Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Suggestion for New Scoundrel Ability

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Scoundrel / Operative
Suggestion for New Scoundrel Ability

Keyran-Halcyon
01.09.2013 , 09:03 AM | #1
So I was thinking that scoundrel should get another ability in this upcoming exp. Granted I would much prefer to see BW fix scrapper and get them on a level playing field as other classes. And honestly I doubt BW will actually do anything other than caterer to the glow stick classes.

Anyways, I think scoundrel, or at least sawbones should get a friendly pull ability. I don't understand why sage/sorc is the only class that gets a friendly pull. To keep with the "theme" of abilities, the scoundrels ability could be called grappling hook and the Ops ability called tactical extraction. This ability could easily be added during the expansion.

What does the other 1% of the player base that plays these classes think???
<Art Supplies>
Captain Hng Slo & Master Teh-Hauss

CarthOnansi
01.09.2013 , 08:27 PM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by Keyran-Halcyon View Post
So I was thinking that scoundrel should get another ability in this upcoming exp. Granted I would much prefer to see BW fix scrapper and get them on a level playing field as other classes. And honestly I doubt BW will actually do anything other than caterer to the glow stick classes.

Anyways, I think scoundrel, or at least sawbones should get a friendly pull ability. I don't understand why sage/sorc is the only class that gets a friendly pull. To keep with the "theme" of abilities, the scoundrels ability could be called grappling hook and the Ops ability called tactical extraction. This ability could easily be added during the expansion.

What does the other 1% of the player base that plays these classes think???

One question though, what would its purpose be? apart from being able to move people a pull doesn't actually benefit us much.
However I like that your putting thought into it, and it is a good idea, just I feel pulls have never been the most wise of things to include in mmos.
Reyer DurinAlyva Durin
"Live Free, Go Down Fighting"

Maxtofunator
01.10.2013 , 09:19 AM | #3
I think he is coming from a purely sawbones POV, which would be a good idea IMO, to put it in the sawbones tree. As a scrapper, I can tell you I am target on a player maybe 1% of the total time, and that is due to them bubbling me or protecting me while I am not targeting any enemy at that time. And from how I understand the video about the expansion, each tree is getting updated, hopefully with a new skill as well, so they could easily give the healers a pull to try to pull them away from a smasher maybe or an assassin who happens to be tearing them a new one.

I think the scoundrel as a whole needs something to help fill in their dps rotation, or something that may be AoE oriented that is useful
Chopper-Tofu- Level 50 Scrapper Scoundrel Sinakel- 50 Carnage Marauder

Keyran-Halcyon
01.10.2013 , 12:37 PM | #4
Honestly the pull is more Sawbones oriented. For PvP it would be awesome to help rescue a player that got jumped outside the group by an OP/Assassin. It would also help in a group fight if one player is killed and then running back, the healer could pull them faster back into the fight. There have been several different times on my Scoundrel I found myself thinking "Man I wish I had a friendly pull, lucky sages"

For scrapper however a pull wouldn't do much except allow them to quickly yank another friendly dps next to them to help take down the enemy, because everyone knows scrapper DPS is the same as a womp rat sneeze.

I have some high hopes that this expansion will finally fix the Scoundrel/operative nerf that happened almost a year ago and basically crippled this class.

*Edit*
Also the pull should actually have a range longer than the heals, so that if a player happens to be out of range to heal, you can use the pull on them to get them within healing range. This would be helpful both in PvP and PvE.
<Art Supplies>
Captain Hng Slo & Master Teh-Hauss

CarthOnansi
01.10.2013 , 05:26 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Keyran-Halcyon View Post
*Edit*
Also the pull should actually have a range longer than the heals, so that if a player happens to be out of range to heal, you can use the pull on them to get them within healing range. This would be helpful both in PvP and PvE.
This, really convinced me of your idea as a scoundrel. Although able to move about whilst doing some healing, my truly big heals are from uwm this has to be cast. People think that we can always be going around healing them. However some times they can just get abit out of range or los'ed. A pull would help so much.

As I don't we need any other healing move particularly, only possibly a mechanic that allows our hot (medpac) when on 2 stacks when we cast a heal on (such as uwm) it does a big instant heal and a mini hot that stays on after. And we lose the two stacks if instant medpac.

Just an idea. Anyways your idea is good a pull would be useful!
Reyer DurinAlyva Durin
"Live Free, Go Down Fighting"