post
Ok so you are a BW guy obvilously~!!!!

Here is the issue. I have a Masters degree in IT. Not to be a dick but that is a fact!! I have tried every solution for these isues on my own prior to posting to this forum!~!

No over clocking on my processor or video card. All drivers up to date!! Still installation files from a new install will hang! Maybe, just maybe it is on my side but here is my problem. I hear that **** all the time from my vendors and to be honest, if I have taken it to as far as I deem suitable then I feel I have taken it way farther than the average user.

Now if you or BW has an intelligent answer for that then I am all ears!!!
I'm not a BW guy, I am a guy that is happy to help however, ( not sure why that means I have to be labled ).

Now without going through the blah blah posts, it does help to see your latest launcher log.
Now when you say freeze do you mean the update stops or the program crashes ?
To save me posting something you have tried yourself , if you can let me know what you have tried would be helpful.

Mistwraithe
01.09.2013 , 10:02 PM | #9
So I am not able to get past 53% of the last installation package. How can this even be!!! You offer a free to play game that does not even install correctly!!!??? How can you even expect a moderate return from your f2p population?

I am a subscription player and I see the end here. If BW will not fix the install how can I think that BW will offer any hope for a f2p person. It is *********** ridicoulous Biowarel And yes I will cuss at you because I have been a sub for over a year now and you have done nothing to fix the issues the prohibit people from even trying the god dam game!!!
Zabiatha -Sorc Valor 92
Zesus-Mara Valor 75
POT5

OwenBrooks
01.09.2013 , 10:24 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Mistwraithe View Post
So I am not able to get past 53% of the last installation package. How can this even be!!!
I don't believe you will find out to be honest if you aren't prepared to accept help in any form.
I wish you well.