Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Fix flamethrower please.

12.20.2011 , 09:50 AM | #1
Being stationary during the whole channel is nothing more then devastating in PvP.

With so many talents invested to power Fth its so useless when we cant use it on any class that moves more then a few yards. If we for some reason DO use it against a range and hope to get 1 or 2 ticks on him we have no gap closer to get back in melee range again... and no, a 45 sec grip isnt what i call a gap closer. We cant even slow targets at all...

In PvE Fth works pretty ok, but in pvp i rarely find chance to use it due to the movement restriction. It works good with electro dart but a 1 min cd shouldnt be need to make a 15 sec CD viable.

12.20.2011 , 09:53 AM | #2
Flamethrower is fine. Thats like saying that every class should be able to move while they use their channelled abilities.

12.20.2011 , 10:07 AM | #3
Treat it more like a situtational ability rather than part of your regular pvp damage rotation. It's great for burning players piled on the huttball carrier or waiting for the flame traps to dissipate. It's also handy for multiple enemies trying to cap an objective.

12.20.2011 , 11:18 AM | #4
Our snare is 2/2 Sweltering Heat, which combined with 3/3 Bursting Flame - necessary to get to Sweltering Heat - gives Flame Burst a 100% chance to snare for 50% movement speed.

12.20.2011 , 12:47 PM | #5
I tend to agree with the OP you should be able to channel and move with this, rather limited ability otherwise, especially when it's more or less attributed to a tree based on donts and mobility... go figure.

12.20.2011 , 12:48 PM | #6
I actually want a core/signature ability to be viable pretty much all the time, i want to be able to rely on such abilites.. even more so since powertech is a melee class, and casting/channel time abilites as a melee have never worked well in any game before.

Take warrior slam ability in wow as example.. even thou you could keep mobile during channel, had snare and gap closers it was still a broken ability not used. I dont know any other game where they tried to make a melee class "casting" viable.

Quote: Originally Posted by Lezale View Post
Our snare is 2/2 Sweltering Heat, which combined with 3/3 Bursting Flame - necessary to get to Sweltering Heat - gives Flame Burst a 100% chance to snare for 50% movement speed.
And while using combustile cylinder you dont get "Prototype cylinder ventilation" ability that is pretty much mandatory... even with it you reach 100 heat in no time while spaming flame burst.. wich you will pretty much have to since the snare is so low duration.

12.20.2011 , 01:16 PM | #7
I think it would be great if it had short cast time to "turn it on" and then you could run around with it on, with it continuing to eat 8 heat per second until you toggled it back off or ran out of heat.

12.20.2011 , 03:20 PM | #8
Though, I was hoping they'd import warhammer's moving while channeled for similar attacks as flamethrower, flamethrower still has some very significant uses in PVP. It's not an aoe you can indiscriminantly throw around. It's solid aoe damage when Death from Above is on cooldown. It's fairly useful for a powertech since they're forced into close combat range of the flamethrower. In Huttball, the platforms force your opponents in tight clusters (especially if they're running the ball). You can easily flamethrower to soften up targets, get a few kills, and generally make it miserable to be a healer. With some distraction and/or CC you can get full duration and full damage out of flamethrower.

12.20.2011 , 06:59 PM | #9
I found its useless for me because the latency, so i just managed to play without it and i free up 2 Skill points.

Of course Flamethrower is a beast when you are protecting doors in pvp.

12.21.2011 , 12:43 AM | #10
At the very worse, you can use flamethrower to punish those who are stealthed/just stealthed.